To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Rebecky » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:36 am

Oh and one thing that comes to mind with Genesis 1-3 is when God tells Adam and Eve, do not eat from the forbidden tree or you shall surely die... (I can't remember what the text actually says now it went right outta my brain)

When I was a kid and heard that story I thought it meant physically die. I thought the fruit was poisonous I guess. But later and even now when I read it I think about it more and more and I started to think maybe God means they will die spiritually, because if they disobey God's command they then become sinners and is therefore dead spiritually.

That is just something that always occurs to me when I read those verses.
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:38 am

Alright time to go eat and take a shower and get ready for Church.

I'll be around later. :)
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:01 am

Today's Reading
Sunday, January 02, 2011

New Testament: Matthew 2
Old Testament: Genesis 4-6

http://bible.cbn.com/Default.aspx

VERSE OF THE DAY
They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. – Matthew 2:11

1. SHELLYKINS :thumbs
2. BUTTONS
3. AMY :thumbs
4. SHANNIKINS :thumbs
5. KARA :thumbs
6. BEAKERS :thumbs
7. TIARA :thumbs
8. SEEMA
9. PATTY :thumbs
10. BOO :thumbs
11. ME :thumbs

Pup...read your article and truly amazed at the depth and correlations in it. I was very blessed from reading it!

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=126060

Two things guys...

1. I signed up to have the scripture for the day sent to my e-mail and I got a verse for the day, so I've added it.
2. I decided to only put up a 'thumbs up' thingy, once everyone checks in that they've read (the first time)...If I missed you checking in Sunshine & Buttons...forgive me....kinda hard to keep track. Anyway...I decided against the stars for each day, as I didn't want those who didn't read, to feel singled out with let's say one star verses another with 100... :roll:

Hope that works for y'all.

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:05 am

JoyAnn wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:Ivykins and Terror.....WHERE ARE YOU and HOW ARE YOU TWO MUCHKINS DOING? I saw Ivykins on FB but I'm honestly a little bit worried about you Terror...you don't seem like yourself and I care and worry just a tad bit...you know...it's that mother's heart thingy! :heehee

I wish everyone would stop telling me that!

Well, guess what? TOUGH! You'll live and besides, no amount of belly achin 'bout it will ever change my heart for you...that God laid upon me....so there! :tongue And oh yeah...what Pup said too. :mrgreen:

Boo...you gave me a great LOL about men cracking under pressure :!: :lol:

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:07 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:Thanks Timmy-Tot! We miss you something fierce around here too! When you and Puppers aren't around, it feels...well....kinda, sorta, lonely. :(

At first.. I thought she was gonna say "Quiet" :lol:

It's so nice to be loved.

Yeah, well you ARE loved, so DON'T forget it and go and do something stupid like this again. :P

11,111 posts only come around once. Next I will have to work on 12,345. :mrgreen:

Yeah, but we WON'T HAVE TO WAIT on YOU WAITING FOR THE NUMBER TO ARRIVE! So there...to you too! :tongue

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:09 am

Holly's online... HI HOLLY! :D
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:31 am

Rebecky wrote:Holly's online... HI HOLLY! :D

Hey Beakers 'ole buddy! Do you mean online here or FB? I'm on both but I just bring FB up and check it off and on throughout the day.

Good to see your smiling face on here. Let us know what the sermon was about when you get home...ok?

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:41 am

AnneRene' wrote:

Hey Beakers 'ole buddy! Do you mean online here or FB? I'm on both but I just bring FB up and check it off and on throughout the day.

Good to see your smiling face on here. Let us know what the sermon was about when you get home...ok?

I meant on here, I wouldn't know about FB. My head hurts! Again.

Well... I'm all dressed and ready for church and we don't even have to leave for another 45 minutes. :roll:

I'll try to let you know what the sermon is about if I remember or if I'm able to concentrate long enough to get the gist of it.
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Postby AnneRene' » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:58 am

Rebecky wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:

Well... I'm all dressed and ready for church and we don't even have to leave for another 45 minutes. :roll:

I'll try to let you know what the sermon is about if I remember or if I'm able to concentrate long enough to get the gist of it.

And I've prayed that God would touch your head with His healing power and remove your headache completely and that you will be able to absorb the message and that it will be forever written on your heart. I look forward to hearing what the message is. Be blessed little one!

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Bleh. Had a tough week at work, on the heels of returning from tough week in Colorado. Mom is still sick, and not going to church today. She is the stoic/martyr type...".woe is me...but I will suffer alone and get through this"
Oh bother!

I had to work a few hours shift at one of my homes on Friday Night, due to lack of staffing. My body no longer tolerates that kind of physical labor. Then my cat kept me awake most of New Year's Eve night-all the noises upset him.

I have been fighting a sore throat and stuffy nose. Was able to vegetate all day yesterday and it was wonderful. Today, since Mom is not going to church, and the boy I shadow is not coming to church, I am staying home! Another veg-out day! And tomorrow is my holiday day. Hopefully I will feel more alive then, and get something productive done.

I appreciate veg-out days, for I rarely get them! Suppose to rain today, so adds to the cozy cocooning bliss of jammies and blankets.
Barb Culler

BusBoss

Postby BusBoss » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Rebecky wrote:

Ms. Barbie wrote:Bleh. Had a tough week at work, on the heels of returning from tough week in Colorado. Mom is still sick, ...

I have been fighting a sore throat and stuffy nose.

Praying for you guys - hope things get better

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

IvyKat

Postby IvyKat » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Hey folks, I'm back! Winter quarter starts tomorrow. I need to tell you all about the conference, because it was life-changing. I'm not exaggerating.

Hope you're all doing well. Love you.

Ivy
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

LStanley

Postby LStanley » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Barbie I LOVE veg-out days especially when you can be warm and cozy with a good movie or a book! I also don't have a lot of those days because on weekends my husband wants to get out (he is a house husband) and all I want to do is ..... nothing!

Off to read the scriptures now!
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

LStanley

Postby LStanley » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:55 pm

Before I go and read the scriptures I have to kick a myth in the teeth. Matthew 2 talks about the gifts brought to baby Jesus. There were NO 3 wise men, the bible only refers to wise men. Traditionally it gets portrayed like that in all the plays because of the gifts but it was not 3.
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm vegging out today, too. I did like someone suggested and slept the first part of the night with my knees pulled up to my chest and I think it did help. I'm still stiff and a little sore, but much better. My cold is still there, but it's better, too. Thanks for all the advice and prayers!

Pup, glad you made it through work. Guess what? I finished editing your book last night. I was going to finish today, but I had to see how it ended, so I just finished up last night. Love the story!

BTW, I love doing edits and critiques, so if anyone has something they want another opinion on, send it over. I think I'm pretty good at giving helpful feedback but being encouraging, too. I look at challenge articles and stuff like that for free, just as a friend. I only charge if it's a big project like a book or if you know you'll be getting paid quite a bit when you publish it.

maybe God means they will die spiritually, because if they disobey God's command they then become sinners and is therefore dead spiritually.

I've always wondered if they would have lived forever in the garden if they hadn't sinned. Or if they just would have died normally and gone straight to heaven without needing Jesus since they didn't sin.

As much as I hate sin, I can see how much more powerful the real story is. Would we cherish God and purity as much if it was the norm? I guess if we were sinnless we would, but you know what I mean.

2. I decided to only put up a 'thumbs up' thingy, once everyone checks in that they've read (the first time)...

Do you think we even need to keep track like that? But I guess maybe people feel like they want the added acountability of the "thumbs up"?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler