Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

BusBoss
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by BusBoss » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Shann wrote:I named her Luna.
I hope you don't have an arachnid problem ... I'd hate for you to be dealing with Luna-ticks :lol: :lol:

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:48 pm

I deal with lunatics every day! Pup and you are perfect examples. Teehee :mrgreen: How different can Luna-ticks be? She still has her puppy worms and that freaks me out a bit, although I've started the dewormers meds. I also am checking her for fleas. I don't like creepy-crawlies much. The cats aren't crazy about her, but at least they haven't eaten her. Both Boo and Mylee have taken down bigger prey. :o
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:54 pm

Hope you don't have fuzzy house slippers the same color, the poor dog might get the wrong idea. :mrgreen:

DeeJay...? I just now saw your question on the Angels. Best I can do is a link to BBC One. Weeping Angels.

The Angels are creatures of the abstract, when ever they are seen by any living thing, even their own kind, they turn to stone. This is their greatest defense, because you can't kill a stone, but also the main way to trap them forever so they can't move. As long as they are being seen, they can't move, even if the one seeing them is themself, looking in a mirror. That is also why they cover their faces, lessens the chance of them seeing each other.

As to killing people nicely... As creatures of abstract they feed on what is called potential energy. Casting a person back in time creates this. All the days of that persons "potential" future, ripped from time, creates a mass of energy for them to feed off of. They take a person that "will be" important some day, and cast him back in time, all those days that "could have been" are burned away for fuel. And the person... pushed backwords in time to live a different life as a nobody in the past, or get thrown into a nut house because no one believes you are from the future.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:48 pm

I missed Deejay's angel question and can't seem to find it. I've never heard any of that stuff you mentioned. It's pretty freaky. Do they get unstoned once someone stops looking? And are angel statues really statues or stoned angels? :mrgreen:

Well, I have dogs woofing at me which usually means a trip outdoors.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:49 pm

Shann, what happened is since the grandsons of my friends I am currently living with are Doctor Who fans, and one day they brought over a couple of books on Doctor Who and the entities he encounters in his travels as a Time Lord, I decided to ask our resident Doctor Who fan, Pup, about a creature called Weeping Angels. I sent the question as a PM, and he responded on the forum. Weeping Angels appear to be statues of angels with their hands covering their faces, hence their name. But they aren't covering their faces because they're weeping; it's so they won't look at each other, because then they turn to stone. Since it also says in the book that any image of them turns into a new Weeping Angel, I thought that perhaps showing them in a mirror might produce more, instead of defeating them. This lead to a question about whether the rules of fiction allowed for an undefeatable enemy, and Pup answered my question. Sorry about the confusion.

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Nope it's fascinating. Since my hubby is a Dr Who need I had a niggling that it might be that. Of course, it's probably not interesting enough to make me watch it! I'm a Harry Potter girl myself. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Oh come now Shann, you would love the old black and white shows from the '60's. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:04 pm

Good day this. :superhappy Church had a "5th Sunday Breakfast" (when there are 5 sundays in a month) Waffles, eggs, sausage, the works. Then music time done up from the church's Youth Group, more or less, very well done.

After church I spent time with me friends. Okay, so I spent time playing outside with the kids while their parents watched a movie and fell asleep. I am so proud of MY Little Slug, :D she is now riding her bike like a pro. After having such a bad wreck the first time she tried riding it, and then too scared to even look at it, me coaching her slowly has paid off. :mrgreen:

Then we went in and played their Mii (Wii for kids apparently)for few hours. I know playing video games meant for a 4 year old may not sound like much fun, especially when the Monkey doesn't want to run over the scarecrows that make her points because she might hurt the cow she is riding.... :roll:

Slug was much better with the game of course, though I still beat her at fishing. And I don't even like to fish. :shock: Her dad is... well, a big kid that likes videos games, so he did even better.

All in all a very blessed day.

Shann, arre you still using the GMail account?

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:06 am

I am Pup. I was in a step count battle with M and doing great til I popped my kneecap. It's somewhere floating around in space and is like a 5 swear word pain level. Luna is still keeping me busy. I went to church today for the first time in a long time. I still miss Jamie. :shock: I don't do well with change.
I like Dick Van Dyke, Andy Griffith, And Leave it to Beaver is okay. Do they count? Teehee
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:57 pm

No. They are comedy. Doctor Who is a real show. :tongue

How could you lose a knee in space...? Doesn't it stay inside your space-suit? :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:33 pm

I know I haven't been around for a while but I've come back to share a decision I've made.

I've decided to no longer write. I'm moving on from it and searching for better things.

Also, and for many reasons than just discontinuing to write, I am moving on from Faithwriters as well.

I wish you all the best and God Bless.
Dum Spiro Spero

deejay

Post by deejay » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:35 pm

You'll be missed! My God bless you in your new path in life, whatever it may be.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:40 pm

Rebecky wrote:I know I haven't been around for a while but I've come back to share a decision I've made.

I've decided to no longer write. I'm moving on from it and searching for better things.

Also, and for many reasons than just discontinuing to write, I am moving on from Faithwriters as well.

I wish you all the best and God Bless.
:cry: Bye Kiddo. Drop me a line now and then so I know you haven't forgotten this old dog.

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:53 pm

That makes me extremely sad Becky. I enjoy your work and the knowledge that you're nearby even when you don't post. I hope your next stage in life will be wonderful and make you happy and secure in the person God made you to be. I'm always here if you need me.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:27 am

The internet was down the last couple days and I didn't even notice until this morning. Came on to post and couldn't get online at all, then found out my phone was out too... works on the same line. Seems a major fault happened with the local dish and they lost their hook up to the satelite. Three diferent networks were down here, no card use at stores, or atm cash.

Wierd. :shock:

And now that I am back on again... I forgot what I was going to post about. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”