Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:30 pm

:rolling
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:43 pm

My boss gave me the afternoon off so I went and saw the kids. It was good to see them, and curling up on the sofa to watch cartoons is fun anytime. I think my little Slug is growing up, she is starting to resent her little sister getting more snuggle time just because she is smaller. :lol:

The sibling rivalry has just started. :shock: And it is all my fault. :roll:

I am such a terrible Uncle. :D

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Teehee thanks for the chuckles. You both made my day. She's found stray puppies (a litter of 12) and one pup is blind in one eye. She goes and sees them everyday. I think she might have tried to get her host family to adopt one because she found out the host mom hates dogs. She sent pics of them. They are cute now, but they are going to be huge.

I'm finally feeling a bit better. The IV in my foot is still good (knock on wood). Might be discharged in the next day or two. :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:30 pm

Praying for you Shann.

Ooo.. Slug rode her bike today WITHOUT the training wheels. :superhappy

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:42 pm

Yay for Slug and her patient Uncle Pup!

Lyd is doing better I think. She's a bit sad because she befriended a stray Pup and it died. She said it was one of 12. I worry the whole litter will die. She sent pics and they didn't look great. I guess there's lots of strays. Unfortunately, her host mom hates dogs. Maybe the next family will have cuddly critters for her. She walks to school each day with goats.

They are going out to dinner tonight and the host mom helped dress her up and did her hair and make-up and gave her a lovely charm bracelet. She seems to really like her and has developed an amazing relationship even though either one speaks very little of the other's language.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:56 pm

Muslims, like Jews, consider dogs to be unclean animals. I once read a news article about a young Muslim woman who was blind; her religion forbade her to have a guide dog, so she got a guide mini horse. The pups may have had parvo--or that size of a litter plus the fact the mother had to scavenge for food may have resulted in the pups being malnourished in utero. Bad start, no matter how you look at it. Parvo is transmissible to humans, so I hope Lyd washed her hands thoroughly.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:33 pm

FINALLY!!! I got me days off. Sunday and Monday together. I told Slug on my way home and I thought she was going to come unglued, jumping and cheering, dancing around. She is probably more happy about it than I am. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:33 pm

Awww. Yay Pup!

I'm still around. Should really be in bed. But had to turn the computer back on for something and got distracted. :P

Anyway, you know the summer children's musical at my church that I'm always freaking out over around this time of year? Well, now I have an extra reason to freak out. I have an actual part! Meaning I have to memorize actual lines. lol I'm actually really excited, but a bit nervous too. :)

Me to kids last Thursday: Remember, scenes 3 and 4 memorized for Saturday! And trust me, I'm telling that to myself just as much as I am to you!

Scenes 5-6 for tomorrow night (I THINK I'm good to go with that)h then the whole shebang by next Thursday.

At the FW gathering, I will be clutching my well loved script, and perhaps recruiting unsuspecting people to help read lines to me. So if you are reading this and attending the gathering.... beware! :lol:
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:05 pm

You'll be great Allison! But hey if you can't freak out every summer, is it summer? :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:50 am

Joined the kids for church today :superhappy Slug was so good sitting beside me quietly, even when she was trying to secretly change pages on me she was quiet about it. :mrgreen: The little Monkey on the other hand is always too much the wiggle worm. :roll: She had to sit with her mom. :lol:

It was a blessing though, watching the kids all get up and sing at the beginning, then bible study, more songs, and the message was great... even with the Slug changing pages on me. :mrgreen:

Hiya ShortStuff, sorry I wont be able to make it to the gathering, cost wont allow. :( But Shann is right, each year you freak out about the kids group thingy and each year it turns out great. So... freak out all you want, it will be good for you. :lol:

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:29 am

Oops, thought I posted this yesterday. :roll:

4th of July... watched the parade, kids danced on a float done up by the local Christian School. Mainly their dad. There were a few of the kids from the school playing music while others danced, waved and threw candy at people on the street.

Then off to the park for "Family Day at the Park." The local Lions club handles a BarBQ, $8 will get you a burger, chips, cole-slaw, a drink, and a scoop of Ice cream. Three live bands through the afternoon, well two live bands and an Elvis impersonator. :roll: For the kids they have the bouncy castle thing and face painting. And then there is the normal booths with crafty things.

So basically, spent the day with the kids, pigged out on junk food, and watched the little Monkey bounce around until she got sick. We just went to the play-ground then, she had enough of the castle and her older sister was too embarrassed to show her face near the thing after that. :lol:

The girls went home for a bit and I checked out the docks to watch the Card-Board Boat Race, two boats sank this year. one at the start, the other made it nearly to the finish line before the bottom of his boat broke out. He would have won otherwise, he had a big lead over the four remaining boats.

Picked up the girls again for fireworks on the boat basin. Way cool display this year, and no fog. :lol: The little one was still wired and almost ran the whole way home, Slug was done in though, she NEEDED a piggy back to make it all the way. :wink:

All in all it was truly a blessed day. Now the kids are off the summer camp for a week, and it is a good thing I am working 5 days a week now, I might start missing them again. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Ahhhhh Pup sounds like a good day. I know this time of year can be hard on you so I'm glad that you had a good day.

I'm thinking about getting a new puppy but wonder if I'm crazy.
Shann

Shann's Profile

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Just thought I'd say hi :-)

I've been off work on medical leave ... Nothing like being bored at home.

I hope you're all having a wonderful day :D

Here's a recent selfie

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:00 pm

Tim.... you have ummmm grown in places. :shock:
Shann wrote:I'm thinking about getting a new puppy but wonder if I'm crazy.
Yes... but not as crazy as Tim, apparently. :shock:

Sorry, been a bad day. After getting the last weekend, church and kids for the holiday, I am back to 7 days a week until they can find some one to work weekends. The new guy quit after just the two days. I mean really, it is not that hard of work. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

BusBoss

Post by BusBoss » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:04 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Tim.... you have ummmm grown in places. :shock:
Shann wrote:I'm thinking about getting a new puppy but wonder if I'm crazy.
Yes... but not as crazy as Tim, apparently. :shock:

Sorry, been a bad day. After getting the last weekend, church and kids for the holiday, I am back to 7 days a week until they can find some one to work weekends. The new guy quit after just the two days. I mean really, it is not that hard of work. :roll:
:lol: lol Pup

Yes ... I'm quite a bit crazy, but that is actually me. I'm the same me except I am happier and closer to God. I've debated for a while if I was going to make a new account with a different name.

So yes ... I've grown in some places but it's all good. I prefer Tiffanie or Tiffie. Sorry if this is too abrupt of an adjustment.

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

Return to “The Water Cooler”