Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:07 am

Ummmmm. :roll:

Start.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:42 am

That's what I thought. I thought we should continue the cryptic wording so everyone continues to think we are a wee bit crazy. :tongue

I just finished my first sweater. I knitted it on the Loom. It's for Payton, so it's a small one, but I'm still excited. I want to add buttons and maybe an applique. I'm also making a skirt. Hopefully, she can wear it for Easter.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:23 am

Shann wrote: we are a wee bit crazy.
Who are you talking about? I am not a Wee Bit crazy.. I am totally gone. :tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:05 am

Psst, Pup, the whole idea of being totally gone is to let them think you're only a wee bit crazy. Seriously, ask Becky, she'll side with me! :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:28 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Shann wrote: we are a wee bit crazy.
Who are you talking about? I am not a Wee Bit crazy.. I am totally gone. :tongue
He's right, Shann, he's a goner!
Where is everyone? Slow around here.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:22 pm

Naaaa. She will agree alright, to the fact that I am already gone, no Weeeeee bits about it. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:01 pm

He's already gone...

;)
Dum Spiro Spero

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:01 pm

You guys sound like you're having fun. :wink:

I'm aching all over. I took the kids skiing on Friday. It was my first time in 22 years, and the hill we went on doesn't have a ski lift--just rope tows and a t-bar, so my poor legs didn't get a break all day. It was worth it, though. :D

The snow is going away. The sled hill behind our house is very wet, but it didn't stop the kids from sledding yesterday. Might be the last sledding day this winter. Yay for Spring!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:16 pm

Thanks for siding with me Becky and Jay! :tongue

Rachel, I thought maybe you'd fallen off the earth. I've missed you. I was going to send you a note this week to tell you so. You're lucky you only ache, cuz your legs could've gotten a break--but not the kind you wanted! Teehee :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi everybody! I am still around. I wanted to let folks I know put in prayer request on that section of FW. It's about the surgery I wrote of late last year. Well, it's scheduled for this Friday, the 11th. Yiippeee, finally!!
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Good to see you wheelie girl!

Dear Lord, thank you for allowing this surgery to happen. Thank you for the doctors, nurses and staff that make it all possible. Thank you for loving us so much. We ask that you bless our friend with good health so the surgery will be able to happen as scheduled. Give her a sense of peace so that she doesn't worry or play the what's gain. We know you have wrapped her in your protective arms and we are so grateful. We pray that you minimize any post-op pain, infection, or worries. Bless her with more of her great attitude. Thank you for her ability to show her faith, it helps me become even stronger. Guide the surgeon's hands, bless those she comes in contact with with a calming and kind presence. Let those who care for her do so with empathy not sympathy. Take all of her worries and fear and replace them with certainity and calmness. Bless her family and friends who will nurture her when she comes home. Thank you for providing us with loved ones who truly understand us. Let us n Oh t forget that part of the reason you came to earth in human form is for exactly like times like this. When we cry out, you can honestly answer, I know how you feel, both from a human standpoint and from a omnipotent and omniscient God. We are so thankful. We rejoice in the beautiful name of Jesus. Amen.
Shann

Shann's Profile

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:28 pm

Shann wrote:Rachel, I thought maybe you'd fallen off the earth. I've missed you. I was going to send you a note this week to tell you so. You're lucky you only ache, cuz your legs could've gotten a break--but not the kind you wanted! Teehee :tongue
Awww, thanks for missing me. :D I'm thankful I didn't have any injuries! I loved skiing! Hopefully we can get one more ski day in this season. It's a lot of fun learning new things with my kids. Last year I joined a homeschool band with them. I'm learning to play the flute.

Things have been crazy busy. I sent my query letter out to some agents, and three of them requested the manuscript to read. I hope it leads to an offer of representation.

Wheelygirl, I'm so glad you have a surgery date! I'm praying!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:11 pm

Rebecky wrote:He's already gone...

;)
See Shann... told you so. :tongue

Hiya Rachel, glad to hear you are having fun. Um, did you remember pictures? I haven't even seen snow in years, let alone go playing in it. :roll:

Wheels.. will be praying right along with the rest this friday. Don't forget to stop by and let us know how things go.

OOOooo I posted me first brick in four years. :superhappy I almost forgot how. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:18 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Hiya Rachel, glad to hear you are having fun. Um, did you remember pictures? I haven't even seen snow in years, let alone go playing in it. :roll:
Hmmm. Let's see if I can remember how to post pictures.

Here's my girls and a friend. We were actually trudging uphill here (fantastically good exercise!) in search of an elusive ski trail.

There are no chair lifts on this mountain, so we all had to learn how to use the tow rope and t-bar as rank beginners. At one point my daughters fell off the t-bar ahead of me. I decided to bail with them and then friends caught us crawling through the bush trying to make it to the run. Good memories. :D

And here's a pic of my youngest--Joel. It was his 4th birthday yesterday. I always make the kids a fruit face for breakfast on their birthdays so they can wake up with a smile. :D

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:37 pm

Prayers for your surgery goes well, Wheeliegirl.

I read all of RachelM's blog posts. She's informative and entertaining. I'd like to do more blogging but the hard part is coming up with something to say. I guess it doesn't have to be always about God. Here's my latest blog post http://www.praize.com/blogs/Detailed/29136.html
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Return to “The Water Cooler”