Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Thanks for worrying and caring. Things have been crazy. I don't know how time gets away from me so fast. I'm struggling right now big time with anxiety and major panic attacks for the shower tomorrow. I'm excited, but haven't been out of the house much because winter has been so brutal. The thought of all the things I still have to do, along with the thought of going out in public is really doing a number on me right now.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:51 pm

((Thanks Kiddo))

Yeah, Shann came back. ( Not that I was worried you had an attack and had to go into the hospital or anything else like that... :roll: )

I know, life can be a real drag when trials come up on us suddenly, but when you KNOW they are coming.... Only one thing saves me..

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." :mrgreen:

Just think of how cute that baby is gonna be, look ahead with gladness. Will keep praying for you... even if you don't come by every day. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:58 pm

Thanks Pup. You all make me feel so loved and special. I can't believe anyone could care about me, let alone worry. Ya all are the best and I'm so blessed to have each one of you in my life! Hugs :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:09 pm

I was concerned also, Shann. Little Bird made her cute little owls. :thumbs
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:36 pm

Not doing good at all. Pain is off the scale and can't stop crying or thinking about what an awful person I am.
Shann

Shann's Profile

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Shann, The scripture for you to meditate on is There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus. Who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. You are Gods child. Don't let the enemy put negative thoughts in your mind. God has not nor will he ever give us a spirit of fear but a spirit of love and of a sound mind :) Love and prayers, Lori
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

wheelygirl58
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by wheelygirl58 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:42 pm

As I type this, I am thinking of you Shann & I had just prayed for you. Our Lord loves you deeply, please don't forget that!! Also, I, too, know of pain so I can so empathize!! Hold on to Jesus!! :D
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This is,another of my life verses!!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:10 am

Are we suppose to change our clocks this week? Or... is the net weirding out again...? :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:10 am

Thank you all. I think I know what's going on. I'd never really believed in Satanic attacks very much. I believed it happened, but to important people, not to people like me. I have a different view of that now though and I've been helping Q with some things that I do believe we're Satan, and as he gets stronger, Satan gets madder and is coming after me with a vengeance.

Pup, change the clicks? Huh? Have no idea what you're talking about! :tongue Every year, I say it's earlier than before, but Chris tells me I say that every year. I still think it changes each year.

Keep your chin all up. You guys mean so much to me and I love ya all dearly.
Shann

Shann's Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Yes, we "sprang forward" yesterday at 2 am local time. Except, of course, for those of you who live in areas that don't observe Daylight Savings Time. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Satan attacks all believers, not just the "big fish". In the past month, we've had break-ins, car thefts, and damage done to our parking lot lights at church. Why? Because we are planning to take back our city for Christ. Satan doesn't like that, and he's doing everything he can to throw us off. But this past week, we raised, simply by asking for an extra mile financial blessing, more than enough to meet our goals to put in a new security system and fix our parking lot lights. God is good! Satan is a defeated foe, and he can never win when God's people know His Word and apply it!

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:44 pm

Man the week keeps getting worse. I don't know if I can do this. Really bad today. I'm so scared and feel like such a failure and LOSER. I don't know why God would even make someone like me. I'm just so tired of it all. I want to be important to someone. If one of you said these things, I'd be all over you about talking bad about someone I love, but it's hard to believe that I'm even lovable. I think my purpose was to have the 3 most amazing kids on earth, but now I'm done with that. The world is better because of them, but what now?
Shann

Shann's Profile

writermom
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by writermom » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:07 pm

Shann,
You are precious in His sight. Over two thousand years ago the Lamb of God hung on a old rugged cross. Suspended between heaven and earth. For a people whom he loved! He loves you Shann and you are worth the price that he paid. I, too know what pain is like. In 1998 I was given the
diagnosis of R.A. and Fibro. I also have degenerated disc disease. But through it all my God has been faithful and I am no longer on the chemo, prednisone etc. Pain also brings on depression and
that is something the enemy will use, if we let him. If you would like to talk, let me know, I am here for you. As I know, others are as well. God is not finished with you. He knows the plans he has for you but his timing is never our timing. Blessings, Lori
Last edited by writermom on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you have only been published once, you have been read by many" L.G.

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Thanks Laurie. I know my lack of sleep is making it all worse. I appreciate the sweet words. :thankssign
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:11 pm

Has it actually been a week...? Praying all is well with everyone.

Been a somewhat rough week, and now, the one day off I set aside to sleep in??? Yep, some one called, a tree down in their yard. Don't get me wrong I love the work, a blessing to keep me bills payed. But just one day to sleep in...? :roll:

Same with the new story I am afraid to say. Have the story line well enough but can't seem to end it. I know how I want it to end, but leading things up to it is murder. :shock:

And no Jay it isn't a mystery, it is Sci-Fi, sort of. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:38 am

Happy birthday Holly. Technically in my time it was yesterday, but I think it's still your birthday on the coast. I missed shouting Happy Birthday to Ms. Barbie last month. Though I'm a tad late I thought if you both, prayed, and knew you are in God's hand.

We went to hear Q preach. Poor kid, everything went wrong from kids (youth Sunda]) who were pumped up and exuding energy to songs wouldn't play to they lost Internet so the PowerPoint wouldn't work. I thought it was great to show the kids that not everything will go great. Q forgot but of his Sermon, but you wouldn't have known. It was so cool to see him in his element. Even when he prayed, you could feel the passion in his voice. It was powerful and full of emotion. He talked about how everyone is a singer (before that he stepped down off the pulpit and onto the floor to emphasize the Bible verse he used. He made people laugh when things didn't work out. It was awesome! I'm tired after the 12 hour trip each way, but so glad to have a chance to see Q and have some alone time with Christ didn't go because she had a red sore throat. Cuz who has a sore throat? I enjoyed it though. I wish we could have stayed later.

Pup, you know I'm always here to help you with any part of your writing. Feel free to send it to me and I'll give you some suggestions. I'll point out the good stuff too, check for errors or anything else. If you send it soon, I can get it back to you I time for deadline. Of course my offer is extended to all of you. It's great to read your work and enter the challenge. I think everyone here has amazing talent and a huge potential to glorify God. Hugs my friends :?:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”