Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:37 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:I am here... in case anyone missed me. Been having troubles with IE not letting me on the site. Strange it works fine on all my other online goofing off, just not here for some reason. Oh well.

Shann... I thought it was Re-Kiddo-Becky's friend that was sick, not her. Then too I have been gone a few days so I could be wrong. :roll:
Oh you might have been right (first time for everything :tongue) my brain has a hard time remembering anything these days.

I can't remember where I saw the newbie looking for a partner. I think it was under writing tips. I'll try to find it though Jay. Thanks!

Yep that sounds like a PIC line, it can be quite nice so they don't have to poke you so many times. I had to have surgery when they put in my medi-port. I have 3 inch scars on my clavicle area. The first time, the doctor didn't see it in super tight and it rotated and rubbed through my skin. One night I felt something wet on my chest and the port was sticking out. It was gross. I went to ER with an open wound 3 inches long, quite deep and about an inch wide. The surgeon told the ER doc to send me home and make an appointment in his office. The ER doc told me with a win that I could refuse to leave because it would be too dangerous to have an open wound like that. He tried to explain that it was hanging out of my body, but I think the surgeon didn't believe us. I'm so glad the ER doc had my back.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Jay here is the link to the person looking for a writing partner.

,http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... 26&t=38596
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

dmbowman
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by dmbowman » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:55 pm

Thought I would come over and say hi.

I live in central Washington State. Does that qualify for Pacific Coast? :)

Are any of you from Washington or nearby?

I've been writing for the challenge for several months now and have been spending some time on the forums. More than I thought I would.

It's been fun attempting to spread my writing wings a little more.

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:06 pm

dmbowman wrote:Thought I would come over and say hi.

I've been writing for the challenge for several months now and have been spending some time on the forums. More than I thought I would.

It's been fun attempting to spread my writing wings a little more.
We really don't care where you're from. I'm from Missouri and Shann is from New York. We welcome all people here!

Welcome! We hope you don't mind our craziness, and we hope we don't scare you away. We won't be offended if you read a few posts and decide to back away slowly to save your own sanity.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

RachelM
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Post by RachelM » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:05 am

Shann wrote: Are you, Rachel and Toni, still working together? I haven't seen you on lately.
I keep in touch with Toni by email, but we haven't been entering the challenge for a while. Toni is working really hard on building up her social media platform since that's important to publishers. I'm working my way through a massive to-do list. Life is busy!
jaybird wrote:Shann, I'm totally interested in a writing support partner.

I've been deciding what to write and I've been working on my 3rd sci-fi. I also have the Christian violinist novel.
That's awesome!
dmbowman wrote:Thought I would come over and say hi.

Welcome! I live in northern B.C., Canada. :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:21 pm

I live in eastern Washington :o
Thanks, Shann, I got in touch with my writing partner and she's going to email me soon.

I had this short story in my head for awhile and the other day I finally started it. It's kinda like "A Walk to Remember." In my story the girl is a French tutor to Andre the football player who needs a C.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:45 am

Hi Diane welcome to the Rest Stop. It's always nice to have new people pop in. We did have a few members from Washington, but they don't come in quite as often. Amy (Sparrow) is from Vancouver WA. I think Leah grew up in Washington, but lives in California now. And like Jay said he's in Washington too. I'm the oddball (along with Becky) I live in rural Western New York and Becky is in Maryland. We can be a tad wacky, but generally are nice people. Pup barks if Becky isn't here to rattle a newspaper at him, but he rarely bites. I hope you'll come back again and jump into the conversation. Don't worry if it doesn't make sense to you, it rarely does to us either. :mrgreen:

Cool Jay, I hope it works out. Tell Richard to pop back in too. I bet he would like the writer's group too.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Ms. Barbie » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:52 am

Hello, remember me? :D I pop in once in awhile, but the gaps are growing larger between each visit. I check out the topics, but nothing seems to come mind to write about. :(

I've had a change in job locations, but still with the same company. I'm much happier now, although extremely busy! I have a lot of projects to do, which I enjoy doing. I'm still a supervisor over 3 group homes for adults with developmental disabilities, but now in a different city. My clients are higher functioning and more medically frail.

Well, just wanted to say hi. :thumbs
Barb Culler

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:31 am

(OOOoo I get to beat Shann this time.) Hi Barb. :mrgreen:

Greetings Diane. If you cant guess by the name, I'm Pup, and don't worry, even if I did bite, I've had all my shots. :wink:

I am from the Oregon coast, if you had a few weeks to spare, I would suggest reading the beginning of this thread to actually see how we came up with the name. (That and all the goofy stuff throughout.)

Then too, if she does that she may NOT come back.... :roll:

Anywho... the idea came to me that as one travels down a highway they often come upon a rest stop somewhere. AND here were are on the Pacific Coast, (and yes, Washington is on the Pacific) and anyone, from anywhere, could stop by any time. We have had good folks from Lithuania, Thailand, even a stray Australian came by. ( Deb did make an honorary visit once, or was it twice..? )

So stop on by any-ole-time. Take a load off, share a funny, share a tear, or just need someone to vent with. As writers, or writers at heart, we all love a good story. So tell us your's, and we promise not to laugh. (Well, unless it's funny, then all bets are off.) :mrgreen:

<----- Wonders now how Leah is, getting ready for the new job? Were you guys going to move right away or spend time looking for a good place?

As for me.. I am good. No kid withdraws so far, and three new Who shows this season. The new Doctor is kind of odd, but what can you expect this soon in his run as the Doctor.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:04 pm

BARB!!!!!! I'm so happy to see you pop in! I miss you. I'm so happy that you are happier with your job! Happy Dance!!! Are you still taking amazing photographs? Don't wait so long next time between visits. I only entered the challenge once last quarter and I think 2 times this quarter. Time is going so fast.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:42 am

No faster than normal. :roll:

:tongue
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:33 pm

I politely disagree. It's going way faster cuz in my head I'm only like 21, if that. So time has sped up... Unless mind has slowed down :?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Allison
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Allison » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 pm

:superhappy :party :birthday :star2 :shiney2 :music2 :handshake
Happy birthday Shann!!!!!
:superhappy :party :birthday :star2 :shiney2 :music2 :handshake

For those wondering why I'm not singing, I already "sang" to her in a message on Facebook and in the other post in the Water cooler. I figure twice is enough for anyone to listen to me sing anything. ;)
Last edited by Allison on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Thank you. I had a delightful day.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:02 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:No faster than normal. :roll:

:tongue
Plus yesterday I was 48 and today 49.Now that shows how fast time flies :tongue
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”