To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby Shann » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Yep, and here we just shovel out, buy more batteries and generates and complain about the weather!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby deejay » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:37 pm

About the only places in the world with no recorded quakes are Vietnam and Korea. Wanna live there? I don't. On average, here in California we get a major quake about every 25-50 years, and a catastrophic one every 75-100 years. I'll take my chances.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 am

Well.. according to the movies it is normally California and any BIG city that gets hit first. Notice it never happens to the small out of the way towns? They only get the aliens and blob monsters. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:14 pm

The largest earthquake in California history was estimated to be a 7.8, I believe, that struck in 1857. There was only one fatality, when a woman was killed in the collapse of an adobe building. Needless to say, population was sparse back then.
The USGS site has lots of information on the subject of earthquakes and other natural disasters.

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Pup, I'm not sure if I should be comforted that I live in the middle of nowhere or more concerned. Thanks buddy! :D

On a relatively more serious note. keep me in your prayers. My shingles outbreaks have been really bad and I'm a bit worried that I might have encephalitis again. My head and neck hurt so bad, it's hard to talk. According to my family it is coming out all garbled and doesn't make sense. I feel really horrible but do not want to give in to this stupid disease. I haven't been in the hospital since August and would like to never go in again.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:44 am

Just remember what I told you last time... You aren't giving in if you go to the hospital you're fighting!
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:36 am

Ya... unless you are me and then it is doing the doctors a favor by NOT going. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Shann messaged me and asked that I let you all know she is being admitted into the Hospital and to please pray for her!
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:17 pm

Definately praying. Glad she went in though. Some people can be soooo stubborn about going to a doctor. :roll:

I guess that means it will be quiet here with no one to talk to. I might as well take a nap. Doctor Who hasn't started back up yet, and I have watched all my alien shows at least a hundred times each. Man... what will I do now. :(

JesusPuppy Profile

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:55 am

I'm praying for you, Shann! I'm so sorry to hear that you are in this pain. I pray that you will have a quick and restful recovery in the hospital and that you will have an opportunity to bless someone while there.
:grouphug
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:45 pm

Oh, man, what a day I had yesterday! After church, a couple for whom I do work for from time to time--Tommy and Michelle--had me working for them yesterday. They're getting their condo remodeled to prepare it for sale, and they have been at each other's throats. Stress plus baggage, ya know. They've moved the bulk of their belongings--did I mention they're both hoarders, though they've done a great job of reducing the junk in their home?--into storage so it'll be out of the way for the workmen.

I worked from 1:30 pm to 10 pm, long after the last bus had gone. So despite the fact that Michelle has to get up in the morning to go to work--assistant director at TBN--she had to drive me home. I was hauling stuff up the stairs, sweeping dirt off the new flooring, helping Michelle load stuff into her van to take to their storage unit--fortunately, it's like 3 buildings down from TBN--watching Michelle's mom Mary, who's had Parkinson's for the last 20-25 years, until Tommy took her home--and at one point, while getting paint supplies together to take upstairs, one small can had leaked, I stepped in it, but fortunately, got it off my shoe before going upstairs. Also had to clean it up afterwards.
They both apologized profusely to me for their blowups, of course. What's really ironic is that Pastor Brian is teaching a yearlong series on The Whole Story--seeing Jesus in the O.T. --and yesterday morning it was on the story of Joseph. Pastor said that we should pray for trials and tribulations in our lives in order to make us stronger, and that afternoon/evening, of course, is when Tommy and Michelle had their blowup! Like, no thanks, we have enough trials and tribulations getting this condo fixed up and trying to find an affordable place to live, on top of both of us needing dental implants and Tommy needing knee replacement surgery!
I got home at about 10:30pm, and I just put away my lunchbag, changed into my pajamas, finished my prayers I started while waiting for Michelle to get her driver's license before she drove me home, and went to bed. I took my shower, caught up on my journaling and personal Bible reading and study this morning before leaving for the library.
Tommy says that since he's such a walking contradiction right now, he's letting me take over the Thursday night Bible study. I told him to give his temper, etc. to the Lord, and he said he's done that before, but he lapses on that, but will try it again.

So yeah, this is one big prayer request, as well as an account of what I've been up to lately.[color=#000000][/color]

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:33 pm

Oh, goodness, Shann, get well soon! My prayers are with you.

Well, I got my new computer on the 3rd and finally got it dialed in (had some virus issues and MS Word, Excel, browser had a huge toolbar which was rectified via changing the display theme).

I had a strange dream. I went to a restaurant and Amy was there knitting or something. Then she was all cozy sitting in a table booth. I sat at a table with 3 guys I didn't know; maybe gang members talking alot. They left and I went over to visit Amy at her booth with her friend Teresa (if she has a friend Teresa). I sat down with my laptop, but I made too much noise so they went to another booth.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:26 am

deejay wrote:Oh, man, what a day I had yesterday! After church, a couple for whom I do work for from time to time--Tommy and Michelle--had me working for them yesterday.
So yeah, this is one big prayer request, as well as an account of what I've been up to lately.

What a stressful situation. I'm praying for you in that.

Does anyone know how Shann is doing?
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:13 am

Praying for Shann too.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:42 am

Amy use to be the one that gave us updates on Shann when she was in hospital, but now....? I know when she goes in she has a hard time with her veins and they can't always get the IVs in right. Praying all goes well and she will be home soon.

Jay? I didn't know you hung out with gang members. :shock: You rebel you. :roll:

:heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler