Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Ms. Barbie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:27 am

Leah, bummer about hubby's job. :( But God will provide even better.
The Orange County Fair is fun, but wait till September's La County Fair in Pomona. It is twice as big! Maybe we could meet and go together! The only drawback is that it is usually quite HOT!

Hi Ms. Holly! :D

I did not enter a Savory challenge, but did for Diet.
Barb Culler

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:42 am

Ms. Barbie wrote: The Orange County Fair is fun, but wait till September's La County Fair in Pomona. It is twice as big! Maybe we could meet and go together! The only drawback is that it is usually quite HOT!
The only reasonable way to attend the LA Fair is to go at night. Count me in.

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:11 pm

srashmi wrote:
Ms. Barbie wrote: The Orange County Fair is fun, but wait till September's La County Fair in Pomona. It is twice as big! Maybe we could meet and go together! The only drawback is that it is usually quite HOT!
The only reasonable way to attend the LA Fair is to go at night. Count me in.
That would be fun! It's five dollars after 5pm Wednesdays and Thursdays. I would love to photograph there at night! Fireworks too!
Barb Culler

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:20 pm

Becky I blame only writing 111! instead of 1111! on the fact that I can't feel my fingers on my left hand so it's hard to know if I punched the key hard enough and the fact that my vision is blurry so I can't tell the diff between the two! I don't know what Amy's excuse is. Maybe age because in 11 days she'll be 30! Hey Amy what happened to that costume party from another country or whatever are you still having it and if so why wasn't I on the guest list? TAH !!!! \insert red0head smilie walking off in a snit then popping back in to give a quick wink)

Leah, I'm sorry about hubby's job. No matter how much he knows the truth it still has to sting a bit. But I know God has amazing plans in his back pocket that you two can't even begin to imagine. The thing about OB is that it's usually the happiest place in the hospital but when it's sad, it's the saddest.

Dee Jay the rat sounds cool. Not my choice in a pet but if I remember correctly from our questions game, Leah has or had a rat, too.

Things have been tough here and I'm not dealing with the stress well. On top of not having money for Lyd's school her car is messed up and very dangerous to drive right now. Not sure how much it will cost to fix it but we have no money at all. The stress doesn't help my illness either.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:02 pm

lauralnm wrote: Yes you did, Amy, and you gave me a couple good pointers to boot!
Oh duh, I even emailed you about it! haha. Did you get my email? I can send you a full critique if you want, but need to know if you have a newer version of Word or if I should be more creative than using their techy stuff. :P

Leah, sorry about your hubby and especially about the baby losses. So tough. Will pray that he gets the perfect job, though sounds like focusing on school for now might be a good idea.

Shann, I am having my costume party on the 25th. :clown :cop :angel2 :rockon Wish you could all come!!

Becky, um... yeah. Guess all the ones merge together after a bit.

I'd love prayer for my mom. She's been having a ton of back pain and spasms... not normal for her. She went to the chiropractor yesterday and she was way twisted weird and out of place so they had her come back today. But last night she developed a rash in the area and now the chiro thinks it might be shingles. :? They are soooo painful and hard to get rid of. Please pray it's not, and that if it is she caught it soon enough to be easier to treat. She's at the doctor now.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:32 pm

sorry for mentioning it amy & shann. didn't mean to embarrass you. I need to learn to shut up and not speak.
Dum Spiro Spero

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:43 am

Just had an earthquake here. :shock:

At first I thought the neighbors slammed their door, but then the shaking continued for 5-6 seconds. The news is saying it was a 4.4.

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:03 am

Ah, yes memories of my 3 years in So Cal with earthquakes and learning how to shut off the gas and keep food stores and water on hand. I think I have mentioned before that I experienced the Palm Springs trio of earthquakes. Though we lived in Newport Beach they still felt strong. Also learned we lived on the Long Beach/Newport Beach fault line. Fun times?

Amy, how is your Mom? Shann, any word from the Financial Aid dept? Nice to see all you folks from the past showing up, here. :thumbs
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

lauralnm
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by lauralnm » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:05 am

Seema, where do you live?

Amy, if you sent me an email, I didn't get it. I would love a more thorough review, BUT I know how busy you are and for that reason, I will say this... I do know one of my main weaknesses and that is telling my story instead of being more descriptive. I know better, yet I fail every time. I know it will take time. Anyway, I am so humbled that you would consider reviewing it more thoroughly but I wouldn't feel right in allowing you to do so. But a BIG :thankssign to you, Amy.

BTW, Amy, I am praying that your mother does NOT have Shingles. I had a terrible case of Shingles almost seven years ago; one of the worst cases the doctor had ever seen, he said. I wouldn't wish them on anyone. And you're right... extremely painful So prayer is on its way up for your mother.

blessings, laura

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:28 am

Sparrow wrote:Shann, I am having my costume party on the 25th. :clown :cop :angel2 :rockon Wish you could all come!!
I wish I could too, I would fit right in with me normal off work clothes. But, I was told I dont get a vacation this year. :roll:

Praying for Mom.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:39 am

I,too, felt the quake here in Southern California. Woke me up! I'm not too far from the fault line.

Amy, I really feel for you mom. I've known many folks with shingles and they're miserable.

I was 20 when I had chicken pox so wonder if that will affect the chances of shingles? I'm hearing I need to be older than 60 to get the vaccine so don't yet qualify.
Barb Culler

lauralnm
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Post by lauralnm » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:01 am

I was 20 when I had chicken pox so wonder if that will affect the chances of shingles? I'm hearing I need to be older than 60 to get the vaccine so don't yet qualify. Barb Culler

When you do qualify, Barb, do get the vaccine. The chicken pox, I am told, lies dormant in your system and at some point can come out as Shingles. I also have been told that stress is a contributing factor in getting Shingles. blessings... laura

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:29 am

I think it's funny that children get the chicken pox vaccine now but did you know that the vaccine is only 50% chance it will work? I've heard of a lot of kids getting the vaccine but still getting chicken pox.
Dum Spiro Spero

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Just had another quake. :o This one was 4.5. The epicenter for both are about 5 miles away.

I was listening to the "Where I Belong" by Building 429 and one of the lines is "When the earth shakes, I want to be found in you."
Last edited by srashmi on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

tRe: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:37 pm

srashmi wrote:Just had another quake. :o This one was 4.5. The epicenter for both are about 5 miles away.

I was listening to the "Where I Belong" by Building 429 and one of the lines is "When the earth shakes, I want to be found in you."
Seema, how appropriarte!

I had the chicken pox at 6 months. I don't know how old my brother was, when he had them, but during Vietnam he got shingles in training camp and he went to Germany instead of Vietnam. We were glad for them that time./color]
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Return to “The Water Cooler”