Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by jaybird » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Kate, added you to FB.

I sure wish I could come to your party, Amy, but Mom is going to her high school reunion in Ohio. Even if she weren't going, any trip is cumbersome.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Shann, it was painfully wonderful, your piece. Well done.
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:06 pm

[quote="jaybird"]Kate, added you to FB.

Hot diggity, Jay, that is great. :D :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :book2
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

srashmi
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by srashmi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:58 am

Kara, congrats on your challenge win! Third place in intermediate! :superhappy :clap :thumbs

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:09 am

CONGRATULATIONS ON PLACING THIRD IN THE CHALLENGE KARA
Culinary Perfection
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:11 am

:party :party :clap :clap :clap :superhappy :superhappy
srashmi wrote:Kara, congrats on your challenge win! Third place in intermediate!

:superhappy :clap :thumbs
Well done Kara!
Blessings, Kathleen

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Too bad Shelly hasn't been around in a while, (wonder if she is watching....) I am in Coos Bay for the day. After work last night I NEEDED a break from Bandon. My partner was almost half an hour late and though the load was small I still feel I did more than my share of it. Kicked it out by 3AM and just left.

Lucky for me I have an understanding with the manager. In the slower winter months I do my job and go. I may not get all the hours I do in the summer, but I make enough still to pay the bills, Plus... so no biggy for me.

My work partner might not like me going early, but oh well. I think it gets him more that I don't need the hours, and he might just have to do a little more work, but my manager is cool with it. It keeps his over all work hours low in the slow time.

Anyway, all that to say I am taking the day.. and night.. to get out of town. So... Shelly, if you is whatchin', how about lunch tomorrow, or maybe just a coffee and quick visit?
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Speaking of work I have to work all next week and last time I worked all week I was in so much pain by the end of it I was in tears.

So if you guys wouldn't mind praying for strength, I guess.. and for anxiety too. I'll be working with the bosses daughter and i've never worked with her before so that makes me nervous.

I might have to work tomorrow too but thats up in the air.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Dear Jesus,
Please bless Becky with strength and good health as she prepares to work next week. Allow this to be a time of joy and not pain for her. Thank you for all of those wonderful kids whom she will touch with her gentle heart. Amen
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 pm

So have you all heard the news that Scott has sold the site to Mike and Bea Edwards? I nearly fell off my chair when I read it in the newsletter. In fact, I almost missed the newsletter completely and am surprised it didn't go into my spam folder. I can't help but wonder how this will impact the site. It sounds like they want to make some big changes.. What do you all think?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:20 pm

Shann, I just read the Newsletter. I am hopeful. Since I do not know Scott or the new owners it is not a personal loss for me but oh, how I understand the fear that change brings. I do like couple led ministries, so that is a plus for me. I am sure they will need our prayer support, especially during this initial adjustment period.

Now on to 'Predicament.'

Pup, have fun in CB. I hope you catch up with Shelley.

Becky, praying for an amazing week.
Blessings, Kathleen

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:42 am

Becky, I know how that pain is after working for a long time. Hugs and prayers. And hope things go well with the owner's daughter, too. Just be yourself and she'll love you. :)

Kara, congrats!

Pup, glad you're getting a break. Sounds like it's needed. Hope it does work out for you to meet up with Shelley.

I'm not quite sure what to think about the new ownership. I have worked closely with Scott since I've been the conference coordinator, so I'm a little shocked. But honestly Scott doesn't do that much with the day to day parts of FW, so I'm not sure what all will change.

The new owners say they want more of a focus on Evangelism. I hope they understand the power fiction has and don't try to minimize it. I wonder if they'll change the challenge rule to make everything have to have a Christian message. I sometimes write things that aren't specifically about faith.

Anyway, I'm hopeful that it'll be good changes. Will be interesting to see what happens. (I wonder if they are reading this? :shock: :welcome If so, Hi Edwards! )
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:23 pm

I didn't know who the owner of FW.com was. :roll:
I just read the newsletter.

Kara, congrats!

Pup, I hope you had a nice and relaxing time in Coos Bay.

I thought I hit a snag after doing novel research on the subject of the catering biz, but maybe it'll be ok.

Becky, I pray your work went/is smoothly.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:07 pm

I didn't have to work today.

One of the women who work there lost her grandmother yesterday. I'm filling in all next week because the owner isn't going to be there but we're going to be short handed on Monday and Tuesday anyway because the girl who lost her grandmother has to leave early for the viewing and funeral. Monday isn't going to be too bad though cause she doesn't leave until 4, so we'd only have an hour left of work after that. But on Tuesday she has to leave at 11 so we'll be short handed for most of the day.

Not only that but one of the other workers found out that her brother-in-law died and his funeral is the same day as the other girls grandmothers, but she isn't being allowed to leave for his funeral because we'll already be short handed.
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Well, no Shelley. And I didn't get as much time in the hot-tub as I would have liked... after me shopping, I only got 3 hours... :wink: (I looooove a good hot soak.) It was relaxing though, and I got to watch a few NCSI and CSI's that I haven't seen already. I guess that is all that I got out of it. Not much real sleep but I still have tonight off, so...

Have you all been watching the new on the tornadoes back East. MANNNNN they are starting early. Normally they don't get the warm airs needed for tornadoes 'til late Spring early Summer, but with the overly warm winter they been having... makes it rough on folks living in that area. Damage, injuries, and lose of life. And it is just STARTING. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Return to “The Water Cooler”