Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:10 am

Shann wrote:
Kalnozoli Kate wrote::thankssign :thankssign :thankssign

Kara and Shann. Well done Shann on the language. I hope your 'pigs fly' too. Just kidding. :rolling :rolling :rolling :shiney2
It doesn't say that Does it??????? :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling

ja cūkas lidot
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Made me laugh out loud. Great, Shann.

Kara, yes. Our goats were fun. Our nanny came with the name, Grieta, but we always called her nanny and him, billy. Also original. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:30 am

Haha, I call my cat Baby, though that isn't her official name. It's not very creative, either.

Kara, your day sounds fun, except for the shin pain. Funny about the flip-flops though a bummer to forget the tennis shoes. Cool to look back and see progress, isn't it?

Kate, too bad you're still sick on your b-day. :(

I finally figured out that the problem with the sound on my webcam was actually just that YouTube wouldn't show sound on the preview. So the actual recording did have sound. Here's my video of me signing "Give Me Your Eyes."

Tonight Sis and I went over to our oldest sister's house for dinner and then games with the nieces, and then the three of us chatted for a long time.

And I haven't been able to say it on the world wide web, but my parents have been in Europe for the last three weeks! I thought they were coming home tomorrow night but when we got home, I glanced at the calendar and realized I was a day off and their flight was landing right then! LOL

Though it was kinda nice to have a quieter house for a while, it's nice to have them back home. They had a good time. They went to Rome for a few days and then went on a cruise that went to Israel and Greece and I forget where else... and then they had a few more days in Rome at the end. Of course there was snow when there never is. One of their hotels had to close because it was on a hill. And in Israel it rarely rains (much? or that time of year... or something?) and it poured the second day they were there. Guess it followed them. :P
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

srashmi
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by srashmi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:39 am

Happy birthday Barbie! :birthday :party :hugs3

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:29 am

Sparrow wrote:We'll dress up in native clothes from other countries or other time periods.
Hummm.. Then I could dress as my normal "Off-Work" self and fit in fine. :lol:

Can I wear the sword and flint-locks too. They look sooooo cool with the belt. :wink:

Look at all the birthdays I missed, I haven't been off line that long have I. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:56 pm

happy birthday my dear sweet Barbie :party :party :party :shiney2 :shiney2 :shiney2 :shiney2 :star2 :star2 :birthday :birthday :birthday :party :party :party :rockon :music2 :music2 :hugkiss
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:55 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Sparrow wrote:We'll dress up in native clothes from other countries or other time periods.
Hummm.. Then I could dress as my normal "Off-Work" self and fit in fine. :lol:

Can I wear the sword and flint-locks too. They look sooooo cool with the belt. :wink:

Look at all the birthdays I missed, I haven't been off line that long have I. :roll:
Puppy...who's that? :tongue We missed you, Pup!

How about, I dress up, take my pic, and Amy could print me and tape me to the wall, then I'll be at her bday costume party. Maybe I'll be a Musketeer.

Looks like Shann & Amy are ganging up on me via the Scrabble board.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:19 pm

They do that for the writer's conference, I forget how many "Flat-People" were there last year. I thought about it meself, as I wasn't able to make it, but not until afterwards when I saw the pics. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:41 am

OK, okay the body of encouragement entry is done, just the finishing whammmoooo and editing to do and I am still alive, mostly.
Yes, Barb, Happiest as I did on FB.
Word games, I am barely keeping up on Lexulous and Words With Friends. Jay I think we need to be friends on FB, your full name again, please?
Who else am I missing?

It is a sad day, we have completed the seven series of All Creatures Great and Small, but no fear we will just start over again, from the beginning. Off to complete emails, FB and on to breakfast then writing, writing, writing. Amy you should get the copy for edit early not late, I hope. :bow
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:15 am

Thanks for the birthday greeting! Lots of b-day greetings from Facebook friends but it was just another day at work.
Barb Culler

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:01 am

Happy birthday, Barb! We sure have a ton of birthdays all right in a row on here.

Jay, we could have a flat version of you but would be more fun to have the real one. You could even get one of those wicker wheel chairs from way back. :lol: A Musketeer would be pretty cool. Almost would match Pup's outfit.

Kate, I will be sleeping half the day tomorrow, hopefully, but will be able to get to your edit the second half of the day.

My shoulder is finally getting better! Still sore, but not so bad now.

I went to critique group tonight. Brought three short crucial scenes and everyone said they worked well and were strong. Just had some sentences here and there that needed fixing. But it's those kinds of little things that make or break a book. I hope between all the people looking at it that we catch them all.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 am

How cool Amy! It sounds exactly like the one my parents did a few months ago.. I guess they have a lot that do that route, but it would be cool if it was the same one. I think they did Celebrity...not sure though. Anyhow sounds amazing, hope they had a great time, in spite of the rain.

Pup, I first read it as "fat-people" but then my brain caught up and pulled in the "l". I was gonna say, I know you pick on people...but thats going too far :mrgreen:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:48 am

Okay, Amy, it won't be the end of the world if you can't.

Pup, picks on people, fat people? No way, Jose. Good one, Kara. Encouraging that I am not the only one who misses things. Sometimes even people, days or decades. I have removed the 70's completely due to deaths, divorce and worldwide destruction.

I may have to rethink the removal of events after having lived in a country where it was done regularly in the past. Produces all kinds of trauma. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :shock:
Blessings, Kathleen

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:32 am

tonguethaid wrote:Pup, I first read it as "fat-people" but then my brain caught up and pulled in the "l". I was gonna say, I know you pick on people...but thats going too far :mrgreen:
Hey now... I don't pick on people. Well, not much. Re-Becky Kiddo don't count. Nor that Terrorising Spunky one. Or Bubbles, or Shann, or ummm.. Okay, maybe I do kid around... a little bit. :tongue

JesusPuppy Profile

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:47 am

The piece is done, well until Amy gets a hold of it, :wink: :!:
Hopefully, at the moment, she is sleeping. It is 6 am PST.
Blessings, Kathleen

Shann

Post by Shann » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Kara did you enter this week? And was my comment encouraging if so? I've read them all but some in Masters. I was lax this week because since Monday night I have read 2 Lee Child novels, and started my third. Then I have 4 James Patterson and 4 Patricia Cornwell's and the due date on them is March 15. So I didn't read every single entry but will before tomorrow. This is mine if anyone cares
No One Cares
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to “The Water Cooler”