Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Rebecky » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Amy and I were playing a Words with Friends game on fb a while ago and she was beating me and then I suddenly got a 50- something point word or something like that and ended up beating her. :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Shann wrote:
jaybird wrote:Shann, everyone, we got lots of snow today! Kitty CPAP..I'm sure the cat will love that!

Bird is trying to beat me at Scrabble. Still early...just don't set me up with those triple word scores.
I was ahead for like 80% of our game but then Amy beat me in the end. Are we friends on FB Jay? I'm looking for more people to play scrabble with.
I friended you on FB, Shann, you'll see my invite. :coolsign
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Happy birthday, Kate! :birthday :party

Did you do anything special today?

And yes, Scrabble/word games can change any time.

Hey, speaking of birthdays, I'm having a big party for my 30th this August. You should all come. :mrgreen: I'm having a costume party. We'll dress up in native clothes from other countries or other time periods. I've been wanting to do that kind of party for a long time but have never gotten it planned, so I figure saving it for my 30th is perfect anyway.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:58 pm

Thank you all so much for the sweet birthday wishes. I have been so busy this weekend, like non-stop, I was only able to get online a few moments at a time and only on my cell phone!

It was really good though, starting the day my sister and I went to a fundraiser race- for aid in Burma. Its a 5k race, which my friend and I had been training for. However we were almost there and I realized I had forgotten my running shoes. Since I was planning on being out all day I grabbed my clothes and my flip-flops planning on putting my shoes on in the car, but then forgot them altogether! Lucky for me however, in this race they actually have a flip-flop division. The idea being that in Burma hundreds of villagers have no choice but to run and often in the cheap rubber flipflops.

I didn't really get to run much of the way- its super hard in flipflops and my shins have been in bad shape, they may be splinting. But it worked out alright. Loads of people go to just walk and there's children and mom's pushing strollers.

Anyhow it was a nice way to start the day. Then I meant my husband and kiddo for breakfast, went shopping with my sis, then my friends had a little party for me where we did some crafts that we found on Pinterest. And then I had a really nice dinner out with my husband. It definitely wasn't a day to count calories, but it was really great!

I just have to say that over the last year I have really changed. A year ago you could not have paid me to get up and go walk a 5k, let alone willing to choose to go do it, let alone on my birthday! You guys have been a part of that for me- a huge encouragement (hehe). But for reals, when I was at my worse you all helped me through that. Its exciting to be able to look back and to see change and growth.

[/endspeech] :wink:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:59 pm

:party :birthday :shiney2 Happy Birthday Kit-Kat!! :shiney2 :birthday :party :party
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:15 am

Happy birthday Kate! :party :birthday :grouphug2

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:28 am

I would play with you Shann, but alas and alack, I can not. I am a 'foreigner. At the moment I am barely making it through my Lexulous games and Words With Friends Games. I am feeling a bit better this morning but must be very careful not to do too much 'cause it sends me in a spin every time. As my Swedish friend says, it could be that European 'pig flu.' He is a treasure, our Kalle.
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:57 am

Kate, I got that message too but then it went away and let me play anyhow. Glad you're on the mend, bummer to be sick over your special day.
♥Kara

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:13 pm

]Happy birthday to you! Daudz laimes dzimšanas dienā, lai jums Happy birthday dear Kate.Daudz laimes dzimšanas dienā, lai jums :superhappy :superhappy :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :shiney2 :star2 :shiney2 :star2
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:19 pm

:thankssign :thankssign :thankssign

Kara and Shann. Well done Shann on the language. I hope your 'pigs fly' too. Just kidding. :rolling :rolling :rolling :shiney2
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:59 pm

To Kate

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Jay, too cute, thank you.

Today, we said good bye to our goat family, hurraaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Now that we have 14 sheep we had no room for goats. No worries, they went to a good home. I had an email from our friend, Santa, to whose home they went. The mom and daughter goat entered like queens she said. They then lowered their horns to show they meant business and proceeded to butt any who came close. When it was feeding time they made certain they were first to eat and all the others obeyed, even Grieta the head of Santa's goat herd. No humility or politeness with goats, no manners either, I guess. Hmmm, the difference between sheep and goats?

Blessings, Kathleen

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Interesting: flip-flop marathon.

Kate, glad your goats found a good home.

I finished my "H" meme and attempted a new song, a wedding song for my sis.

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:19 pm

Kalnozoli Kate wrote::thankssign :thankssign :thankssign

Kara and Shann. Well done Shann on the language. I hope your 'pigs fly' too. Just kidding. :rolling :rolling :rolling :shiney2
It doesn't say that Does it??????? :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling

ja cūkas lidot
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:10 am

Kat thats hilarious! Love the pic Shann.

On facebook Bing now has it so it will translate a status thats in a different language. However I haven't had much luck with that, it always ends up not making any sense or not being at all what is written. Google translate also has its moments :lol:

Goats are so funny. We used to have them growing up. They were a lot of fun...also kind of a pain. We started with one who followed our dog everywhere and even tried to bark like a dog. It was pretty cute. We were also really clever with its name: Goaty.
♥Kara

Return to “The Water Cooler”