Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:11 am

Rebecky wrote:Pup! You make me laugh :lol:
Must be the way I look. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Yeah, Kara, the doc said I'm healing nicely. I'm not thrilled about of taking antibiotics though because they usually constipates me.

I'm so glad Jess got in touch with you, Amy! She sounds like a sweet lady.

Tomorrow is my sis's PRE-wedding party. We're having pizza, but I'm just eating the yummy bread sticks. Her actual ceremony is in June.

I'm sitting in a fog today, need to snap out of it.

Listening to "The Tale of Two Cities" - Dickens paints a pretty picture with words.

Hi Shann, Becky, Pup, Kate, Holly, Tiara!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:14 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KARA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! BE SUPER GLAD YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO ACTUALLY LISTEN TO ME SING IT! :party :party :party :birthday :birthday :birthday :party :party :party :shiney2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :shiney2
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:48 am

A most blessed birthday Kara. :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :party :party

I hope it is very special.

I am currently playing nursemaid to a poorly lamb. He is a twin that was born yesterday and may have been a bit s mushed in the pen by older lambs. Ian has taken Lass off for her vet visit and shots. It has snowed most of the morning, so far. I am improving in health, I think but still taking it slow.

Jay, hope you perked up a bit. Blessings on all you lovely, crazy people./color]
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:32 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KARA!!!
Are you doing anything special today? Or was that yesterday? I forget what the time difference is.

Becky, we used to get thousands of birds at a time at our country house. Sometimes starlings and sometimes thousands of Canada Geese would fly overhead. Those were cool. And I was using the YouTube software to try to record the video.

Kate, glad you're finally feeling a little better. Hope you continue to improve and that the lamb gets better. Becky texted me a bit ago and said she has a pretty nasty flu now, too.

So I decided to just stay in bed all day. I dozed until 5 PM. :shock: I'm hoping that means I'll be up to doing some writing tomorrow rather than just meaning that I won't sleep tonight....

My cat cuddled with me but she snores. And if I don't move for a while then she worries that maybe I died and sticks her nose in my face. If I still don't move then she starts slapping me and poking me with her paw. :roll: :lol:

Jay, I loved A Tale of Two Cities. My family listened to it on tape together when I was a teen. Was nice cuz we could stop and talk about the confusing parts or interesting parts. Not sure if Dickens meant it that way, but that story is a wonderful allegory.

My shoulder is killing me again tonight. I'm wondering again if I pulled or ripped something since it's been hurting for two weeks now. It gets worse every evening... wonder why? Trying to decide whether to go to the chiropractor again or see a regular doctor. Chiropractor gets expensive, but depending on what the problem is they might be more effective than regular dr.....
Last edited by Sparrow on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 am

Oh, I found out that the national interpreting certification test has been revamped and now it's only an hour instead of three hours. I was worried about having enough stamina for a three-hour test so I'm thankful about that, though now that one hour will have to be stellar.

I keep putting off sending in all the info I need to in order to get registered, so I'm working on that this week. I know there are a lot of us who only have our AA degrees so we're rushing to take it before the law changes in June saying you need a BA. I hope all the test slots haven't filled up already. I'm having my disability counselor from college write me a letter asking for a few accommodations. I'm guessing they'll let me sit down and have my back support pillow during the test, but I figure better be safe than sorry. For the written test they wouldn't let me take my pillow or water in.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 pm

I dont know if i have the flu or just a bug. Didny really sleep last night. Have a killer headache now.
Dum Spiro Spero

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Happy birthday Kara! :birthday :party :grouphug

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:32 pm

It's Kara's bday! A blessed one to you!

Shann

Post by Shann » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Hey all. A mild blizzard hit the East Coast today. It's snowy and blowing like crazy. I hope Becky got some of the snow she was longing for. The wind is so bad here, there have been white-outs and a mess.

Amy, if your cat snores I wonder if she has sleep apnea. They probably make little kitty CPAP machines!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Shann, everyone, we got lots of snow today! Kitty CPAP..I'm sure the cat will love that!

Bird is trying to beat me at Scrabble. Still early...just don't set me up with those triple word scores.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:41 pm

No snow. Just wind.

Have been in bed all day and have had a terrible headache :(
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Kitty CPAP is probably only about a million dollars. And how would you keep it on her? But I think just a Breath Right strip would do the trick.

Becky, sorry about your headache. :( Sometimes some hot chocolate helps mine.
jaybird wrote:Bird is trying to beat me at Scrabble. Still early...just don't set me up with those triple word scores.
You seem to reach the TWs no matter where I do or don't play. :P One of these days I'll beat you. Isn't it funny how I can play all kinds of 30-point words when I play with other people but with you I can only play 10 or 15 pointers?

Next weekend I'm going to a concert with Holly and our Deaf friend but no one will answer me about whether or not there will be an interpreter. They should have hired me. :P
Amy Michelle Wiley

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:43 am

One might think your friends meant that as a given, Little Bird. :roll:

...but without pay. :lol:

You could always offer it as a job to the director when you get there. Go to a concert AND get paid for it, sounds good to me. :lol:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Post by Shann » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:49 pm

jaybird wrote:Shann, everyone, we got lots of snow today! Kitty CPAP..I'm sure the cat will love that!

Bird is trying to beat me at Scrabble. Still early...just don't set me up with those triple word scores.
I was ahead for like 80% of our game but then Amy beat me in the end. Are we friends on FB Jay? I'm looking for more people to play scrabble with.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”