Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:48 am

[quote="AnneRene'"]

Kitkat....man...you really got nailed with whatever you've been fighting, but glad to hear that you're beginning the uphill climb to recovery. I didn't even want to try a story of experiment....had nothing! Will be interesting to see what other's come up with.

Adios for today Amigos and Amigas.[/color]

Springtime is just around the corner!Image

/quote] These Wisteria blooms remind me of a pub in England I visited a few times for lunch. They had grape vines intertwined through them.
THANK YOU, OH THANK YOU FOR THESE PICTURES. They cheered me up so much I might even be well enough to celebrate on Sunday.

:)
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:51 am

CONGRATULATIONS KATE1 HAPPY DANCE ON YOUR HC! :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :thumbs :thumbs :bow :bow :party :party :party :party

THE COLD DARKNESS
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Kate so sorry you are sick. Dear Jesus, Please wrap your healing arms around my friend. Soothe her aches and fever with your gentle hands. Keep her diabetes in check while this storm on her body is brewing. Thank you for the promise of Spring and fresh days to come. Thank you for a loving husband and medical knowledge to lessen the severity of disease and sickness. Thank you as we enter into lent for your love and commitment to us. Remind us to empty our hearts of the worldly things so we can fill them up with your love and forgiveness. In your precious name. Amen

Becky the challenge is back to weekly. You are still encouraged to have someone or a group proof and edit before you submit so everyone has the chance to submit the best work possible. Usually winter doesn't bother me and though I don't enjoy it as much as you, I don't usually look forward to Spring as much as most do.

However this past year, I was able to garden and walked 2-3 miles a day, went out in the car several times a week so I am looking forward to getting back into those things. Since I lost 60 pounds in 3 months, I've just hovered there give or take a few pounds and I'm hoping I might be able to lose another 60 once the weather is nice in time for M's wedding in October. I'd like to lose at least 80 but probably 30 is the most reasonable but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 50.

I can attest Amy is a flake! :mrgreen: She even tried to kill my husband last night :oops: The horror of it all! :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Love ya! <3
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Rebecky » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:37 pm

Shann wrote: I can attest Amy is a flake! :mrgreen: She even tried to kill my husband last night :oops: The horror of it all! :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Love ya! <3
WHAAA?! :redface2
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:50 pm

What the Kiddo said. :shock:

Little bird may be a bit goofy now and then but a flake?????? and a murderer to boot??? Never. So.. in Re-Becky's words.. Whaaa? :roll:

Glad to hear you are some better KitKat. But you know, Bubbles, I never have figuered that "uphill climb" to recovery a good thing. Always thought a good roll down a hill is much more fun than trudging up one... and a little faster too. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Rebecky wrote:
Shann wrote: I can attest Amy is a flake! :mrgreen: She even tried to kill my husband last night :oops: The horror of it all! :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Love ya! <3
WHAAA?! :redface2
What's the world coming to - "When Sparrows Attack!"

As it turned out, the suture didn't hurt when the doc pulled it out.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:20 pm

I apologize I thought Amy called herself a flake but she used the term a bit out of it. So I am confirming that. I had quite a bit of fun with her. Now she didn't try to murder my husband just kill him then she asked for his advice to get her webcam to work! I'd try to explain it all but it was a goofy joke that didn't make much sense to Amy. She was picking on me a bit about my "superstitions" and I teased her that the last time I answered a where will you be in x years, my mom died 8 days later so I don't answer them anymore. Somehow that lead to her killing Chris. It was late and we were both goofy. Amy is as sweet as ever.

But seriously Jay -- When Sparrows Attack?????? :bow :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling :rolling
Shann

Shann's Profile

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Kalnozoli Kate wrote:No 'Experiment' for me. My story got wiped out when I went down with a virus and I am slowly recovering.
Do you mean a computer virus or an 'I'm sick' virus? Both are rather unfortunate, I have to admit to being a little confused on how your story would have been affected from you being sick...but it honestly doesn't take much to confuse me so...

Holly I wish you could get to the top. I am sure you could with climbing gear, but I think its usually left alone. There's a beach from about where the picture is taken.

Jay, glad to hear the suture didn't give you any more discomfort. Is all healing ok now?

I've always suspected Amy of a dark side... :lol:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:31 pm

I put in an entry this week. Its been so long! Usually I talk myself out of submitting and writing, it feels good to overcome that a little. Of course a part of me is still hoping none of you actually read it! :roll:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:52 am

Which one is it, just so I don't read by accident mind you. not like "I" would collect the link and send it to all my friends. :wink:

Jay, what a great title!!!

"BIRDS IV: When Sparrows Attack"

Opening scene; Man walking his little dog through a park, a "little" bird swoops down, man laughs waving it off. Then another swoops down. Flash to scene of the sky growing dark with cloud of birds. Back to man running through the park dragging his little dog, waving over his head. Final scene.. little dog hiding under a park bench, a sparrow perched above him.. "Tweet tweet." Frightened dog scoots away under the bench.

:sorry Bird.

:heehee
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 am

Congrats Kate and Shann for placing in the challenge :!: :!: :thumbs :superhappy :clap

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:06 am

Wow, I go to work and come back to being accused of manslaughter. :shock: :lol: And I've always heard being called a flake referring to someone who was unreliable, which doesn't apply to me (most of the time) but SisJ looked it up and it can mean someone who is irrational, which would describe me when I'm "out of it." :P

Becky, if you're such a computer geek now, maybe you can figure out why my new webcam won't record sound. I tried to record myself signing a song for the G blog post but it's not picking up audio. I can't find anywhere on my computer that seems to be muted.

My shoulder is still bugging me but it's a lot better. I had a massage today that I hope will help, though my shoulder kept cramping as soon as she moved to another place. :roll: My friend from church just graduated from massage school and got her license this week and office set up. I was her first official paying client. :)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:31 am

Thanks for the congrats. :D I couldn't believe it. Not certain what highly commended means but still encouraging.
I am still sick, I have the virus not my computer. I am still sharing at both ends, sorry if that is too much information. Shann, thank you so, so, much for your prayers. When my body flakes my brain joins the parade. Maybe I can get something in for next week.
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:49 am

I got to talk to Jess tonight on the phone!!! :superhappy She moved out of ICU today and is in a regular room now. She still might lose some toes (or possibly even more) but otherwise things are improving a lot.

I'd slacked off keeping in touch lately with everything going on, and I guess she's been trying to text me but they weren't coming through so she was all worried about me. I feel bad. Sweet to know that even with all she's going through, she's still thinking about and worried for me. Was so good to finally get to talk with her in person.

Kate, so sorry you're feeling rotten again/still. Sounds like you need some phenergen and IV fluids. Highly Commended means 4th and 5th place in that level. Great job! :)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:15 am

Pup! You make me laugh :lol:

Amy, are you trying to do your vlog or whatever it is through a program or online straight to your blog? Nine times out of then you can right click on the video part and go to adobe flash player and you might have to "Allow" video and audio. Maybe next time you come on messenger I can try to help you.

Alright so speaking of birds. There was a summer day last year I woke up and heard nothing but birds chirping and squawking. I mean it had to be hundreds of birds. I ran out of my room yelling, "ANGRY BIRDS!!!!!!!!!" and mom busted up and said that her and dad were talking that it reminded them of the movie, When Birds Attack. :wink:
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”