Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:03 am

JT great to hear your update. My daughter is an awesome hairdresser in Portland. She is at the Ginger Salon in NE Portland, Irvington. Her name is Colleen Lambe Mitchell. She works wonders and really listens to what people want. Of course by now you have already had your 'appointment.'
I am bummed, my piece has a typo, I think. I worked so hard on revising and thought I had proof read it all but because I just paid for my membership the submission was not straight forward and I thought I was submitting the totally proofread article but it wasn't. So no placing for me this time, for certain. I will never get out of the beginner group. But God is in control even of typos. :roll: :wink: :coolsign
Shann so great about Phin we are just trying to get potty issues sorted with our 10 week old. Hard to do in the cold winter.
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:12 am

Kalnozoli Kate wrote:JT great to hear your update. My daughter is an awesome hairdresser in Portland. She is at the Ginger Salon in NE Portland, Irvington. Her name is Colleen Lambe Mitchell. She works wonders and really listens to what people want. Of course by now you have already had your 'appointment.'
I am bummed, my piece has a typo, I think. I worked so hard on revising and thought I had proof read it all but because I just paid for my membership the submission was not straight forward and I thought I was submitting the totally proofread article but it wasn't. So no placing for me this time, for certain. I will never get out of the beginner group. But God is in control even of typos. :roll: :wink: :coolsign
Shann so great about Phin we are just trying to get potty issues sorted with our 10 week old. Hard to do in the cold winter.[/i]

I'd say...like IMPOSSIBLE....made me lol at picturing you trying to convince the little guy that it was a good thing to go outside, while all the way he was thinkin' ..... r....u....crazy? :rolling If it were me....I'd be afraid that the stream would freeze before I finished my duty.

Jazzy-tazzy-terror....hope you like your hair.....post a picture....ok?

Amykins...think you are wise to have turned down another job. Although, saturday will be busy with your friend's grandma's service....glad you will be there for her. Hope your shoulder pain ends soon and doesn't linger. Are you using heat or icy-hot or aspercreme during the day when you are working? If not....you should try it.

Stellar....thanks for the scriptures....always right on!

Karakins....love your idiot moments because me's shares them with you. I haaaaaaaate being ahead 'cuz then my week really draaaaaaaaags.

Beakers....why the :redface2 ...did I miss something?

Thinking 'bout ewes, Barb, Seemakins, Timmy-Tot, Fred and Boo.

And Puppers....hi-ya!

Oh....and yep....AnneRene' is me (Holly)....Jazzy-Tazzy! :)

Oh...and one more thingy....LOVED your moment with the dinner episode, Shannikins. :heehee

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 am

Notice she replied to me first. :mrgreen:
JoyAnn wrote:I am good! What about you Puppers?
Pain and... ummm.. old age. But on a good note, I don't think I have gotten any Funner Looking. :wink:

Well I have survived another year's curse. Sorry I haven't been on much, just old memories haunting me still. THEY say, one day I will be able to look back and laugh, but so far.... THEY are wrong. Maybe in heaven when all the pain is removed.
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 am

Hmm... so I'm having a weird reaction a band aid on my hand. Normally we buy the non-fabric type of band aids the ones that are almost more plastic like and I think they might even but latex free. Anyway the kind we have now are the fabric ones with latex and I'm noticing that where the sticky parts are it raises my skin up when I take it off but the ones we usually get don't do that. Strange? I can't figure it out unless its a mild reaction to the latex. :redface2 Any thoughts? Nurse Mommy Shann? :lol: :mrgreen:

My grandpa had a fall the other day. He hit his head and now him and my grandmother thinks he might of broken bones but they won't go to the doctor or hospital. Stubborn old man! (I love him)

I'm working all day tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some good sleep tonight.
Dum Spiro Spero

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:01 am

Shann, congrats on your challenge win :!: :clap :superhappy :thumbs

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Yes, I get confused sometimes between AnneRene' & Holly. I'll put that in my data bank, she's the same person.

I gotta check out Shann's challenge win - congrats to Mother Swan!

Beakers, I guess don't use latex band aides.

Amy, I pray for your friend who's grandma passed.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:42 am

Mother Swan... I like that. OOoo and don't forget, Holly is also Bubbles. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:00 am

Little Bird, sorry to hear about your shoulder, it wouldn't have been the right one would it??? Maybe it was sympathy pains for mine. It has been hurting like that for a week now. :roll:
Rebecky wrote:Well I certainly cannot believe for one moment that a God who claims to care and love us could let innocent babies go to hell.

Something's we will never know.
It is of God's mercy and grace alone that can save, not man's ideas of judgment. (look at the goats and sheep thing) Many in that time of judgment will go before the Lord... (Christian as well, those who came to know the Lord and did great things in His name...) but will be found lacking in that grace as they are found by GOD to have done those things for their own pride and glory of a name, and not God's name. And at the same time there will be those who did NOT do the works for the sake of God but just to do them of kindness.. those the Lord accepted. The Lord shall save whom He shall save, by HIS grace and Mercy.

Yes, an innocent child would seem just that to man, but look at Hitler, he was a baby once.

Only the Father knows the heart of all people, be they good or evil, and only He has the righteousness to judge correctly. We are accountable only for ourselves, our parents can't be accountable for us, nor can we be made so for our parents sake.

I am more than sure that our loving Lord would take the true innocence of a child into account, but He alone can say who is or is not innocent. Did they have the knowledge of God's existence.? did their parents know and willingly turn away.?

I am pretty sure there were a lot of infants and children in the time of Noah... but only Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. Who are we to say.

JesusPuppy Profile

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:33 am

Rebecky wrote:Hmm... so I'm having a weird reaction a band aid on my hand. Normally we buy the non-fabric type of band aids the ones that are almost more plastic like and I think they might even but latex free. Anyway the kind we have now are the fabric ones with latex and I'm noticing that where the sticky parts are it raises my skin up when I take it off but the ones we usually get don't do that. Strange? I can't figure it out unless its a mild reaction to the latex. :redface2 Any thoughts? Nurse Mommy Shann? :lol: :mrgreen:
I'm allergic to the adhesive on all bandages except the Johnson-Johnson Band-Aid brand. My skin gets red, itchy, and raised like that, too. Latex doesn't bother me, but whatever makes things sticky does.

So turns out my friend's grandma's service is an hour drive away, so I don't think I can go. :cry: Turns out one of the other terps is sick so I'll have to terp on Sunday and Friday night we're having the ASL game night. So Saturday will be my only day off and I don't think I can drive an hour both ways and sit through a service and still make it through the week. :? Honestly I barely made it through this week and I'm a bit nervous about next week anyway.

I had trouble staying awake driving home today and then tried to take a nap but when my muscles get worn out then I get these weird like full-body muscle jerks. So every time I started to fall asleep I'd jerk and wake myself up and freak the cat out. :roll: Finally dosed a little.

My friend Holly came over tonight and had pizza with us and then we watched Person of Interest and The Mentalist while she used our internet (her pc broke).

Tiara, you have been busy!

So did I tell you about the ASL game night we're having tomorrow? It's an attempt to spread the word about the church ministry with a non-religious safe event. Not sure hardly anyone is coming, though and even our regular couple can't come. Could use prayer that it would be effective and that we'd have wisdom in knowing what God wants us to do next with the ministry. It seems like He's setting something up... there are a lot of us skilled in signing there, but hardly any Deaf people.

Sooo glad it's Friday. Gonna sleep all day until the event if my pain lets me.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Praying for the coming ministry and your rest, my friend. I have said it before and do so again, if I could take your pain away, I would gladly do so. May the Lord grant you restful sleep and the strength to continue his work.

JesusPuppy Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:29 pm

Sorry, this sounds like an ad.

Maybe some of you are familiar with the goji berry. They say it has many benefits which could help with headaches, eyesight, fatigue, weightloss, constipation and people found that goji juice improved their CFS, fibromyalgia, arthritis, depression and many others. Goji has little side-effects, but to avoid it if you're on blood thinners or blood pressure drugs and to be cautious if you have pollen alergies.

Goji health stories http://www.gojihealthstories.com/storiesfibro.htm
Benefits http://www.bewellbuzz.com/superfoods/go ... -benefits/
More info
http://gojijuicegoodness.hubpages.com/hub/Goji-Juices

Do your research as to which goji juice brand works best. Mom uses the NOW brand.
http://www.squidoo.com/goji-juices
http://www.article-voip.com/Article/Res ... est-/47159
(consult your doctor before taking any herbal supplements)
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:01 pm

I didnt sleep good at all last night and worked all day today then went shopping with myy friend. Now i am EXHAUSTED. Hopefully i will sleep amazingly good tonight.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Rebecky wrote:Hmm... so I'm having a weird reaction a band aid on my hand. Normally we buy the non-fabric type of band aids the ones that are almost more plastic like and I think they might even but latex free. Anyway the kind we have now are the fabric ones with latex and I'm noticing that where the sticky parts are it raises my skin up when I take it off but the ones we usually get don't do that. Strange? I can't figure it out unless its a mild reaction to the latex. :redface2 Any thoughts? Nurse Mommy Shann? :lol: :mrgreen:

My grandpa had a fall the other day. He hit his head and now him and my grandmother thinks he might of broken bones but they won't go to the doctor or hospital. Stubborn old man! (I love him)

I'm working all day tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some good sleep tonight.
I can't help you much with that Becky. I get really bad tape burns. It's the fair skin. I sweat so much the paper type doesn't stick and the kind that sticks burns. Try to leave it open to air as much as possible and maybe wash it good with soap and water after you take it off. If it's a cut that keeps bleeding maybe you can get the medical glue that they have now, It's pretty cool, you just stick it in the cut and it glues it together while keeping water and junk out of it.

Sorry about your grandfather. Just make sure he has feeling in his area that might be broken and if the skin gets cool and pale then tell him he has to go to the doctors. But as long as he has feeling and it's warm let him be a stubborn old man. It's that y chromosome they can't help it :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks all for the congratulations. I was a bit bummed it didn't even make the top 25 but if it touches someone's heart that's all that matters. It was cool to dig out my old tattered Bible (it's falling apart so I can't use it on a daily basis)

I hope your game night goes well Amy. It sounds like it will be fun. I'm working on the next month of the church's newsletter. I can't believe it's time to do another one already. I'm having a hard time getting things out to people who are in charge3 of different committees. I can only write so much and need input from others but it isn't easy to get any.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks shann. Its not bleeding anymore but has a scab.

I forgot to mention my grandmother got into a accident she rear ended someone. My grandparents are a mess! Frankly, her license needs to be taken away.
Dum Spiro Spero

Return to “The Water Cooler”