Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Shann

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Peanut butter :D :hugs2 :grouphug
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Rebecky » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:33 pm

:shock:

Now i am hungry :lol:

You know what is yummy? Toasted eggo waffles with nutella and peanut butter. Yummmmmy!
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:07 am

Aww, bummer, Becky. God has something planned, though! Just gotta figure out what it is.

Kate, hope the car gets fixed fast and not too expensive. We don't have ice anymore here--actually has been sunny for a while until today that was cloudy. My coworker tripped on a curb, I think.

Holly, how are things going for you?

Shann, praying you feel better soon, and Becky, that you can get some sleep.

I had a little better day today though I dropped the ball on keeping up with what was happening in one of the classes and I went all the way to work only to remember that I could have stayed in bed. It didn't need two interpreters that day. My bad.

Then I met with my pastor about the Deaf Ministry. He was really affirming and said he really appreciates my leadership style and skill (I'm the point-person for the Deaf Ministry). He asked me to do some research on the deaf population and what other churches are offering and then write a proposal/vision thing for the future goals of the ministry. I'm slightly daunted, so will have to pray about what exactly God is wanting.

Also feeling extra responsibility that's both uplifting and a little scary, since he asked me to write the paper, rather that all three of us in the Deaf Ministry to do it together... so I'm feeling the significance of my role more than I have been, I guess. So far I've mostly done just schedule management stuff, so this is a bit of a shift to an actual leadership role. I'm the youngest person in the team by quite a bit (other than the teen girl I'm mentoring). I do feel like I have natural talent for coordinating things and being a servant leader, so that helps, but it still... :P
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm glad I made you hungry Becky!

Amy, I think you can do it. You are a natural leader. I'm impressed. Even though I feel overwhelmed from doing the church newsletter, I know it is a blessing and it feels good to serve God with my talents.

Now if I could just get the computer to do all those fancy things that Barb can get it to do. Hey Barb, want to come out and visit your cousin while in your spare time work your magic on my newsletter?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Check out Amy's EC! She did a great job! Happy Dance! :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :superhappy :superhappy :clap :clap :party :party :party

Whose Captives They Were
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Her's are always good. Makes me embarassed to call meself a writer sometimes. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Congrats, Amy :!: :rockon :thumbs :bow :superhappy

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Prayer request update. God is good. Taking present circumstances as an answer to the prayer for clarity. Continuing to pray that God shows me what He wants for my next steps. Thanks.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:00 am

Thanks, guys! :)

Seema, glad things are gaining clarity. Praying it continues to become clear.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:18 am

Nice work Amy! I guess I didn't realize the challenge went back to every week. I was working on one for Astonished but didn't have an ending yet. Ah well, now I know!

Becky, thats truly bizarre that you mentioned a pb and nutella sandwich as that is what I just had for breakfast. Its dangerous for me to have nutella in the house.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:19 am

Amy, well done. I had thought about doing a Mary and Martha piece on employment but stopped short of starting, ha ha . Seema I am encouraged by your progress I am in a similar situation with life at the moment. Need to understand what God''s path is for me, His direction, how I am to prepare and what is His next step. Of course it all fits together with what He has for us as a couple.
The car is back, beautiful and clean. The contact we have at the dealer drove it back to us as we had to pay $300 to have it delivered to the dealer and he didn't want us to have to pay another $300 to get it back. We were up until 1 am for the event but are so happy to have our little gem returned. Ian will go into the village today for animal food and such, oh happy day.

I also need to decide whether to join up on FW again. This fits in with the above issues on God's path. I don't know if my voice has any validity in writing, I am only an average writer, is it worth the effort? You know all the same things you all have experienced, I am certain.

Off to ponder life or my navel, not sure which is truth? :tongue :book2 :book2 :book2 :mrgreen:
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:57 am

Kit-Kat, we definitely have all been there...still am there. But I think if you feel compelled to write than your 'ability' should not get in the way. FW is a fun community to be involved in, a great place to share writings and whats on your heart. If anything it can be an awesome way to worship our creator. Obviously all that can be done without upgrading, but there is something special about the weekly challenge.

Having confidence in writing or in anything has always been a struggle for me. I feel like lately God has really been pressing upon me that if our hearts and minds are set on Christ and our focus on abiding with him than it doesnt matter what we do, how we do it or how 'good' it is. Christ will use us, as he has promised, despite our own shortcomings.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:57 am

Thank you Kara. I think also the hard thing is He may be calling me into an area that I am passionate about but into a battle I don't want to be in. Just say'n. I know it will not be welcomed by many here at FW but He made it clear this morning I need to pursue Him regardless. One step at a time.
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Sparrow wrote:Thanks, guys! :)

Seema, glad things are gaining clarity. Praying it continues to become clear.
I guess my post got eaten, where I said Amy has a way with words...well you all do, in your own unique style.

Kate, that's great to pursue The Lord's will, regardless.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks Stellar Jay. Pray for clarity for this is not a place to go without the Lord's direction and assurance.
Blessings, Kathleen

Return to “The Water Cooler”