Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Oooooo.. I found the PERFECT car for me. :mrgreen:

I could truly feel safe in something like this. 8)

See the delivery van next to it? How about the blue Mustang behind it. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:24 pm

6 more weeks of winter!

Look out!

When hamsters see their shadows, it's time to eat
or snooze time
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Today's Lesson: Always read photo's captions when using PhotoBucket - I'm glad for undos!
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Sparrow wrote:Oh, forgot to ask, Shann, have you heard anything more about the 12 girls with the Tourette's syndrome-like symptoms? I don't believe for a minute that it's just psychosomatic or hypermania. They are in the same school but don't interact with each other much...different classrooms and such. Besides, what would make a kid decide to start acting horribly like that? You and I know from experience that being sick and physically doesn't create anything positive that you'd want to do on purpose. And that anything the doctors can't explain they say must be just us going insane. MS and diabetes and Parkinson's Disease and stuff like that used to be considered to be just in people's heads, too, cuz doctors didn't know.

There's a private investigator who is an ecologist who is researching the area. I guess there was a huge chemical spill right next to the school years ago that wasn't cleaned up well and there have never been water testing or anything to make sure it's not in the soil or drinking water. This lady is investigating to see if the symptoms might be related to that.
Funny how it's only 30 minutes from my house and you know more about it than I do. He didn't say they were making it up. He believed the symptoms are real just that it was mass hysteria something. I know I tend to think when a doctor says it's psychological it means they think they are faking or crazy but I guess that's not true.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:14 pm

jaybird wrote:Today's Lesson: Always read photo's captions when using PhotoBucket - I'm glad for undos!
Does it make me a bad person that I really want to know what the caption said?

I think I caught up with everything. I got my first issue of the newsletter out. (the secretary made an error and half of my kids pull out page is blank :( ) But no biggie. The stress did a number on my body and I've spent most of the week sleeping.

I'm sorry I wasn't here while some of you were going through hard times but know I love you all and pray and think of you often. You are such a positive influence in my life.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Pup, congrats on HC for your challenge piece :!: :superhappy :clap :party

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Shann wrote:
Sparrow wrote:Oh, forgot to ask, Shann, have you heard anything more about the 12 girls with the Tourette's syndrome-like symptoms? I don't believe for a minute that it's just psychosomatic or hypermania.
He didn't say they were making it up. He believed the symptoms are real just that it was mass hysteria something. I know I tend to think when a doctor says it's psychological it means they think they are faking or crazy but I guess that's not true.
He said it was symptoms from stress, though, and I don't believe that for a minute. One of the girls woke up from a nap with symptoms. You don't start twitching and get so sick you can't hardly even walk just from stress and even if one person did, for sure over a dozen wouldn't spontaneously all at the same time with no apparent trigger. Also, their symptoms are classic PANDA, which is a type of strep virus that can attack the brain and cause those exact symptoms.

Pup, congrats! I thought that was a good story, too.

I actually entered the challenge last night for employment. :shock: First time in a year.

So, last night I did my taxes online and got all done but then they wanted to charge me $30 because I work in a dif state than I live in, so I didn't submit it. Usually I can do it for free.

But I had my wallet out for my taxes and forgot to put it back in my purse. I worked two classes today and between them I went to order lunch and realized I didn't have a cent. :| My coworker loaned me $1 so I could at least get a granola bar.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:03 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
Highly Commended:

The Flames Never Die by Jesus Puppy
Wow, I made it on a list... beside the members list. :lol:
JP your heart beats so steadily with true love in this piece. I was so touched as I read it, thank you.
:star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :star2 :thankssign :angel2 :angel2 :angel2
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:08 am

No.. it was fictional. If it was about TRUE love, it would have been about my love life, which means it would have been a blank page. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:21 am

Can I be better yet? :| :(
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 am

Stellar.....cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute pics! I love little meeses and hamsters. And, no Shannikins.....ewes not bad...'cuz mes was curious about what the captions said too, and me is nevah bad! :heehee Image

Pup...I actually like the tank or whatever it is....in fact...I like hummers which I guess is not cool to many people. However, if we got attacked by aliens or terrorists....I would be the first to grab guns and a hummer, or that tank thingy. I'd nevah give up or in easy!

Amykins...my heart did a KATHUNK at you not having lunch money and then only borrowing 1 measley witto dollar and having just a granola bar. I wished I could've been there for you. :( However, on a brighter note.....SO GLAD to hear you entered the challenge! Can't wait to read it.

And Beakers....yep....time to git better. You have my permission and my blessings. :) Here's a hug to help you on your way to better days.

This pic is for....just because

BTW....where has ewes been Timmy-Tot? Are you okay? Missing you too buddy!

K...mes outta here......IT'S F R I D A Y....YAY!

It's been one hecka work week!

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:07 am

JesusPuppy wrote:No.. it was fictional. If it was about TRUE love, it would have been about my love life, which means it would have been a blank page. :roll:
True love has nothing to do with reality for a TRUE writer and you are one. I stand by my comment this one came from you heart if not your current life. Remember you don't lie you fictionalize or something similar. 8)

Becky go for it and get on the well wagon.

Amy? borrowing a measly buck for lunch, what is that about? I am 'astonished.'

The good new is Ian got the frozen car started and made it to the village for supplies. Even got some knickers washed, by hand the washing machine is frozen. This depth of cold can leave any day now, it is like uninvited company and fish after 3 days it stinks! :tongue
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:40 am

Kalnozoli Kate wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:No.. it was fictional. If it was about TRUE love, it would have been about my love life, which means it would have been a blank page. :roll:
True love has nothing to do with reality for a TRUE writer and you are one. I stand by my comment this one came from you heart if not your current life. Remember you don't lie you fictionalize or something similar. 8)

Becky go for it and get on the well wagon.

Amy? borrowing a measly buck for lunch, what is that about? I am 'astonished.'

The good new is Ian got the frozen car started and made it to the village for supplies. Even got some knickers washed, by hand the washing machine is frozen. This depth of cold can leave any day now, it is like uninvited company and fish after 3 days it stinks! :tongue

Yay for the supplies Kitkat! Unbelievable about frozen washing machine. I admire your fortitude to endure such harsh winters. Here's an extra fire to keep the embers of your heart warm & cozy.

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:55 pm

So Kate, do my tired brain a favor and tell me how cold -20 C is in Fahrenheit. We only did a week or two in school on metrics. I suppose I could do a google search and find out the answer but that would take effort too. Okay I did it. It turned out to be a frigid -4. We have hit as low as -10 but it didn't seem too bad cuz the next day it was a balmy 50! So I'm glad you're staying warm.

I saw a 6 legged lamb in the news and thought of you. So my question is if one of your ewes birthed a 6 legged lamb, would you still eat it?

Becky, I really hope you start feeling better soon. Since I caught my cold from you, I'm hoping I won't be sick as long as you. It was so nice to have a normal life for a few months but since Dec things have been back to my normal and we all know that a Shann normal is anything but normal!

Seema sending you huge cyberhugs. Love you bunches!

Barb I was glad to see you pop in. I miss you and your stories so much. Maybe I should figure out how to follow blogs so I can keep up with yous alls writing. I do pop in on Amy's once in a while. And once or twice a month I check out the JoE but I'm not even sure how to get to everyone's or how you all have the time to follow so many. Plus I try to leave as many comments as possible on the challenge. Speaking of...if anyone wants to read an outstanding entry check out Masters in the bottom third Whose Captives...(I don't want to give away the whole title but there is some good reading there.

Love yas, I'm going back to bed (even though technically I really haven't gotten out of bed except to pee)
Shann

Shann's Profile

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:37 pm

AnneRene' wrote:[q

Yay for the supplies Kitkat! Unbelievable about frozen washing machine. I admire your fortitude to endure such harsh winters. Here's an extra fire to keep the embers of your heart warm & cozy.
Thanks Holly for the warm fire. Our wood stove is keeping us cozy. My fortitude flops now and again but God gives love and patience through Ian often.

Shann well done on the Celsius test. We are running at about -29C now especially at night. About -20 F. Rather parky as they say in England. Regarding a six legged lamb and would we eat it, the shepherd says they don't usually live long. He once had a two headed pig but it didn't live for very long. Sad to say. Lamb in the market is about a year old and looks like a sheep not a little springy lamb. Lamb is a technical term. I would ask Ian for the length of time they are called 'lamb' but he has gone to sleep. The 6 legged lamb may die before it reaches an eatable stage for market that is. If that farmer is a breeder he may be trying to find out why it happened to avoid it happening again. The end of the agricultural report for today. All questions are welcome. :welcome :welcome :welcome :thumbs
Blessings, Kathleen

Return to “The Water Cooler”