Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Rebecky » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:52 am

Well I'm feeling worse today.

I didn't catch it from you Kara lol

I caught it from my 5 yr old niece. I had to babysit my nieces the other day and the 5 yr old had a cold.
Dum Spiro Spero

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by jaybird » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Rebecky wrote:Well I'm feeling worse today.

I didn't catch it from you Kara lol

I caught it from my 5 yr old niece. I had to babysit my nieces the other day and the 5 yr old had a cold.
Those silly little kids, full of ebbee-jibbees.
3 of us participating in the "Never Ending Story" - a Sparrow fluttered in. Pup, thanks for the duck hat.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Oh kids and their darling germs. :roll:

Every time you mention the Never Ending Story, it always takes me a minute to remember thats the name of the forum. I just always think of the movie, which was one of my favorites.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:59 pm

My mom got a sheltie pup today, yet to be named. He is almost 6 weeks old, was born on December 23rd.

I'm a nervous wreck though cause he's small and our other dogs aren't used to him (obviously).
Dum Spiro Spero

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:29 am

I keep coming in here to post, but can't find the words. Just a squished-up mess of emotions right now. :(

Sigh.

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 am

Jay, that's too bad the new heart devise bothers your sleep.

Becky, aren't your other dogs pretty small, too? That should make the new one fit in a little better?

Seema, hugs. :hugs2

I did pretty much nothing at all on Fri and Sat and then slept a little better last night so you'd think I'd be more rested today. But I about fell asleep during the sermon--and I was on the stage interpreting :shock: :lol: And then I didn't get a nap cuz healKick had an online Bible study (missed you, Jay) and then the prayer chat for Jess. At least they were at home, but still a bit tiring. I was suppose to go to a church event tonight, but was too tired.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:36 am

Oh, forgot to ask, Shann, have you heard anything more about the 12 girls with the Tourette's syndrome-like symptoms? I don't believe for a minute that it's just psychosomatic or hypermania. They are in the same school but don't interact with each other much...different classrooms and such. Besides, what would make a kid decide to start acting horribly like that? You and I know from experience that being sick and physically doesn't create anything positive that you'd want to do on purpose. And that anything the doctors can't explain they say must be just us going insane. MS and diabetes and Parkinson's Disease and stuff like that used to be considered to be just in people's heads, too, cuz doctors didn't know.

There's a private investigator who is an ecologist who is researching the area. I guess there was a huge chemical spill right next to the school years ago that wasn't cleaned up well and there have never been water testing or anything to make sure it's not in the soil or drinking water. This lady is investigating to see if the symptoms might be related to that.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:50 am

Seema, sorry for your squished emotions. I have none. I am frozen inside and out. We are 'enjoying' temps in the minus 20's Celsius. The antics of the puppy, Lass, make us laugh and Ian is carrying on with caring for the animals outside and me inside. My body is not being nice, I have a cement block for lungs and a flutterby for a heart, every joint is aching and weak. Okay, enough of that.
Amy I am so glad you stayed awake enough not to fall off during the sermon. Nothing worse than a sparrow falling off its perch. :wink:
Becky, hoping you are keeping your fingers out of trouble.
Shann, keeping warm, I hope.
Pup, Tim, Jay, OKAY?
Holly, enjoying sunshine, of course. Never forget one December going to the Yacht Club in Newport Beach for a staff breakfast and there was frost on the grass. I was flying out that day to Hawaii for Christmas and couldn't believe I could wear wool trousers and a sweater to the morning event. But then I would walk on the beach in January and the locals thought I was nuts. One New Years we built a bonfire on the beach but it was too hot to roast hotdogs, at midnight, lol. Good memories.
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:38 am

I'm still sick and feel pretty ... well sick. :(

Amy, our oldest dog is around 90 pounds or so. He's part Lab so he is bigger. My dog is small and then our other dog is around 50 pounds. So now we have 2 bigger dogs and 2 smaller dogs. Of course mom's new sheltie pup will get to be around 20 pounds so he will get bigger than mine, but until he grows he is smaller than mine. lol
Dum Spiro Spero

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:16 am

Shelites are lovely. I had one over 40 years ago. They are very smart but tend to be nervous if they don't have enough to do. They are good at herding. In the Shetland Isles where the breed originates they herd sheep by running across the sheep's backs. They are not a miniature breed of another dog but actually the small size due to the harshness of life in the Shetlands. Enjoy all your dogs looks like tv show All Creatures Great and S :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs mall.
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:24 am

Just found out that my sister passed away sometime yesterday. And before you ask, No, she was not a Christian. :(
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:29 am

I'm so sorry pup!!! :hugs3 :hugs2 :grouphug3 :grouphug2 :grouphug
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:38 am

Sunshine...

Hugs. :(

Kitkat... :hugs2 I so know how ewes feeling. God Bless Ian's little heart and determination to keep everyone warm, cozy and content.

Beakers...Image mes no like ewes feeling sick. Hope you are not bummed about chopping off your hair. I'm sure ewes just as cute with shorter, short...or long hair!

Karakins..."darling germs"....love it! Especially after raising my dtr, whose now in college...always catching something and just glad she can't bring it home anymore. :heehee

Amykins....I'm sorry you had to go through such a moment as falling asleep while IN CHURCH, DURING A SERMON, AND while you were interpreting. Really I am....but I have to admit...it gave me a big lol. I'm bad and I know it, but, but, but....here's how I pictured what everyone else saw. :heehee ....

HOWEVER, everyone knows you and I am sure....loves you and understands about your tiredness. Even tho you don't feel rested up....am glad you had a few days to relax. Perhaps you fell asleep because you are beginning (just beginning) to catch up.

As for the Never Ending Story....mes too!!!! I love the movie and picture myself riding "luck". :)

BTW Pup....mes wondering where you've been and what you're up to? Hope all is well with you.
Hope ewes writing a sequel to your romantic story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:46 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Just found out that my sister passed away sometime yesterday. And before you ask, No, she was not a Christian. :(
Oh Pup...just saw this AFTER I posted being my stupid-silly-self.....I am so very sorry and deeply share your heartache. I know there are those who do disagree with my hopeful thinking....however, we just don't know what transpired between your sister and God before she passed away, which always gives me hope that no matter how unsaved a person appears to be before passing...there is still hope. YES, I believe that people can be saved at the last moment because of God's grace and not our works, actions or attitudes.

:grouphug2

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:58 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Just found out that my sister passed away sometime yesterday. And before you ask, No, she was not a Christian. :(
My dear dear Brother Pup, I am so sorry my heart grieves with your heart. I agree with Holly we really don't know but I also know that it is a hard place to be. I struggled to trust God with the timing of my mother's death in a car accident because I don't think she was a Christian. : ( :( You are in my heart and my prayers precious Pup.

Holly loved the kitty picture it melted a bit of ice round my heart.
Blessings, Kathleen

Return to “The Water Cooler”