Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

User avatar
Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:07 am
Location: Latvia
Contact:

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:00 am

Ah, many time travelers can be found in So Cal. Aliens drop many there after re-programming. You find them in the hills and on the beaches. :) :| :wink:
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

User avatar
JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 3520
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Third rock from the sun..
Contact:

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by JesusPuppy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:09 am

Ya, but stay away from the shopping malls.. those guys are fakes. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

User avatar
Sparrow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Sparrow » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:44 am

Ohhh, do I have to get up yet? So ready to go back to bed but must head out for my last day of work at the college for this school year. Tomorrow I can sleep, tomorrow I can sleep....

There's someone in the challenge forum all flaming mad at me. :roll: New person who didn't like Deb clarifying what the challenge topic did and didn't mean. Oh well. I'll send her a quick PM and then not fret over it. I don't think talking more about it is going to help anyone.
Kalnozoli Kate wrote:Ian, when asked if he is alright, he often replies no, I'm half left.
Haha! I'll have to remember that one and use it myself. My dad has a couple of responces like that. If one of us kids calls, "Dad?" He'll say, "Yup, that's me."
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

User avatar
tonguethaid
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Thailand
Contact:

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by tonguethaid » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:57 am

JesusPuppy wrote:In space..? Have the aliens been talking to you.. maybe you should work on a foil hat for yourself.... :roll:

As I said, the answer is "left", for a reason.

Socrate's Riddle: IF a rooster laid an egg on top of a barn, which side would it roll down?

The answer: The left side.

Findings: IF.. a rooster laid an egg it would be against nature and therefore wrong. If it is wrong, it is not right. If not right, it's left.
Ahh...I was at least similar mind set- just took the wrong approach, guess I'm just not as smart as Socrates. Thats a good reminder, cause somedays I start to think that I am :roll:
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

User avatar
tonguethaid
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 856
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Thailand
Contact:

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by tonguethaid » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:08 pm

Sparrow wrote:Ohhh, do I have to get up yet? So ready to go back to bed but must head out for my last day of work at the college for this school year. Tomorrow I can sleep, tomorrow I can sleep....

There's someone in the challenge forum all flaming mad at me. :roll: New person who didn't like Deb clarifying what the challenge topic did and didn't mean. Oh well. I'll send her a quick PM and then not fret over it. I don't think talking more about it is going to help anyone.
Kalnozoli Kate wrote:Ian, when asked if he is alright, he often replies no, I'm half left.
Haha! I'll have to remember that one and use it myself. My dad has a couple of responces like that. If one of us kids calls, "Dad?" He'll say, "Yup, that's me."
Oh my word Amy. I'm of course naturally drawn to drama, so I had to go over and check out this conflict. I'm only on the first post and I am incredulous...hmm is that the right word? Well at any rate thats how I feel and its the only word coming to mind.

Ok well gonna finish reading...

But seriously....seriously??
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

User avatar
Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:07 am
Location: Latvia
Contact:

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Amy :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry :sorry I think it is my fault she is there. I haven't read that forum since I critiqued her entry trying gently to encourage a clarification on the topic. It must be the same one we have exchanged a few emails and I tried to explain the clarification is what editors do for writers, she didn't buy it. I will say no more or I could speak out of turn.
I think you are right the less said the better for she can't hear it right now.

Pup, I have had an alien park my car at a mall in So Cal, I just know he was one. He turned down the tape player that was blasting out Beach Boys.
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

User avatar
deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:16 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by deejay » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:43 pm

thesyd wrote:wow jesuspuppy that question has really made me think. My idea of marriage? I don't think its really necassary, i mean marriage is just a piece of paper, people could just be with that one person forever, and still be married in their hearts. I mean what was marriage like in bible times? people where married but they didn't have to have a piece of paper to prove it.


Ivy i would start writing again, but i don't have a good word program, software, whatever you want to call it, and also you need a computer, which by the way i don't have.

Actually, Syd, at least among the Jews they had marriage contracts written up and signed. But then, the idea of marriage was 1.) produce children to keep the family line going, and 2.) bring honor to the families. As soon as a girl started having her monthly courses, her father would begin the search for a suitable husband for her, with input from his wife and daughter. It wasn't uncommon for a girl to marry as young as 13 or 14 and start having children shortly thereafter. When a suitable groom was found, the engagement was announced, and the future bride and her husband to be didn't see each other for a year. During this time, the future groom would be building an addition to his father's house, and the future bride would get busy on making her trousseau and wedding dress. That piece of paper, then as well as now, had important legal benefits attached to it. And, if you study our unique relationship to God through Christ, you'll find it's based on the concept of a traditional Jewish marriage of Jesus' day.

You're right, God hates the institution of divorce. In fact, Moses said that if a man divorces his wife, he had to give her a bill of divorcement and send her away. But in Jesus' time, that had degraded to the point where it was perfectly legal for a man to take a few witnesses, say to his wife, "I divorce you, I divorce you, I divorce you" and it was a legal divorce--no paperwork. Not good.

User avatar
IvyKat
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:52 am
Location: Stumptown

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by IvyKat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Sparrow wrote:
Kalnozoli Kate wrote:Ian, when asked if he is alright, he often replies no, I'm half left.
Haha! I'll have to remember that one and use it myself. My dad has a couple of responces like that. If one of us kids calls, "Dad?" He'll say, "Yup, that's me."
:rolling My dad(s) love stuff like this. "Hey Dad." "Hay is for horses." "I'm thirsty." "Nice to meet you Thirsty, I'm Friday. Let's go out Saturday and have a Sundae." "Can I have some water?" "I don't know, can you?"

Shanna Banana... :shock: Those are some... interesting questions.

Final for my music class tomorrow. I'm not sure if I can say the name of one of the bands on here, but they're a 70's punk band fronted by Johnny Rotten and Sid Vicious. They are the WORST band ever. Omigosh. I have no idea how they got so popular. They have no talent and their lyrics and music suck. WHY do I have to study them for this class? Even Bikini Kill is better than them. >.<
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

Profile
That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

thesyd
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by thesyd » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Ok shann i will answer all those questions best i can.

1. The biggest thing i got into trouble for i think was when i was in like 8th grade i took the bus to the mall with a friend when i was supposed to be at school.
2. i would have to say bikini.
3. Ummm... I would have to choose D first because i think i would be a much calmer person, i wouldn't be able to yell which i do way to much. and i think C would be my last choice because i would never be able to see my daughters faces again, I think thats the biggest reason.
4. i dated 2 guys before i got married.
5. Yes i do pick my nose when a family member is in the room. I don't think theres anything wrong with that, i mean they are family.
6. I usually think my farts are soooo rank.
7.i have had both, and i would have to go with cat.
8. Change poopys. Way better then cleaning puke.
9.I would name them sydnee 1 and sydnee 2. ha ha just joking. i have no idea what i would name them.
10. Well I'm already grown up, I'm exactly what i want to be.
11. Summer is my fav i love the heat.
12. No i have never punched anyone.
13. I was homeschooled off and on, and I'm going to homeschool my girls, but I'm going to do it the correct way.
14. Ummm....im not a member if any
15. i only wanted one kid, but i got 2 so i'm satisfied.

User avatar
Shann
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3860
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Western NY super rural

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Sparrow wrote:Ohh

There's someone in the challenge forum all flaming mad at me. :roll: New person who didn't like Deb clarifying what the challenge topic did and didn't mean. Oh well. I'll send her a quick PM and then not fret over it. I don't think talking more about it is going to help anyone.

"
I wonder if it's the same newbie who got very upset at my constructive critique on A challenge? It always breaks my heart when people get hurt by my comment. Sometimes people are just angry I try so hard to word my comments with positive comments too.
Last edited by Shann on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

User avatar
Shann
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3860
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Western NY super rural

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:44 pm

IvyKat wrote:
Sparrow wrote:
Kalnozoli Kate wrote:Ian, when asked if he is alright, he often replies no, I'm half left.
Haha! I'll have to remember that one and use it myself. My dad has a couple of responces like that. If one of us kids calls, "Dad?" He'll say, "Yup, that's me."
:rolling My dad(s) love stuff like this. "Hey Dad." "Hay is for horses." "I'm thirsty." "Nice to meet you Thirsty, I'm Friday. Let's go out Saturday and have a Sundae." "Can I have some water?" "I don't know, can you?"

Shanna Banana... :shock: Those are some... interesting questions.

Final for my music class tomorrow. I'm not sure if I can say the name of one of the bands on here, but they're a 70's punk band fronted by Johnny Rotten and Sid Vicious. They are the WORST band ever. Omigosh. I have no idea how they got so popular. They have no talent and their lyrics and music suck. WHY do I have to study them for this class? Even Bikini Kill is better than them. >.<
Tell your sister when you answered the underwear question you said granny panties! You also admitted to picking your nose, but not your belly button!

Oh and hi Do Jay I do believe this is the firsttime I've seen your here. (Doesn't mean it's your first time just mine) Welcome. :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

User avatar
Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 697
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:49 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Ms. Barbie » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Dropping by for a quick HI!

These forums do attract some interesting people :? Like us ! (Shann, remember the one from Germany?)

If you don't respond back, they will go away. Don't anyone fret over thinking you offended them.

I went to a water theme park on Saturday! :clap :clap :clap :clap I was proud of myself for breaking out of my rut. I had not realized that I had lost my sense of adventure till deciding whether or not to go play. Glad I did and had a fun time.


I just had three days off from work-even my work phone was shut off! Wonderful! Back to work now and it keeps me soooooooooooooooooo busy. (Taking a break at the moment)
Barb Culler

User avatar
Shann
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3860
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Western NY super rural

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:12 pm

thesyd wrote:Ok shann i will answer all those questions best i can.

1. The biggest thing i got into trouble for i think was when i was in like 8th grade i took the bus to the mall with a friend when i was supposed to be at school.
2. i would have to say bikini.
3. Ummm... I would have to choose D first because i think i would be a much calmer person, i wouldn't be able to yell which i do way to much. and i think C would be my last choice because i would never be able to see my daughters faces again, I think thats the biggest reason.
4. i dated 2 guys before i got married.
5. Yes i do pick my nose when a family member is in the room. I don't think theres anything wrong with that, i mean they are family.
6. I usually think my farts are soooo rank.
7.i have had both, and i would have to go with cat.
8. Change poopys. Way better then cleaning puke.
9.I would name them sydnee 1 and sydnee 2. ha ha just joking. i have no idea what i would name them.
10. Well I'm already grown up, I'm exactly what i want to be.
11. Summer is my fav i love the heat.
12. No i have never punched anyone.
13. I was homeschooled off and on, and I'm going to homeschool my girls, but I'm going to do it the correct way.
14. Ummm....im not a member if any
15. i only wanted one kid, but i got 2 so i'm satisfied.
I love your answer to number 10 -Whatdo you want to be when yen grow up? Idon't think I'll ever be totally grown dup so I admire that is are and I'm. 45 but want to be. -a librarian when I grow up. But with my health problems I know A probably wont happen. And BTW supposedly 80% of people like the smell of their farts but only 10% admit it! I still. don't know why my kids won't do their senior paper on that topic :? :?: :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

User avatar
IvyKat
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:52 am
Location: Stumptown

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by IvyKat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:29 pm

thesyd wrote:12. No i have never punched anyone.
Selective memory, eh? Do you not remember how you used to wake me and Comet up every morning?
thesyd wrote:13. I was homeschooled off and on, and I'm going to homeschool my girls, but I'm going to do it the correct way.
That doesn't exist...
Shann wrote:Tell your sister when you answered the underwear question you said granny panties! You also admitted to picking your nose, but not your belly button!
NOT TRUE! I said boyshorts! Which is what I'm wearing right now, although they don't match my outfit.
Shann wrote:And BTW supposedly 80% of people like the smell of their farts but only 10% admit it! I still. don't know why my kids won't do their senior paper on that topic :? :?: :mrgreen:
If only 10% admit it how did they come up with 80%?? :tongue And your kids are nuts.
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

Profile
That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

User avatar
Shann
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3860
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Western NY super rural

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by Shann » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:32 pm

More questions SydHow old are your girls and do you mind sharing their names on the boards?

How often do your see your family? [Parents and siblings)

If you had to work what would be your dream job?

Does it bug you when people missed your name?

When you were a kid and played pretend what was your favorite pretend name?
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Post Reply

Return to “The Water Cooler”