Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Post by kahoosbt » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Shann wrote:How about something like wholesome books I had another word that went with wholesome but I can't think of it right now. But I have to go to the bathroom and maybe if I empty my bladder there will be room for the other word.z

It worked wholesome and entertaining and I even came up with another one delightful! No comments about how my brain is connected to my bladder!
Okay, I promise. No brain / bladder comments! :mrgreen: (It'll be tough, though. :wink: )

Wholesome and entertaining are good words, but I had hoped to find something with a long e sound in the title word / words to tie-in with "e-books". Probably not essential, but I'd like to, if I can.

Delightful has possibilities. I may well be able to work with it, but, like "lovely / ies" it might be a bit limiting. i.e. books can be clean, yet related to a darker or heavier subject or theme, so not necessarily best described as "lovely" or "delightful".

I dunno... (obviously, lol) :mrgreen:

I do appreciate the feedback, though!
:thankssign

Shelley

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Doesn't seem to mater how much I rest, I stay exhausted. I think it might be a side effect of the heart med. So I have fibro, tachycardia (fast heartrate), insomnia all causing fatigue anyway and I think this med is my body's last straw. I'm really frustrated both because I can't get anything done when I'm thins tired, especially not any writing, and frustrated because it seems like every medication out there makes me too sick. How am I suppose to get better if everything makes me more sick?

I did make it to church this morning, though I burst into tears the minute a friend asked how I was. :roll: I always cry easily when I'm overly tired.

Anyway, sorry for whining. My brain does seem to be funtioning enough to make sense of Shelley's e-book reviews plan, finally. Sounds great! I might be able to send on an occational review, when I'm not too sick. I'll keep thinking of a good E- word. Maybe Excellent?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Rebecky » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm thinking I'm run down or something.. i dunno though. I've been exhausted and dizzy all day.

I've felt like I could serious just fall over from exhaustion. :(
Dum Spiro Spero

kimhamlin
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by kimhamlin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Lord, please pour extra blessings out for SHELLYKINS, BUTTONS, AMY, SHANNIKINS, KARA, BEAKERS, TIARA, SEEMA, PATTY, BOO, and HOLLY. Help them feel your love and know that you are with them always through good and bad. We thank you Lord for all that we are and all that we are about to become, we give You all the glory, amen!

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Kara, those lantern photos are awesome! But I am not understanding something. You say you Launched them. How does this work? What are they made of? Does'nt the fire go out out or ignite the lanterns?
Barb Culler

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:34 am

Please pray for my mom right now.

kahoosbt
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by kahoosbt » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:40 am

Praying for her, Seema. (And for you, too.)

Shelley

Kalnozoli Kate
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by Kalnozoli Kate » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:59 am

srashmi wrote:Please pray for my mom right now.
Father of light and life, We thank You that You are present with Seema's mom we ask that You continue to make Your presence, peace and power known to her. Because You are sovereign and all powerful we ask that Your will be done for her. We want wholeness that we can see but more than that we want Your plan fulfilled in her life. Comfort those around her and help them see Your way in it all. Amen
Blessings, Kathleen
"The only thing that can change us, the world, is this~~~all His love." Ann Voskamp

Blog: http://ergliangel45.wordpress.com

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:26 am

Ms. Barbie wrote:Kara, those lantern photos are awesome! But I am not understanding something. You say you Launched them. How does this work? What are they made of? Does'nt the fire go out out or ignite the lanterns?
They are made of thin tissue-like paper. They work the same concept as a hot air balloon. They connect a slice of toilet paper roll that has been soaked in kerosene with wires. You light the fuel soaked roll and once its hot enough it soars up into the sky. You have to be careful to hold it level or it will catch on fire and then sometimes they burn up anyhow- or end up in a tree or something. But for the most part they just float on up. I've never heard of them lighting anything else on fire.

Praying Seema!
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:08 am

Praying for you both, Seema. (((Hugs)))

Kara, the lanterns are pretty. :)

Becky, sorry you're feeling rottin, too. :(

Is anyone else keeping up on the Bible readings? I think I've done it everyday for two weeks now. It's working well to pick something that I don't HAVE to do but that I enjoy doing everyday and making sure I read before.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:44 am

Seema praying deeply for your mom, you and your sister. The waiting and helplessness is such a hard thing-to endure. Try to feel Jesus rocking all three of you in His arms.

Becky try holding on until things change andyou can get to a doctor even though I hate calling the doctor and waiting in pain in the waiting room I can't imagine how frustrating itwould be to not have anyone to call who might have the answers. Actually, I can understand a little because of my insurance snafu I've been waiting 18 months to seethe neurologist/epilepsy center. And it's been 6 months since I've been trying to get into the immunologist. I just know there's more going on then the shingles and somewhere someone has to have the answer. I'm lucky I have a great minister to talkand help me get through the hard times.

Amy the beta blocker can make you sleepy.I was surprised when you said you were on them because they're usually used for high blood pressure. That's what I was using it for a couple of years ago. I had BP ranging from 170/100 to 140/9O and I had intermittent blurry vision.They also might make your Raynaud worse because the reduce blood to extremities. But once your body adjusted to the meds the side effects should diminish. You aren't taking any over the counter drugs or herbal supplements are you.St John's Wart can cause dry interactions,There are several things that can cause tachycardia tachycardia and hypotension one is food allergies which I know you are careful Ruth yous diet but maybe youhave another allergy that you don't know about, also depression,and then A whole bunch of cardiac conditions I know your sister went to the Cleveland Clinic Is there anyway you can go too? I'd love to go and get my answers myself. I'm sure Ididn't tell you anything you didn't know but maybe you can leave a message fees the nice doctor even though he's only there a few times A month it sounds like he cares and if you called the office and asked then to tell him about your symptoms it might help help some more. Do your take themed on an empty stomach before bed? That might help too, unless you were told to take it at another time. I hope your feel better better soon. Love yas all!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:46 am

Sparrow wrote:Praying for you both, Seema. (((Hugs)))

Kara, the lanterns are pretty. :)

Becky, sorry you're feeling rottin, too. :(

Is anyone else keeping up on the Bible readings? I think I've done it everyday for two weeks now. It's working well to pick something that I don't HAVE to do but that I enjoy doing everyday and making sure I read before.
I am so far behind, but I really don't want to get up. I like your idea maybe I will give that a try.
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:53 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:Okay who is watching Idol?
That's a TV show, I don't watch those. :P
I only watch it in the beginning when they go to different cities, I like hearing the really bad singers. Then after Hollywood week I stop watching it.I think it's because I'm thankful that my family and friends would stop me from going on TV and make A feel of myself by missing every note and messy up the tempo.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:03 am

Kara there is a daily devotion too that might be easier to read everyday than the verses. I'll add the link and you can check it out. Im pretty sure they use verses from the daily reading. And the verse of theday At the top of each posting is from the Read the Bible in a year, So even if you don't read the whole thing but just the verse you're still doing part of it.

Here's the devotional link for today Monday March 21
http://www.cbn.com/SpiritualLife/Devoti ... _soda.aspx
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:47 am

MONDAY ~ March 21 Day 80

VERSE OF THE DAY: He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David. – Luke 1:32

New Testament: Luke 1:21-38
Old Testament: Joshua 7-9

http://bible.cbn.com/bibleinayear.aspx?day=80&plan=1

Daily Devotion: Spiritual Soda http://www.cbn.com/SpiritualLife/Devoti ... _soda.aspx

1. SHELLYKINS *
2. BUTTONS
3. AMY *
4. SHANNIKINS *
5. KARA *
6. BEAKERS *
7. TIARA *
8. SEEMA *
9. PATTY *
10. BOO *
11. HOLLY *

PRAYER REQUESTS

Amy- Low blood pressure, please help the new medicine work miracles for her, help her take time to rest, help family find a way to keep house and belongings, help her find the right balance between work and rest, help her with her disability appeal

Barb- Let work calm down, help her to realize how important she is , give her a good rest, stress from work, thank you for inspiring her to write again, keep her healthy as her job goes through transitions, keep her mom healthy and happy

Becky Painful back and sore legs, joints, help her get her rest,please bless her with a good night sleep and a day with little or no pain, He Ip her see all the wonderful things we see in her, empathy, compassion, helpful heart, talent for words, love for family and help her overcome her fear of driving and give her a way to talk about the accident.

Holly- To continue to accept divorce, give her strength and wisdom to be a single woman again, bless her with as much joy as she gives, give her time for herself and her Lord, bless her with the ability to deal with the stresses of her life, bless the lol( little ole lady) she works with.

Ivy - Decisions about school, help her through spring break and finals help her to feel like she belongs, help her help her friends without overwhelming and hurting Ivy

Kara- Stress with being a Christian Mom,confidence that she is in the right place at the right time, give Kara the opportunity to meet more friends in Thailand, to help her get through the difficulties of marriage and parenthood.

Kate- Enduring harsh winter, worries for Ian's heart if he needs to see a doctor give him the wisdom and strength to go. and her health, Give her strength to carry on with her writing and the hard part of editing.Bless Ian as he struggles with the tractor.

Kim- Give her wisdom in dealing with her niece, patience with her Mom and Sister, help them with their health problems, give Kim time to spend with her Savior, Remind her she is loved

Lauren-help her get through homework and tests, remind her we love and miss her, give her the wisdom and energy to balance her busy schedule.

Leonie- Work, pressures of being a Christian mom missing her son, give her time and energy to pop in and see us, be with Shaun, bless her as her family continues to adjust to changes

Patty- Living situation, help her find A way to get more propane and away to keep electricity on, help her and her children reach out to each other, let her realize how much we need her wisdom here, thank you for an email asking me to say hi for her. Remind her how much good her writing does for her and for those who read it.

Pup- To get proper sleep,work load be just right, get over bug\ no more dizzy spells, help him to know he is wonderful, give him the gift of seeing himself through our eyes, give him something to spark that spirit in his heart so he can continue his quest to worship you and to find happiness as well.

Seema-Especially pray for Seema's mom right now as she is getting ready for the next phase of life. Bless and encourage Seema and her sister as they sit with Mom during this draining, emotional time. Let them all feel our love. give friends the wisdom and courage to know what to say and do for the family.

Shann-Give her energy to move out of bed, depression, insurance, protect her from even thinking about hurting herself or comitting suicide, help her realize she is worthy and has a purpose other than being a burden.

Shelley- Thank you for her calming spirit, bless her as she works on her house and readies herself for her next stage in life, bless her as she writes has stories,give her wisdom as she works on a way to attract others to the book review blog

Tiara- Help her in job hunt, bless her and her parents, give her peace and let her find a place of safety to be who she is, strength and wisdom for writing,

Tim- Stress at work, eyesight, good night sleep, remind him how much we need him here, help him to open up to more people help his doctors have wisdom

This is for everyone who feels yucky.

Last edited by Shann on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”