Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:32 am

:mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:33 am

Sparrow wrote:666 is just a number. :)
Ya but I am insane, and bored. Yep, it is lunch time , and I just couldn't keep that page number on there til morning. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

LStanley

Post by LStanley » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:57 am

Helloooooooooo Friendbobs,

I trust all are doing well? Soon all my challenges will be over, I am convinced of it but until such time I will just keep praying and telling the devil what a liar he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Graham is leaving for Cape Town on Friday night. He will be preaching there from the 18th of January. I am not sure when he is coming back home (that sounds weird), but it all depends on the churches in the Cape.

I do know that all these challenges we are facing is because of the trip Graham is going on. The devil is hopping mad because he knows that thousands of people will get to hear God's word during this trip.

Sooooooooooo sorry for you devil, but I stand firm on God's word and I know THAT GOD IS IN CONTROL :!: :!: :!: :!:

P.S. I am sticking to the Bible reading plan but I am 2 days behind. :oops:
Leonie (My friends call me Blueberry (or was it Boobelly?))

http://www.stanley1126.wordpress.com

kimhamlin
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Happy Humpday everyone

Post by kimhamlin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:34 am

It's Wednesday!! Nobody scared me off, it's just harder to find time during the week. I just try to be grateful that I have a job. So many don't right now.

I hope all you sick people are feeling better! I'm praying for you and I'm claiming victory over your illnesses! I had a case of insomnia last night, I know it was after 3 am when I finally fell asleep, so you all got a lot of prayers. The upside is that I have three drafts for articles done.

I'm tired of snow. I'm grateful that it isn't as bad here as it is further east, but sitting here thinking of going outside to clean off the car is making me want to crawl back into bed. Ugh!

I can't wait to see some challenge results! But, won't be able to do that until I get home tonight! Hope one of you wins! We can have a party later to celebrate!!

Have a blessed day everyone!

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:03 am

Ugh. I'm tired. :|

Well I'd say we got about 3 or 4 inches of snow but I'm only guessing by how much is piled on the banister. Mom and Dad still had to go to work though so I'm stuck here. Which is good cause I'm so tired. . . I can just stare outside and see how beautimous it is. :mrgreen:

I woke up this morning and had a missed called which was odd in and of itself. Then I saw it was from my Aunt. I'm not sure why she called but it got me worried. I know I shouldn't worry but that's me.

Anyway, I think I'm going to find food and then maybe take an early nap. :roll:
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:14 am

January 12

VERSE OF THE DAY
"So I will prove to you that the Son of Man has the authority on earth to forgive sins." Then Jesus turned to the paralyzed man and said, "Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!" – Matthew 9:6

Read Today's Bible Passages
New Testament: Matthew 9:1-17
Old Testament: Genesis 29-30

http://bible.cbn.com/BibleINAYear.aspx?day=9&plan=1

1. SHELLYKINS :thumbs
2. BUTTONS :thumbs
3. AMY :thumbs
4. SHANNIKINS :thumbs
5. KARA :thumbs
6. BEAKERS :thumbs
7. TIARA :thumbs
8. SEEMA :thumbs
9. PATTY :thumbs
10. BOO :thumbs
11. ME :thumbs

Hey Guys....it's ALMOST two weeks, pretty soon it'll be two months under our belts....we can do this. :mrgreen: Just think about how good it will feel at the end of this year, a year we're already in, and a year that will go by and be over before you know it...keep hanging in there.....it's just reading....15 or so minutes out of 1,440 minutes. That ain't nothin. :roll:

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:24 am

I am home and off for two days now. Odd I feel fine now and the wind and rain have started back up. Hummm maybe I am allergic to sunshine. :roll:

I think I will go for a walk in the rain. Might just make me feel even better. :mrgreen:

JesusPuppy Profile

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Puperoni, that made me laugh so hard. Thanks.

Please pray for me, folks. I'm on the verge of quitting Christianity. I'm sure I'll be over this by tomorrow, but I really, really, really don't want to be a Christian right now. I'm not even sure why I'm asking you to pray, except that I know you all love me.

Please don't think bad of me for admitting it. Faith has never been my strongest point. In fact, it's probably my weakest.
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Sparrow

Re: Happy Humpday everyone

Post by Sparrow » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:38 pm

Ivy, I think it's better to admit that kind of thing and face it than to just pretend you're not feeling it and push it under the rug. Praying for you! (((hugs)))
I just couldn't keep that page number on there til morning.
The page is still there... Just saying. :P
kimhamlin wrote:I can't wait to see some challenge results! But, won't be able to do that until I get home tonight! Hope one of you wins! We can have a party later to celebrate!!
Sorry, Kim, but the challenge doesn't change until tomorrow and even then we still have to wait a whole week for results. Tomorrow the Blue Moon entries will go live so everyone can read them, but they will still be anonymous. At the same time, the new topic will be posted. Then next week the results of Blue Moon will show up, the next topic entries will go live, and the third topic will be shown.

Sorry you didn't sleep well. I didn't sleep much at all last night, either. I just tossed and turned. I wasn't awake enough to get up and write or anything, but didn't actually get much real sleep, either.

Now I get to start my very long day. I'm excited about the new church job because I'll actually get to work with kids, but when I accepted it I didn't know I'd have to work a college job until 5:00 (the church one starts at 5:45 and I have to drive to it and get dinner). So no break and very long day for my body, especially after not much sleep.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:51 pm

IvyKat wrote:Puperoni, that made me laugh so hard. Thanks.

Please pray for me, folks. I'm on the verge of quitting Christianity. I'm sure I'll be over this by tomorrow, but I really, really, really don't want to be a Christian right now. I'm not even sure why I'm asking you to pray, except that I know you all love me.

Please don't think bad of me for admitting it. Faith has never been my strongest point. In fact, it's probably my weakest.
Hey SweetPea....After reading this I was JUST ABOUT TO JUMP ON THE PHONE...but decided to post first. Here's how it is.

1. Nobody would EVER think bad of you! Get it? Got it? Good! :wink:
2. Your just having "a moment" and none of us here are gonna let ya sink, ImageEVEN if I have to come up there. And I will!
3. As for the not wanting to be a Christian right now...tooooo late! :mrgreen: Ewe's already is....HOWEVER, as for feeling come against or dorky or tired of holding back in doing things you ought not to.....Here's the deal. You ARE being come against...it's our life! Secondly, just IF you're feeling dorky, your not a dork (I believe you called yourself one once) :heehee go look up the definition 'cuz ewe's certainly ain't that neither! And thirdly, if ewe's just tired of holding back and fighting those things you ought not to do as far as pleasing the Lord (not man)...you're not alone, we ALL GO through it because we's human and just stop and think about whatever it COULD be and it's lasting affect on your life verses the lasting affect of eternity.

Okay, this all being said...Perhaps you just feel under pressure to present yourself as a Christian based on another's presentation of themselves and how they "think" you ought to present yourself in what you say and do. Here's a great piece advice from the Holy, Living Word...if YOU aren't convicted that something is wrong (being filled with the Holy Spirit and trusting Him to always show you)...then don't allow what another is convicted about not doing, not touching and so on and so on. Like eating meat....I know I can without being out of God's will, but for some, they really ARE convicted that they can't eat it and so what...let each of us be accountable to God alone.

Now if none of this addressed your craziness....CALL ME, ya got my number and I won't scold you in any way shape or form...just love you through being human and covered with a weak coat of flesh like the rest of us rug rats.

Okay, Sweetie, SweatPea?.....now you best be gettin RIGHT BACK to me or I'll be a callin you like white on rice!

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Praying for you Ivy. You are a dear friend and sister in my heart, no matter what. Hang in there little one, God loves you, even when you or the rest of the world doesn't.
Sparrow wrote:
Ya ya ya... :P back at you.

JesusPuppy Profile

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

I don't know what to say, Ivy. Except I'm praying for you! :)

:mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
Sparrow wrote:
Ya ya ya... :P back at you.
:heehee
Dum Spiro Spero

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:03 pm

ok, it's been a long day and I'm exhausted.

:| :sleep
Dum Spiro Spero

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Ivy, I understand how you feel! Reading that stuff in the Bible is hard to comprehend for one, then the way some churches treat people is another.

There was a book out several years ago about how the church shoots their wounded, and a song praying for God to not let a wounded soldier (christian) die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn294ide1dc

I personally have have been "wounded" by the body of believers, and scars remain.

But the point is, we, the body of believers, AKA the church, are mere humans and that is how we behave. :roll: The focus of being a follower of Christ is...Jesus Christ, Himself, not man-made rules, rituals or teachings in school.

I have been a follower of Christ for 50 years, and have experienced many ups and downs in my walk, but I am still walking it! Truthfully, I just as soon not have to deal with going to church, but am obligated to at this time.

Ivy, don't denounce Jesus Christ, for what someone has said or did to hurt you so bad. Thank you for being courageous enough to share your anger here...it is safe and we all care AND UNDERSTAND!
Last edited by Ms. Barbie on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barb Culler

Return to “The Water Cooler”