Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:30 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:I feel for you Kara, but I am the opposite. I felt great when I was traveling to other countries, even though I couldn't understand a word anyone said. Now, while here in the USA, something just don't seem right for me. As though maybe I am meant to be somewhere else.

I don't know maybe I should be. Pack up and hit the road again, at my age, it would likely kill me, but I still feel that desire to be elsewhere.

Will definately keep it in prayer for you. Just hang in there and know the Lord has work for you... anywhere your feet touch ground.
Great words of comfort Puppers!

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:31 pm

This was posted over at the Southern Porch Forum, and it it is so precious, I want to share it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLPp4gXUY3o
Barb Culler

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:13 pm

I think I might be needing glasses. Just read the comment below that song... where it states the family's name and the song, "Buctot family singing "God Will Take Care of You".. and thought it said "Boycot family singing".. :lol:

I was like.. why would anyone want to do that. :roll:

:lol: I need sleep. :mrgreen:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:17 pm

Ms. Barbie wrote:This was posted over at the Southern Porch Forum, and it it is so precious, I want to share it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLPp4gXUY3o
How PRECIOUS Barb...so enjoyed that and needed it! I also watched the two year old sing Amazing Grace..... :heehee :heehee Warmed my heart!

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:39 pm

tonguethaid wrote:Hello all. So I like having a thumbs up, even though I am really behind on the reading. I guess traveling does that. I am back in Thailand, its 8:30pm and I am struggling to stay awake. Jet lag really is no fun. Speaking of no fun the flight over here really is no fun, actually its super miserable, but I survived.

Two days before we left I went out and got a last minute hair chop. I was pretty close to being able to donate to locks of love, but I would have had to take about an inch more off than I really wanted. Its pretty short now as is.

I will have to catch up on all the missed pages some other time, but if you guys think of me could you pray for me? I am having a really hard time with coming back to Thailand. I miss my family and all the ease of America. Its hard to put words to what life is like here, but its really not easy and I'm really not looking forward to this year. So it would really mean a lot to have you awesome encourager's on my side.
I'm sorry Kara Bear. Hope things go better. :hugs2

Speaking of being behind on the reading...................

:heehee

It's okay, I don't mind being a lazy bum. Speaking of which I need to clean my room and organize my homework.
JesusPuppy wrote:I think I might be needing glasses. Just read the comment below that song... where it states the family's name and the song, "Buctot family singing "God Will Take Care of You".. and thought it said "Boycot family singing".. :lol:

I was like.. why would anyone want to do that. :roll:

:lol: I need sleep. :mrgreen:
I read it as Butcot and thought, "What an awful name..."
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:30 pm

I read Buctot and first thought it said buttock and then when I read it COrrECtLY I thought of tim's nickname ButtBot :lol:

and... my new Bible came today :D

and... we're supposed to get snow on Tuesday and Wednesday and we keep hearing the terms "Nor'easter" and "Blizzard"

WOO! :mrgreen:
Dum Spiro Spero

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:25 pm

Kara, praying for joy to come from unexpected places. I echo Becky that I'd love to have more of a snapshot of your life in Thailand.

My family is going to go see Narnia tonight. SisJ can't come because she gets migrains from too much sound and lights and vibration. :( But my parents, oldest sister, and a friend of mine are going to go. I hope the 3D doesn't make me too dizzy, but I want to try it. We only go to the theater about once a year, so it's always a treat. :)
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Did you guys hear about the shooting this morning in Arizona? I guess someone shot up a political event, killed a judge and about seven other people, including a little girl. A Representative and a bunch of others are in critical condition.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Sparrow wrote:Did you guys hear about the shooting this morning in Arizona? I guess someone shot up a political event, killed a judge and about seven other people, including a little girl. A Representative and a bunch of others are in critical condition.
I did but I heard it was outside of a grocery store and that it was a 9 yr old boy, now the story says child so I don't know if it is a boy or girl.
Dum Spiro Spero

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:50 pm

Sparrow wrote:Did you guys hear about the shooting this morning in Arizona? I guess someone shot up a political event, killed a judge and about seven other people, including a little girl. A Representative and a bunch of others are in critical condition.
Yes, I've been hearing about it all day. They found the guy's YouTube channel if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:18 pm

He sounds a wee bit neurotic based on that first video that pops up... and considering what he's done. :roll:
Dum Spiro Spero

kimhamlin
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Post by kimhamlin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:14 pm

First of all, I have to say my heart goes out to those families that lost that little 9 yr old today and to the others that lost family members. It overwhelmingly angers me that the media immediately started spreading the false rumor that the gunman was a "right-winger" and a "tea party activist". Turns out, that two of his favorite books are Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto. It's no wonder that the mainstream media is going bankrupt. Ugh!

Okay, now that I've gotten that off my chest...

@Amy, I can't wait for comments! What is hinting and brick throwing? That doesn't sound very fun! :? Also, glad you are feeling better and hope you have a blast at the movies!

@Ms. Barbie, Congrats on first week in intermediate! I have started in beginners and will be glad to stay there for awhile, and know I will learn a lot. I've always written, but besides small writing groups, I've never written for the public besides my blog.

@Tiara, glad you are feelin' better, hope you can keep from getting sick long enough to recover fully. If you are not a vitamin-taker, I recommend it while you are trying to get better at least. It might help boost your immune system and try to make sure you get extra rest.

@Pup, I'm ready for those 40 questions, the weekend is a great time to get them!

@Kara in Thailand, how cool! Sorry you are possibly homesick and I take it that this is not your first trip? Mission work? Will be praying regardless that you are lifted up and feel better soon.

@Becky, what kind of Bible did you get? I am an unintentional Bible collector :D It's almost become somewhat of a joke with my family and friends regarding how many Bibles I have. I belonged to a Bible study group for a while where one of the members (a pastor) said that whatever seed we sow, we generate that same seed. He used the example of a gun of his that he had given away to a young man that really wanted it and was just ecstatic about the gift. Then, he described how he started to obtain all these different kinds of guns, through gifts or happenstance. Not long after that, I gave someone, who really needed it, an extra Bible I had. I wasn't even thinking of Pastor Jim's gun story, but amazingly, I started getting all these Bibles! I found a Bible at church and when no one collected it in Lost & Found, it was returned to me. I was given two gifts of Bibles right after that, and then two more Bibles were given to me by people that had moved on to a more preferable version. It was just ridiculous, so now I have all these Bibles, which is great, but I just thought it was so funny, especially after the gun story....anyway, now that I have this collection, I'm just curious about the different versions and the designs of them.

Sorry for the book, hope everyone is doing good tonight!

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:24 pm

I had gotten an NIV Bible with left over Christmas money.

I have a lot of Bibles too... I think this one makes my tenth or so. I'm not sure how many exactly. I had an extra Women's devotional bible I had given away this past Christmas at the white elephant exchange at church and the woman who got it (she doesn't know it came from me) was absolutely ecstatic about it! I was so happy that she was so happy.
Dum Spiro Spero

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks all of you for your encouragement, you all are so very awesome. I survived Day 1 alright and seem to be getting over jet-lag pretty ok. Aiden has been somewhat clingy especially at night. So I've been letting him sleep with us, which is great except when he wakes up in the middle of the night and thinks it would be fun to jump all over me and stand on my hair :roll:

Beakers- glad you finally got your new Bible!

Kim- I've been living here for about 8 1/2 years, first with my parents now with my husband. I think I'm just getting to that point where I am ready for something different.

Edweird- As I have lived a large portion of my life here, would it still be considered a foreign country??? :mrgreen: I guess I'm feeling the same as you, I just happen to live in what you think would be an exciting exotic place. But to me, its just where I live. Its times like these where its easy to focus on my own life and forget God has a purpose for me.

Barb- that video was super cute. Thanks for sharing- hope you are doing well, sorry your trip to Colorado wasn't what you were hoping.

I didn't hear about the shooting- sounds awful!
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

tonguethaid

Post by tonguethaid » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:43 pm

AnneRene' wrote:
tonguethaid wrote:Hello all. So I like having a thumbs up, even though I am really behind on the reading. I guess traveling does that. I am back in Thailand, its 8:30pm and I am struggling to stay awake. Jet lag really is no fun. Speaking of no fun the flight over here really is no fun, actually its super miserable, but I survived.

Two days before we left I went out and got a last minute hair chop. I was pretty close to being able to donate to locks of love, but I would have had to take about an inch more off than I really wanted. Its pretty short now as is.

I will have to catch up on all the missed pages some other time, but if you guys think of me could you pray for me? I am having a really hard time with coming back to Thailand. I miss my family and all the ease of America. Its hard to put words to what life is like here, but its really not easy and I'm really not looking forward to this year. So it would really mean a lot to have you awesome encourager's on my side.
Hey little Sushi-girl...you're return to Thailand and your heavy heart, was on my heart about a week ago and ever since. I understand 'somehow' what you are feeling. I went to Hawaii for 2 months, to live and it was an adjustment coming back. Anyway...it's going to take you a week or two to start feeling 'normal' again and after that, just remember that God knows your heart and miracles really do come true! :)....even I want you to come back home, so keeping all of that in my prayers sweetie. As for being behind....no worries....all of us have things going on but we're all going to get caught up, get behind, get caught up and then get behind some more, so don't sweat it.
Luv, Hugs and Prayers, forever & ever!
Thanks Holly. I just hope I can overcome this so I dont go back to my usual slump and depression. Its like you dont realize how miserable you were until you aren't miserable anymore, and can see that maybe this isn't how life "just is". This time I think will be different.

And Amy and Becky- I will work on that story as my next project once we get settled. Amy, your cousin picked us up from the airport- he's such a nice guy! :D
♥Kara

“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched” ~ Henry David Thoreau

"If you are a dreamer,come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" ~ Shel Silverstein

Return to “The Water Cooler”