Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

IvyKat
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by IvyKat » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:07 am

Ugh, I feel like I'm dying. I get dizzy a lot anyway, like every day, but it's gotten a lot worse in the past week. At dinner tonight, while laughing, I started feeling like I was hyperventilating and had to shut my eyes and grab the table to keep from falling out of my chair. And my heart pounds frantically for no reason at random times, and I've been on the verge of throwing up since Monday. Bleargh.

Sorry for complaining, I know you all are way worse off than me, it was funny though, while I was making my appointment the nurse asked me if I could be pregnant. :lol: You know what they say...

Sorry if this is inappropriate, my inappropriate-meter is all wack right now. I gotta go lay down before I fall down. Talk to you all tomorrow.
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 am

Well Fred you never know... God has done better with less to work with.

So, hey... it could happen. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:28 am

JesusPuppy wrote:A nick-name for Kim.. hummmmm.. Have to think on this one. As we don't know her too well yet, don't want to scare her off, you know. :roll:
Hamlet... ok ok I will keep thinking on it.

JesusPuppy Profile

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:35 am

Ivy, take your pulse laying down, and then take it a few minutes after standing up. I wonder if you have postural tachycardia like I have. Mine mostly is not severe but acts up sometimes and I get syptoms like you're describing. Do you almot black out every time you stand up?

Your pulse should be around 70 when you are awake but not excersizing, and should be about the same laying down (but not asleep). But if it jumps up 30 beats per minute when you stand and is above 100, then you might have postural tachycardia. When mine's acting up then my pulse is about 90 laying down and 130 when standing, and gets as high as 160 after a hot shower.

Basically it just means your body isn't working right to counteract gravity, so your heart has to beat extra-fast to get blood into your brain when you're standing. It's not serious, but just causes annoying side effects.

Kim, totally agree with what you said to Holly. I think it's healthy to ask God our questions and not feel guilty about talking to Him about what we don't understand, as long as it's done respectfully.

As for Abram sinning and still being righteous, look at King David. He was called a man after God's own heart, yet he had a man killed so he could take the wife for his own. That's one thing I love about the Bible. It doesn't make the good people all rosy and perfect, but shows them as they really are--imperfect sinners who are saved by their belief in God, not by their good deeds (though ideally our belief should make us strive to be good).

As for all the "killing", there are times when God asked His soldiers to kill every man, woman, and child in a city. It's sometimes hard for me to understand, too, but He gives everyone a choice to follow Him, and if they choose not to then He allows them that fate.

Shann, arrrgggg! Doctors can be so stupid sometimes. Why do they have to make everything harder for us and themselves? :( Praying things go well tomorrow, dispite all.

My day was long, but it went fine. :) I'm tired and sore but made it through. I decided not to accept the morning Tue, Thurs class. It was four extra hours of work a week, plus there would be five hours between my morning job and evening job that day, so I'd either be driving back and forth or staying at the college all day. Anyway, thanks for praying for wisdom.

The class was kinda funny... the classroom was set up so the whole back wall was almost solid white board and the teacher used the whole thing. If I sat off in the corner at the end of the board, then the Deaf student had to turn back and forth in order to look between me and the teacher and board, so that didn't work. It would have been easiest if I could have stood near the teacher and moved as she moved down the board, but I can't stand that long, so I took my chair and every time the teacher filled one part of the board, I'd scoot the chair down. So we'd move up and down the wall that way, scooting sideways a few feet every few minutes. :lol: It was a little silly, but allowed me to take care of myself and be in a better place for the client.

Oh, and I met the youth pastor of that other church that is hiring me. Seems like a cool church and cool ministry. They are trying to make the youth ministry more family-orientated, so I like that. Looking forward to interpreting the children's event.

Now I get my weekend. :P I have Fridays and Saturdays off instead of Sat and Sun, since I'm interpreting at my church Sunday.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:01 am

Ya... wierd weeks huh, at least yours is only a day off. Me... my Friday is on Wednesday, and and Monday falls on most peoples friday.. :roll:

What an awkward world. But it's ok, as I am already crazy It don't bother me much... I say Much. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:18 am

My throat hurts again...ugghhh!!!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

kimhamlin
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Asbury

Post by kimhamlin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:53 am

Kim I'm glad you haven't gone running screaming in the opposite direction. My son was thinking of going to Asbury for Seminary ( near Lexington) but he's still not sure.

I hope he does!! It's a great school, I'm sure he'll be glad he did! I dream of taking classes there some day. You never get too old to learn!

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:51 am

It snowed a little last night and there is a dusting on everything. Of course in our little town and area it means car accidents every where and figures most of them are happening on the rt. my mom has to go down to get to work. So, I suspect she may be late getting to work.

Ivy- I get dizzy every day too and it happens at random times. I usually feel nauseous when I'm dizzy so I have to lay down, which sometimes doesn't help and sometimes it does.

The dog is crying I guess I have to let her out.

I'm still tired and all :shock:
Dum Spiro Spero

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:51 am

January 7

VERSE OF THE DAY

"If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you." – Matthew 6:14

New Testament: Matthew 6:1-18
Old Testament: Genesis 18-19

1. SHELLYKINS :thumbs
2. BUTTONS :thumbs
3. AMY :thumbs
4. SHANNIKINS :thumbs
5. KARA :thumbs
6. BEAKERS :thumbs
7. TIARA :thumbs
8. SEEMA :thumbs
9. PATTY :thumbs
10. BOO :thumbs
11. ME :thumbs

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:13 am

JesusPuppy wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:A nick-name for Kim.. hummmmm.. Have to think on this one. As we don't know her too well yet, don't want to scare her off, you know. :roll:
Hamlet... ok ok I will keep thinking on it.
As for meself...I LOVE "Hamlet"....how about you Kim-Kim?
And Ivykins....you DO have an appt with the Dr?...right? And your 99.9 effective picture was adorable and NOT inappropriate....so there! As for feeling whacked out....it's just hormones. :heehee

Shannikins....you should be at the Dr's now and or out of your appointment and HOPEFULLY getting admitting for IV therapy. Waiting to hear honeykins.

Garfield.(Barb)..been 'reeeeeally' thinkin' 'bout you and hoping your week is almost over, but then again, I know you are just about on call 24/7. Continuing to pray that all the ugly goes away and you have a warm, peaceful, snuggly, weekend off.
To all the rest of you munchkins...

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi all! Work has been peaceful this week! Thank God and all of you praying.

I did something to myself on Sunday and now the right side of my neck, shoulder and arm are painful, like pulled muscles. I have used ice packs, hot packs and lots of Tylenol. It just won't go away. I have been very lax in my work this week because of it, so grateful no issues going on.

And now I have to go the dentist this afternoon. Talk about adding insult to injury :)
Barb Culler

Rebecky

Post by Rebecky » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:06 pm

I had to go over and help my grandmother out some this morning. We were mostly outside and my fingers got so cold.

I'm home now and ready to take a nap or something... I have a pretty nasty headache again. :(
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:34 pm

IvyKat wrote:Ugh, I feel like I'm dying. I get dizzy a lot anyway, like every day, but it's gotten a lot worse in the past week. At dinner tonight, while laughing, I started feeling like I was hyperventilating and had to shut my eyes and grab the table to keep from falling out of my chair. And my heart pounds frantically for no reason at random times, and I've been on the verge of throwing up since Monday. Bleargh.

Sorry for complaining, I know you all are way worse off than me, it was funny though, while I was making my appointment the nurse asked me if I could be pregnant. :lol: You know what they say...

Sorry if this is inappropriate, my inappropriate-meter is all wack right now. I gotta go lay down before I fall down. Talk to you all tomorrow.
I'm glad you joked because my first thought was pregnancy, then anemia, then I was going to ask you if you've ever had a concussion or even 2 in your life. Post-concussion Syndrome is something the doctors have finally started taking its seriously. I'm glad you are wise enough to goto the doctors. Would you believe there are people out there who really need to see the doctor but end up in a panic attack and cancel their appointment? Ridiculous I know:)
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:01 pm

Tiara sorry about the sore throat a while back when I had an awful cold, I discovered fruit bars. I hate Popsicles and ice cream gunks up your throat, but I think maybe Dole makes the kind I like but it's pure fruit and juice and frozen like a popsicle, My favorites are Strawberry then next is peach. They're kind of expensive I now that I think about it I don't think it's Dole that I like so much but I can't remember what it is called.

Needless to ray I didn't go to doctor. We got a $14,000 hospital bill from Sept. that is due upon receipt. These insurance problems are happening to so many people because of Obama's Health Care Bill. Insurances are trying to prepare so they are Kicking as many clients as possible to the curb. But I don't want to get into a political debate so I'll just say AUGH then keep quiet.

Amy glad to hear the class went well and that you are figuring out what will work best for you.

Guess what! It's the beginning of one of my favorite times of the year! Tax season! I love doing my taxes I even help out a couple of friends.So maybe I'll be able to start mine soon and it'll distract me from my pain. I should call my one friend who runs a daycare from her home because she has all of her info and doesn't need to wait for the W-2 to be mailed. I'm a little nervous about Chris' because this is his first year at this company and he doesn't have much withheld But it's better to have our money than to let the government collect interest on it. I just don't think our refund will be as big.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Sparrow

Post by Sparrow » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Shann, God will work out the bills. You need to get yourself to a doctor.

Holly, I didn't actually do the reading yesterday with my busy day. I'll catch up on both days today.

Barb, arrgg, I sympathize with you. My tweeked back is almost back to normal but not quite. Hope yours heals quickly.

Tiara, do you think it's a sore throat from a post-nasal drip (or are you just getting sick again)? Try some allergy meds and/or a netti pot to clear out your sinuses. I finally had to get a prescription nasal spray and that helps some.

Becky, I'm always tired, too. I know it's a bummer. When is your jury duty suppose to start?

Hey Mr. Weird Schedule Pup, I finally mailed your thumb drive back to you yesterday, so you should get it next week.
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Return to “The Water Cooler”