Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

Rebecky
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by Rebecky » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:43 pm

Holly- I hope this helps about the Abram/righteous thing...

Like I said he did tell a half truth by saying that Sarai was his sister. She is his half-sister but he lied by keeping the truth about her being his wife.

The righteous part has more to do with having faith in God. this is what my Bible defines "Righteous"
Righteous(ly): Of God, an absolute quality of moral standards; of man, a limited or relative quality, corresponding to a standard of rightness or obligations to God and other persons.
Abram demonstrated his faith through his actions it was his belief in the Lord that made him right with God.

Romans 4:5 "However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness." (you can also read Romans 4:1-5)

I believe the gist of this is saying that Abram was righteous because of his belief in God. He didn't lie because he was not righteous but because he is still a sinner and he was scared- forgetting Gods promise of protection or at least letting the fear ruled him, and his problems got worse after he lied.

Anyway, Abram was righteous because of his belief in God... which leads me to believe that we are all also righteous because of our belief and faith in God as well.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:47 pm

I'm suppose to go to the doctor's office today if I'm not doing better. But the insurance won't pay and what's he going to do tell me to tough it out again?

I'm ready to say some very inappropriate words and just give up. I know the sores wont stop coming until I get IV meds it's only been 22 years and 3 days since I first got sick what could I possibly know about the last half of my life? Time to stop fighting.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:13 pm

Dont you even. You go to the doctor as you should and keep holding on.

And that is an order!
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:16 pm

ShannIKINS and Beakers....Thanks for your insight....both honestly helped me. When I feel tormented with others suffering, (including animals):oops: I have to remind myself that these are "human" emotions I feel, not God's and or the animals. Sometimes I think that what we see as humans when other's suffer....those suffering are not experiencing what we are in imagining ourselves in the same position. And yes, you're right ShannIKINS...I do find comfort in reminding myself that there is just so much we don't yet know.

Break...Okay Kim....NOW you really know how crazy some of us are! (especially me) :heehee

Anyway, Beakers, as soon as I started reading your explanation about Abraham and Sarah....my spirit IMMEDIATELY jumped for joy in understanding that although the circumstances of Sarah being taken by the King, were horrendous, Abraham was STILL faithful in knowing that God would in His faithfulness, make it all turn out in Abrahams favor. WOW...good lesson on not doubting God, no matter what we get ourselves into. And the part about Noah being human (making mistakes, being fearful and so on) was awesome and again, about Noah's faithfulness to and in God.

Thanks Guys!

And Shannikins I know, I ALWAYS feel guilty now whenever I call someone "ikins"....honest! And so, until I come up with something else to call everyone until they have a nickname....I will make your "ikins" bold. :mrgreen: I'll work on it. I know I use it a lot with Amykins but it just sounds SO CUTE....so I'll work on only calling her Sparrow.

Sorry about the whole Dr. bit and yep...you're right....you do know you're own body and it sounds to me like the Dr. feels trapped trying to admit you with all of the insurance stuff....HOWEVER, how about trying to get an in-home I.V. with a visiting nurse. Won't medicare approve that since they do have SOME obligation? Maybe you should call a local news station and tell them what's going on and that if you die from not being able to get proper medical care for...both Medicare and B/C-B/S are going to be sued. At least they wouldn't want the media exposing them publicly. I've seen it work for a friend of mine. Just a thought honey. My heart is with you.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Shann wrote:I'm suppose to go to the doctor's office today if I'm not doing better. But the insurance won't pay and what's he going to do tell me to tough it out again?

I'm ready to say some very inappropriate words and just give up. I know the sores wont stop coming until I get IV meds it's only been 22 years and 3 days since I first got sick what could I possibly know about the last half of my life? Time to stop fighting.
Hey Missey! I just saw this post and now I want to know you are okay and THAT'S an order....pretty pleeeease? Image I'm thinking you may have gone to the Dr's so I'll wait patiently... :roll: until about 7 pm your time, which will be 4 our time.

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:42 pm

I have an appointment tomorrow at 11:00 Whether will actually go is another story. The sores are so bad and disgusting, they may have found IV access last week, but now there is more sore than skin, which is why I wanted to start it last week. the pain is making me puke, and it's much harder to get an IV in a dehydrated person. Sorry about the whinging. (It's such a cool British word it makes whining little brats a good visual. I imagine whinging is the sound they make when the frustrated adult whacks the brat and she goes whinging across the room.)See what happens when I read British authors. I use words like cheeky and whinging)
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Post by Shann » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Who has the words to Blue Moon stuck in their heads? And who has a good idea for the challenge ? Like Shann isn't waiting for a Blue Moon to goto the doctor, she's Waiting for a purple one :mrgreen:

Here are the lyrics to the song.

Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone,
Without a dream in my heart,
Without a love of my own,
Blue moon, you knew just what I was there for,
You heard me saying a prayer for,
Someone I could care for,

And then there suddenly appeared before me,
Someone my arms could really hold,
I heard you whisper "Darling please adore me,"
And when I looked to the moon it had turned to gold,

Blue moon, now I'm no longer alone,
Without a dream in my heart,
Without a love of my own.

And then there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever hold
heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when I looked the Moon had turned to gold

Blue moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own

Blue moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Sparrow wrote:Speaking of which, I still am not sure who Buttons is. Is that Lauren, whom I call Wren?
Yes, and dont forget Bomber.. :heehee

I hear ya Kiddo, the Post Office is a mess. And.. it seems the more you pay the longer it takes sometimes... what's with that? :roll:

Hiya Kim, and welcome to the group. Don't let the others fool you, there is absolutely nothing wrong with any one in this wonderful group of people... (there do you think she bought it?)

Feeling a LOT better than last week, not quite whole but better. Been a nice morning for a change, sunny even, so I went for a ride. Was amazed at the high-tide today, way higher than I have seen in a while. Not many people out and about, for such a sunny day. True, school being in still cuts the kids out, but there should be more people out enjoying the nice weather while they can.

Oh well, back to being lazy and watching videos. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Shann wrote:I have an appointment tomorrow at 11:00 Whether will actually go is another story. The sores are so bad and disgusting, they may have found IV access last week, but now there is more sore than skin, which is why I wanted to start it last week. the pain is making me puke, and it's much harder to get an IV in a dehydrated person. Sorry about the whinging. (It's such a cool British word it makes whining little brats a good visual. I imagine whinging is the sound they make when the frustrated adult whacks the brat and she goes whinging across the room.)See what happens when I read British authors. I use words like cheeky and whinging)
Did you tell your Dr. that and if he knows this, then why is he making you come in...just for the exercise? He knows how much pain it causes you to needlessly make a trip. Now you got me going! Praying for a miracle Shannikins that you do have a strong spot for the IV...somewhere. Oh, and thanks for the words to Blue Moon....I LOVE that song and as soon as you said it I started singing it....but don't know all of the word, :roll:...so was relieved to see them!

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:13 pm

kimhamlin wrote:Hi Pacific Coast! I'm in Ky, but posted on a section to AnneRene and she invited me to check you all out.

I originally hit a new discussion instead of reply so that my post when in to the general USA area, ugh! I'm still trying to get this forum thing figured out. It's easier than Wordpress, so I don't know what my malfunction is.

I used to live in Tacoma, WA when I was stationed at Ft. Lewis, and I still think of Seattle as one of my favorite cities in our great country!

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Pacific, and wish you all well. Can't wait to get to know everyone, have a great night!
HI KIM!! We need to get you a nickname ASAP! I'm Ivy, but you can call me Sweet Pea or Fred or... well, the list is right down there. ---v I'm going to school in Seattle right now as a freshmanjunior, but I'm originally from Portland (or tha P-tizzy, as we gangstas call it). (Sorry friend-bobs, but my friend Amanda Jane has been calling me a gangsta for the last couple of weeks and I've been unconsciously taking on the persona. I'm so urban you don't even know. She also calls me Irvs, which is short for Irving, so I'm adding it to the list.)

So I declared my major yesterday! I'm officially on track to graduate in Spring of 2012 with a bachelor's in Linguistics! Which means I'm going to have to start applying to graduate schools this year. :shock: I'm too young for this sort of thing, I tell you. I'm barely even a grown-up. :? Well, not really at all, actually.

Now I have to go call the doctor because I've been having an irregular heartbeat and my mom says I need to go get it checked out in case I'm dying of some horrible disease.

Shennanikins, I hope you feel better, sweetie. Hollypop, WOOHOO on your grades and don't ever feel bad about questions. I just read a great book about doubt called "Reaching for the Invisible God". I highly recommend it. Also, think of David, who is continually called "a man after God's own heart", but broke pretty much all of the 10 commandments including murder and adultery.

I'm off................

Bye
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Hiya Fred. 8)

A nick-name for Kim.. hummmmm.. Have to think on this one. As we don't know her too well yet, don't want to scare her off, you know. :roll:

JesusPuppy Profile

kimhamlin
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

I can't keep up!

Post by kimhamlin » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi everyone! If it wasn't already after 10 pm for me, I would definitely go back and read every post that I've just read and start tracking who said what and address every post. However, seeing as how I have to be up at 5:30 (yes, they have one in the a.m. too, unfortunately) I will hold back this time. However, I do promise to get to know everyone better! Y'all cracked me up, made me sad and made me thoughtful in just a few minutes of reading, it was great!

I will say this, for all of you who are sick/ill/suffering from medical conditions, I just want to say "hang in there"! I can't imagine having to put up with an illness or a medical condition, work, go to school and find time to write as well, so my heart and prayers go out for you.

For the someone, can't remember who, who doesn't have their license yet, you gotta get it! I had a horrible car accident in 1997 and wasn't able to drive for six months. It was hard getting in that car again, but you have to do it, otherwise, you are a prisoner. Don't continue to do that to yourself.

And for AnneRene, I believe it was you struggling with Abram's lie and the heart of God....if I'm wrong about that please feel free to correct me. Know this, we can never understand the mind and heart of God, it's not meant for us to know. We can't handle His knowledge. The lies of Abram, Isaac and Jacob, the sins of all our Bible heroes, are there for us so that we know that even though we sin, we still have hope. Thank God! I've had trouble understanding the motives, actions, etc., of God myself, we all do. Don't feel guilty about that, tell Him how you feel. Respectfully, of course, but do it! His Spirit communicates with your Spirit and He will give you all the knowledge you can handle. He knows we have questions, He wants to talk to Him about them. But, He also knows how much knowledge we can handle. If you don't have it, that means you don't need it. Amen?

Already lovin' you all, have a wonderful night, can't wait to spend more time gettin' to know you. Thank you, thank you so much for your hospitality!!!

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:03 am

I'm getting ready for bed but just wanted to pop in real quick. Ivy you amaze me that you will graduate next year! My son is graduating then too. I know you did HS andcollege together and Lyd will have something like 40 credits when she starts college bit I can't imagine her finishing that quickly. She and Q will both graduate in 2012. Lyd from HS when Q graduated HS M graduated from grad school and I tried to throw them one party then said I could double up again when Q and Lyd graduate but Q wanted his own party and so does Lyd! Kids!

Q is looking at Seminaryschools and figuring out what schools require the boards to get into grad school. M managed to apply to just one grad school and didn't ave to take the GREs ( Graduate Readiness Exams). She lucked out cuz she's not great taking tests even though she got incredible grades in grad school but she has learning disabilities and didn't do well on the SAT. In fact when she graduated HS she was reading at a middle school level and with hard work she got through grad school with an almost perfect average!

Q did great in college but struggled in HS. Now Lyd does great in HS and Ihope shell be ok incollegr

All of this is to say I'm impressed Ivy. You tooHolly I can't imagine how hard it would be to go back to school.

How'd the job go Amy?

Patty haven't seen you in a while Ihope you're doing okay!

Barb I hope things are better at work.

Kim I'm glad you haven't gone running screaming in the opposite direction. My son was thinking of going to Asbury for Seminary ( near Lexington) but he's still not sure.

Pup glad you're doing better!

Lauren have you started back to school yet?

Becky, Shelley, Tim, and Tiara just want to say hi and love you.

Seema laptop fixed yet?

One more thing today is my one year anniversary!!!!!!!!

Good night all. Let you know if I make it tothe diva tomorrow.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Shann

Post by Shann » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:11 am

I'm getting ready for bed but just wanted to pop in real quick. Ivy you amaze me that you will graduate next year! My son is graduating then too. I know you did HS andcollege together and Lyd will have something like 40 credits when she starts college bit I can't imagine her finishing that quickly. She and Q will both graduate in 2012. Lyd from HS when Q graduated HS M graduated from grad school and I tried to throw them one party then said I could double up again when Q and Lyd graduate but Q wanted his own party and so does Lyd! Kids!

Q is looking at Seminaryschools and figuring out what schools require the boards to get into grad school. M managed to apply to just one grad school and didn't ave to take the GREs ( Graduate Readiness Exams). She lucked out cuz she's not great taking tests even though she got incredible grades in grad school but she has learning disabilities and didn't do well on the SAT. In fact when she graduated HS she was reading at a middle school level and with hard work she got through grad school with an almost perfect average!

Q did great in college but struggled in HS. Now Lyd does great in HS and Ihope shell be ok incollegr

All of this is to say I'm impressed Ivy. You tooHolly I can't imagine how hard it would be to go back to school.

How'd the job go Amy?

Patty haven't seen you in a while Ihope you're doing okay!

Barb I hope things are better at work.

Kim I'm glad you haven't gone running screaming in the opposite direction. My son was thinking of going to Asbury for Seminary ( near Lexington) but he's still not sure.

Pup glad you're doing better!

Lauren have you started back to school yet?

Becky, Shelley, Tim, and Tiara just want to say hi and love you.

Seema laptop fixed yet?

One more thing today is my one year anniversary!!!!!!!!

Good night all. Let you know if I make it tothe diva tomorrow.
Shann

Shann's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:53 am

Shann's post was sooooooo good, she had to say it twice. :heehee

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”