Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

User avatar
JesusPuppy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 3520
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:57 am
Location: Third rock from the sun..
Contact:

Post by JesusPuppy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Good for you Bubbles, but don't you dare be off for more than a day. You know how... Umm Shann will miss you. Can't have that now can we. :wink:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

OKGuardianAngel
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:52 am
Contact:

Post by OKGuardianAngel » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Can I sneak in here and ask a question? If I were to look for a job in the Spokane, WA area, what would be the best source for that? Just wondering...

Okay... sneaking back to the middle of the country now... ;-)

*Pops head back in* - Oh and hope you all are having a great day! :-)

Bye now. :-)

User avatar
Sparrow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Post by Sparrow » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Giddy is good! :D

Angel, Hi! Sorry, I don't have a good answer to your question other than maybe Google it and check the listings at Craigs list. But really the best thing is just to turn in applications at the kinds of places you are interested in. What kind of job are you looking for?
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

User avatar
BusBoss
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:50 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Post by BusBoss » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:19 pm

Here you go Shann 8)

1. How many people did you date until you met and decided Pam was the right one?
Not many. Really depends on your definition of date, but either way it’s single digits.

2. Did you go to college and if so where and what for?
Ventura Community College pursuing a computer science degree

3. Did you know Pup you and I are all about the same age(within a year or so) and does it surprise you that we are all from that same era(I was in HS class of 83 and I think Pup was 84) ?
Would it surprise you that I am just under a month older than you?

4. Boxers, briefs, tighty whities, or the boxer brief combo?
Briefs

5. Do you still have to take the bus driver test every year ?
The school bus test is every 5 years and it’s a written and a driving test … and yes, I still take it.

6. When's the last time you drove a bus with kids in it?
Friday morning

7. Do you like driving better or what you're doing now better?
I like them both, but the training is a bit more challenging so I would take it over just driving the kids.

8. Did you ever coach any of your son's sport teams?
My son is not athletically inclined … I’ve coached kids in bowling and assisted with softball, but it is really not my forte.

9. Where did you grow up?
Ventura County Ca … I’ve never left the area.

10. Which one is the stricter parent and which one is the softy?
I’m 51.2% strict and 48.8% softy and Pam is the opposite … really depends on the situation.

11. Did you spend time with grandparents as a kid?
Very little. I never met my mother’s father and I think I only met her mother once. We visited my father’s parents a few times, but it was a several hour drive so we didn’t do it often.

12. How do you get along with your in-laws?
My father-in-law passed away a few years ago. I love them both dearly, but my mother in law is very demanding of Pam and that puts a lot of stress on Pam, so I resent that a bit … But I get along with her fine. She doesn’t understand my sense of humor too much, but oh well.

13. Where you a mischievous youngster?
I was usually an instigator. I learned to defend myself (verbally … quick wit) at a very young age because I was the youngest of 8 kids and my nearest sibling is 4 years older than me … so I had to be faster, smarter and better than kids 4 years older than me … but I got in trouble my share of times.

14. What is your favorite memory of being a father?
Too many to choose a specific one, but generally … The love – the bond … can’t explain it beyond that.

15. Are you a dog or cat person?
I like dogs a lot and would like to have another one. Cats have such unique personalities that they cause constant enjoyment … ok, 94% enjoyment and 6% frustration … so I always want to have at least one cat around the house.
Image

I don't care whether the glass is half full or half empty. I want to know what's in the glass!

One of these days I will stop biting the bullet ... I will put it back in my gun and shoot

OKGuardianAngel
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:52 am
Contact:

Post by OKGuardianAngel » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Sparrow...

I'm looking for anything related to quality assurance, testing, business analysis, or process improvement - and any and all of that related to software/information technology (because that's where my experience is at).

Because I'm trying to relocate (if I can find a job), I need something that's stable, long term, full time and pays enough that my parents won't worry about me being so far away. Unfortunately, I have almost no industry contacts there (that I'm aware of), and so it's making this a little challenging. Plus the fact that the job market there isn't all that great at the moment.

For now, I'm just trying to see what's available. What I've seen so far strikes out on one of the criteria (would fit my experience but isn't long term, etc.)... or when I submit an application I'm almost immediately getting rejection notices. It's a process... and it will take time, but I thought I'd see if any of you from up that way had any ideas. :-)

Thanks! :-)

User avatar
violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:47 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post by violin4jesus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Angel, a lot of companies are hard to get into right now because of the economy crunch - I know that all the big hospitals are restructuring, which means they're trying to move people around without firing them, so they're not hiring newbies if they can use current employees. But I'm not sure about other companies.

A great resource is Worksource: https://fortress.wa.gov/esd/worksource/ which is a major source of job recommendations in Washington. Also check the state, county, and city websites for job opportunities. Your skills could be put to use in all those areas.

User avatar
JoyAnn
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 1761
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:53 am
Location: Puyallup, WA

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:25 pm

You guys are cute and funny. My :( is because no one was on at that time.

so I could probably do a :( now and get away with it because I don't think anyone is on.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy


[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile
Image

User avatar
AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:08 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Yep....Terror is truly are little S T I N K A!

Image

Isn't the pose like TOTALLY TERROR? :heehee

User avatar
AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:08 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:41 pm

IvyKat wrote:I had a great time at church tonight! My friends Melanie and Sarah came and picked me up. On the way home we realized that we were all planning to go down to Portland/Vancouver eventually, so we're all going to drive together on the 22nd!! Yay! No Greyhound for me! I'm so exited, cause I miss my family bunches. :loveyou

One of my mom's old friends who lives here in Seattle has decided to do NaNoWriMo this year too! So we're going to go to a plot workshop on the 16th together. I'm super excited. I haven't seen her in forever, and I'm getting revved up about this ginormous undertaking. Even if I don't finish, I know I'll have fun participating. :D
Well, stay REVED Ivykins....I love seeing you so jazzed! Very cool about your new church and friends, not to mention no Greyhound bus! (not bashing busses, mind you Timmy-Tot) but, well...you know, they're good for short trips but a total bummer for long ones. Also very cool about doing Nano with your mom's friend....actually...toooooo cool, for her and you and hey even if you only get 1/4 of the way through, at least you went for it WHILE juggling school and your job...which btw....how is it going?

love you too Cutieikins!!!

b24bomb wrote:
Sparrow wrote:Ivy, sounds like things are going well for you, even if they are busy.

Lauren, hope you get some rest tonight! I've heard of a cleansing diet that is just fish and rice...I think. Something like that.
No fish for me, and the rice is just for the fiber, and it has to be brown rice.

Holly, I've heard of the Master Cleanse, and I'm considering it, but I want to do my research first. If I decide to do it, wanna do it together? :mrgreen:
Hi Buttons....been thinking about you and want to know how you're doing since Sunday. You may have posted yesterday or today but I'm just NOW getting caught up. As for the Master Cleanse...I just might and am going to ask my daughter (Kimi) as she's been wanting to do it like forever! I'll let you know. She's gonna be home for dinner (a rare event) she has to study so making mmmmmm good chicken tacos! I cook chicken breasts in the crock pot all day long and tear it apart (very tender at this point) and add basil and tons of garlic and the fry corn tortillas until edges are crispy and center is not so much and add either Parm cheese or Asiago with itty bitty tomatoes and lettuce and sour cream....anybody's mouth watering like mine is right now!?


JoyAnn wrote:Okay, Timmy-Tot I guess It's time to pass the torch. :(
Not to worry, once I get myself motivated, gonna bombard you and Shannikins with more questions, ya little munchkin hammer's! :)


JesusPuppy wrote:
Sparrow wrote:Uh, thanks for the vote of confidence, Holly. :wink: But no, really, what I love about my accomplishments is that it's so obvious it's GOD'S accomplishment and not mine. Read my blog post if you get a chance. :)

Thanks for the cheers, peeps.
That's why I knew you could.. God gave the idea to you, and your willingness to follow His leading, A win win project if you ask me. :mrgreen:
Sparrow wrote:Speaking of editing, now that I have that rough draft done I'll have to focus on finishing the editing job on Pup's sci-fi novel.
My book is not important, get your own work done, and then take care of yourself. That silly thing has been a work in progress for more than 25 years, a few more wont hurt it none. :roll:
Maybe so, but this heifer can't wait to read it!

JoyAnn wrote:
JesusPuppy wrote:Ok Tim.. my question for you...

How do YOU spice you Tomato soup..?



:heehee
YOU TURD!!! I was going to ask that!
YOUR BOTH TURDS....I WAS GONNA ASK THAT?


Ms. Barbie wrote:OUR Tim was interviewed on the FaithWriter's blog today! http://faithwriters.com/blog/2010/10/11 ... im-chezum/

YAY!

Holly, I know what you mean about the fur--it is all over my house. I keep my bed fully covered, even at the tip, so the fur stays off my pillows. (ahh-choo)

Today is Columbus Day. Whopee. My clients are all home from their day program, the banks and post offices are closed. It is not a paid holiday for me :( Do you get the holiday, Tim?

I am having a bit of a sore throat this morning. Will take a Clarita\in pill in hopes it is only allergy or sinus problems. (Did not sleep well. I guess because of the late, long nap and a lot of caffiene).



Well, need to get an early start today. Also, I need to have a mandatory staff meeting at one of my group homes to address on-going issues. :(
Ewwww, I just hit page 446, so gonna go work on dinner a bit and then read Timmy-Tot's interview and then be back......

User avatar
AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:08 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Oh Bummer....I just LOST MY first post to Timmy's interview because I forgot to copy before I went back a page...oh poooooooooooooooooh :(

Okay, I'm over whining and sniveling...Timmy-Tot...I can't wait to be one of the privileged ones to hear about your project but will wait patiently until you are ready, IF I have to. :roll:

And Barb...did your sore throat turn out to be allergies (I hope) and not a bug of some sort. And as for the not sleeping well...yep, long naps and caffeine just are not our friends when it comes to going nite-nite. Hopefully you will make up for it tonight.

BTW....how did your mandatory meeting go and was it on your day off?
JesusPuppy wrote:I didn't sleep to well last night either. Every time I tried I kept knocking stuff off the shelves, make noise and wake meself up. Then too as I was suppose to be working I guess it is not such a good thing to nap while doing so. :roll:


:heehee
LOL, I can actually picture that....half mast eyes jumping open to saucer eyes while the eyeballs roll around trying to focus!
Image

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:Okay, Timmy-Tot I guess It's time to pass the torch. :(
But I had another question for you... Do you believe in Aliens? I don't mean the fake ones hollywood paints up, but the real ones that are living in your neighborhood. :shock:

Okay...this is definitely too funny and I really did LOL...I started picturing Terror laughing and then stopping as she starting really thinking about her neighbors. :rolling

JesusPuppy wrote:
I'm thinking about doing a cleanse to kickstart my weight loss again. Does anyone know of any good ones?
Lava Soap is a good cleanser.... :roll:



Ok ok it is late and I should take a nap. (before someone kills me)

Nobody around here gonna kill you, I bet Shannikins has a time warp broom for such emergencies.
MEANING....you'd only be a witch Shannikins if somebody threatened someone you care about.
:heehee
And as for the LAVA Soap...man that stuff would peel steel paint off of freight-liners!


Hey, as I'm reading and writing here....listening to the rescue of those workers in Chili....isn't it absolutely unbelievable that they survived for so long. THANK GOD!
Last edited by AnneRene' on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IvyKat
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 759
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:52 am
Location: Stumptown

Post by IvyKat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Dearest Shann, thanks for sharing your story. I still have my cell phone alarm set for noon every day to pray for you. So whenever that is in your time zone, know that I'm praying for you. :hugs2

Butbott, love reading your answers. Um... :? I can't think of anything to ask you though. Okay, wait: what's your favorite animated movie?
Sparrow wrote:
BusBoss wrote:I am where I want to be. ...I enjoy what I do.
I can say from experience that makes life so much easier! While I enjoyed being a part of our home business, I hated being stuck in the office doing *shudder* paperwork. I like people and words, not office walls and numbers.
And that is weird, cause I am exactly the opposite :shock: I hate dealing with people. Paperwork is my forte. Isn't it funny how God makes people different?
AnneRene' wrote:Hi Guys, Buddy 'Ole Pals.....:) I'm feeling giddy and really DON'T KNOW WHY.

Anyway....just wanted to let y'all know that I'm doing good and to tell you that I took a HUGH PLUNGE in signing up for online schooling with Phoenix. I never dreamed I would even want to go back to school but felt God leading me and so, jumped in with mind, body and soul and now, pretty darn excited about it. I'm going for my AA with emphasis in Information Technology...towards a BA in Web Design. Don't know if I'll continue on with a BA but for now....it's all good.
I'm also in the process of getting signed up with the State for in-home care as a caregiver, so will be able to work the hours I need to and can work around my school hours and or work and do school around my work hours. So, bottom line, if I'm not around...it's not because I'm depressed, but just busy as most of you can relate to. I do promise tho....if I do get down in the dumps....I will run right on here, vent, cry and share what's up so y'all can lift my spirits with cyber hugs and prayers.

I plan on coming back on tonight and catch up on the posts so will comment accordingly, then.

Seema, thanks for thinkin 'bout me and Terror....what if anything is wrong? Hope it's not that I didn't ask you any questions 'cuz, I just haven't had it in me but realized I can ask questions "anytime" and don't think anyone will kick me off of here for being outta sync. Right Guys?

Luv, Hugs and Prayers until later
HOORAY!! Hollypop! Been thinking of you a lot lately. It's a big step. My stepfather started at community college two years ago (at the same time my older brother and I did). He's still going strong, planning on getting his degree in philosophy and teaching somewhere. So be encouraged -- YOU CAN DO IT. :loveyou



I had an epiphany today. I have been full of self-despite for a long time, not really understanding why anyone would ever want to be around me, seeing my own neediness, attention-seeking, awkwardness, and self-obsession. I've actually been very depressed lately because of it. (Don't protest, you guys don't really know me in real life and I swear it's true. I'm much better at writing than interacting in the real world.)

ANYWAY, I had a long, tiring day today, and on the way back from job training, I was walking through the Quad where there's all these beautiful trees, and it was sunny for once, and I just got so tired I was having trouble putting one foot in front of the other. So I stopped and collapsed under one of the trees and lay for a minute on my back with my eyes closed. When I opened my eyes, the beautiful green leaves were waving gently above me, and there was a soft breeze blowing, and the sun was shining just so, and suddenly the big bells started ringing out slowly and melodically because it was three o'clock. It was beautiful.

So I started praying, and this may sound obvious to all y'all, but it sort of came home to me that it doesn't MATTER what I'm like. God loves me, and not just in a general way, "oh, God loves everybody". No. God loves me personally, and He knows me intimately, all my quirks and talents and sins, and He is right there, even when it seems like I'm completely alone. He is ALWAYS there and He can use me in some way, just like He used Saul, the hateful persecutor of His people. And He wants me to focus on Him, not myself, which I have been doing to the exclusion of almost everything else. And when I start thinking "I hate myself, what the heck do I think I'm doing here, why do I think someone like me can just come here and pretend to be a grownup, I want to give up and hide in a corner and never talk to anyone ever ever again!!" I can just take a deep breath and say, "Jesus, help me focus on You." And He will. And He has so far today.

So I'm very happy right now, I guess is the point. Sorry for the ridiculously long post. I just wanted to share with someone. :)
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

Profile
That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

User avatar
Shann
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3814
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Western NY super rural

Post by Shann » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:38 pm

OKGuardianAngel wrote:Can I sneak in here and ask a question? If I were to look for a job in the Spokane, WA area, what would be the best source for that? Just wondering...

Okay... sneaking back to the middle of the country now... ;-)

*Pops head back in* - Oh and hope you all are having a great day! :-)

Bye now. :-)
You don't have to sneak. You're welcome here anytime. They had a vote and decided to let oddballs like me ( fromWestern NY) Kara (from Thailand but now visiting family in CO) and Leonie (from S Africa)

So I don't know the answer to your question for sure but I'd say check out Craig's List :D

Come on back now ya hear? (was that from Petticoat Junction or Hee Haw?) :heehee
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

User avatar
srashmi
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 710
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 7:32 pm
Contact:

Post by srashmi » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:52 pm

:welcome Misti.

Have you looked at Monster or Career Builder?

User avatar
AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Posts: 2067
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:08 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:59 pm

IvyKat wrote:Dearest Shann, thanks for sharing your story. I still have my cell phone alarm set for noon every day to pray for you. So whenever that is in your time zone, know that I'm praying for you. :hugs2

Butbott, love reading your answers. Um... :? I can't think of anything to ask you though. Okay, wait: what's your favorite animated movie?
Sparrow wrote:
BusBoss wrote:I am where I want to be. ...I enjoy what I do.
I can say from experience that makes life so much easier! While I enjoyed being a part of our home business, I hated being stuck in the office doing *shudder* paperwork. I like people and words, not office walls and numbers.
And that is weird, cause I am exactly the opposite :shock: I hate dealing with people. Paperwork is my forte. Isn't it funny how God makes people different?
AnneRene' wrote:Hi Guys, Buddy 'Ole Pals.....:) I'm feeling giddy and really DON'T KNOW WHY.

Anyway....just wanted to let y'all know that I'm doing good and to tell you that I took a HUGH PLUNGE in signing up for online schooling with Phoenix. I never dreamed I would even want to go back to school but felt God leading me and so, jumped in with mind, body and soul and now, pretty darn excited about it. I'm going for my AA with emphasis in Information Technology...towards a BA in Web Design. Don't know if I'll continue on with a BA but for now....it's all good.
I'm also in the process of getting signed up with the State for in-home care as a caregiver, so will be able to work the hours I need to and can work around my school hours and or work and do school around my work hours. So, bottom line, if I'm not around...it's not because I'm depressed, but just busy as most of you can relate to. I do promise tho....if I do get down in the dumps....I will run right on here, vent, cry and share what's up so y'all can lift my spirits with cyber hugs and prayers.

I plan on coming back on tonight and catch up on the posts so will comment accordingly, then.

Seema, thanks for thinkin 'bout me and Terror....what if anything is wrong? Hope it's not that I didn't ask you any questions 'cuz, I just haven't had it in me but realized I can ask questions "anytime" and don't think anyone will kick me off of here for being outta sync. Right Guys?

Luv, Hugs and Prayers until later
HOORAY!! Hollypop! Been thinking of you a lot lately. It's a big step. My stepfather started at community college two years ago (at the same time my older brother and I did). He's still going strong, planning on getting his degree in philosophy and teaching somewhere. So be encouraged -- YOU CAN DO IT. :loveyou



I had an epiphany today. I have been full of self-despite for a long time, not really understanding why anyone would ever want to be around me, seeing my own neediness, attention-seeking, awkwardness, and self-obsession. I've actually been very depressed lately because of it. (Don't protest, you guys don't really know me in real life and I swear it's true. I'm much better at writing than interacting in the real world.)

ANYWAY, I had a long, tiring day today, and on the way back from job training, I was walking through the Quad where there's all these beautiful trees, and it was sunny for once, and I just got so tired I was having trouble putting one foot in front of the other. So I stopped and collapsed under one of the trees and lay for a minute on my back with my eyes closed. When I opened my eyes, the beautiful green leaves were waving gently above me, and there was a soft breeze blowing, and the sun was shining just so, and suddenly the big bells started ringing out slowly and melodically because it was three o'clock. It was beautiful.

So I started praying, and this may sound obvious to all y'all, but it sort of came home to me that it doesn't MATTER what I'm like. God loves me, and not just in a general way, "oh, God loves everybody". No. God loves me personally, and He knows me intimately, all my quirks and talents and sins, and He is right there, even when it seems like I'm completely alone. He is ALWAYS there and He can use me in some way, just like He used Saul, the hateful persecutor of His people. And He wants me to focus on Him, not myself, which I have been doing to the exclusion of almost everything else. And when I start thinking "I hate myself, what the heck do I think I'm doing here, why do I think someone like me can just come here and pretend to be a grownup, I want to give up and hide in a corner and never talk to anyone ever ever again!!" I can just take a deep breath and say, "Jesus, help me focus on You." And He will. And He has so far today.

So I'm very happy right now, I guess is the point. Sorry for the ridiculously long post. I just wanted to share with someone. :)
I ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY LOVED WHAT YOU SHARED IVYKINS! On a cute and humorous note...the thing about you with whatever you feel is icky and unlovable and with quirks (which WE ALL HAVE)...you admit it....see, there's so many people who have their distinct and adorable "quirks" but it's those who deny they have them that makes it hard to love them. Look at our Shannikins....she KNOWS she's "unique" and we SO LOVE HER BECAUSE SHE'S SO DARN OPEN AND HONEST AND accepting of everyone else, no matter what. So remember that!
Okay, on a serious note....your so not alone honey, with all of your feelings. We all get depressed because the truth is....it STINKS feeling lonely and being alone AND you are feeling very typical of first year college students (oh hey...I guess I now qualify for those feeling too) :)...so we'll go through it together. But anyway...seriously...on top of being so close with your family, your also not close to home and can't pop home whenever you feel like it. I so admire your parents for having the atmosphere they have fostered all of you kids in and it is a blessing and has obviously made you the loving, caring, affectionate and lovable little creature that you are. Truth is...and don't anyone pee pee their pants....I am not only a loner, but extremely shy. For real...I just have this thing where I HAVE TO BE HONEST about everything because how I feel, is like this...if God knows EVERYTHING I think, then a mere man can handle it too and besides...my heart, BECAUSE OF Christ in me is loving and compassionate and I never am honest to hurt but only to help.

So anyway...another truth...if I didn't have all of you guys, I really wouldn't have anyone. No family besides Kimi and I really and truly (no joking) am one of those people that you HAVE to know, to love but when you do know me, you will love me. :)

Now it is I who wish I could jet on up there, surprise you, wrap you in a HUGE hug, go out to Denny's at midnight, crash afterwards like little piggies with full tummies and then come home and do it again whenever you needed it. Hope that puts a smile in your heart and on your face! It's all true!!!!

Oh and as for being grown up....it never happens to people like us here at the Rest-Stop which is why we're here. Just look at Pup and Shannikins to name a few. :heehee

Oh and one more thing...Love the description of the bells, the breeze, the leaves and your epiphany about how VERY, VERY VERY special you are to God and most definitely here for a purpose and Him using you in ALL SITUATIONS. Whew....I got kinda long winded there. :shock:

User avatar
Shann
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3814
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: Western NY super rural

Post by Shann » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Aah Ivy I so understand about not liking oneself. Your having your epiphany at a fairly young age so that's just a testament at how smart you really are.

Anyhow you all know the GOLDEN RULE "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Well I was literally in my mid twenties before I figured out that it wasn't a typo. I seriously thought someone messed up along the way. I mean why would Jesus want me to treat others like I treat myself. That was just messed up. I'd never treat anyone like I treat me.

Even now, I have no problem with the idea that Jesus can forgive say Hitler, but it's really hard for me to believe He can love me and forgive my atrocities that I've committed. It's a daily struggle for me.

I hope the next time you look in the mirror and think "yuck" that you remember today and the tree and know deep down that most people see the same beautiful Ivy that Jesus sees.

I do understand how hard that'll be, but it doesn't make it any less true. Just think if you can start reprogramming that awful internal dialog you have with yourself now instead of waiting until you're in your 40s like me, it'll be much easier. Oh it'll still be hard, but start stopping those thoughts now.

Tim I found it very hard to believe you Pup and I are all within a few months of each other. I pictured you and Pup quite a bit older than me for no reason other than you guys are so wise I figured you must have been on this earth for a while more than I have. But then just today I read that it isn't the number of birthdays one has celebrated that makes him wise or mature but more the experiences one has gone through. Though we all have lost someone we loved so much we wondered how we'd ever live without them there's a difference between losing a child, a fiancé, and a parent. So we are alike but also so different but that's good because I think that way we complement one another.

I love you alls.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Post Reply

Return to “The Water Cooler”