Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:42 pm

So Leah, are we talking 24 hour shifts? I sure hope not...I mean a week off would be cool but you and Ryan need your ni-nights together. If it is, well the up side is that you will reeeeeeeeally appreciate each other on your week off.

I sure do hope and pray for you to get the other job though. Only 2 more full days to wait and if you don't get it....then God is sparing you from something.

You have a full plate missy.....so do drive extra careful to your cousins.

btw...your pictures....OH MY GOSH....I can't even imagine what they cost you. They are beautiful and I haven't even gotten thru the first 100. My computer keeps freezing up. I'm making a list of my favorite ones and already have 20. You two are adorable together and you even look a little alike...for real.

Barb....thanks for your more thorough definitions....they kinda tickled me cuz I can see it but I have to say.....I never intentionally or even knowingly am aware when I "chop" someone, BUT can see it.....think it's just that I don't usually give a second thought to being honest and sometimes I hurt people's feelings and am not aware of it, but trying to be more conscientious. :)

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:38 am

Ms. Barbie wrote:Sorry, Seema. I did not mean to come across as judgemental. I was concerned that you did not really like your job. Go ahead and vent all you need! :) I am praying regarding your medical issues as well. That makes it hard to work when you are worried/don't feel well.

BTW, this is my 1000th post!
Barb, no apology needed. I didn't think you were being judgemental at all. I was just surprised. Like Holly said, I don't want to give the wrong idea about how I feel about my job.

Thanks for the prayers. :)

BTW, congrats on 1,000 posts.

violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by violin4jesus » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:43 am

AnneRene' wrote:So Leah, are we talking 24 hour shifts? I sure hope not...I mean a week off would be cool but you and Ryan need your ni-nights together. If it is, well the up side is that you will reeeeeeeeally appreciate each other on your week off.

I sure do hope and pray for you to get the other job though. Only 2 more full days to wait and if you don't get it....then God is sparing you from something.

You have a full plate missy.....so do drive extra careful to your cousins.

btw...your pictures....OH MY GOSH....I can't even imagine what they cost you. They are beautiful and I haven't even gotten thru the first 100. My computer keeps freezing up. I'm making a list of my favorite ones and already have 20. You two are adorable together and you even look a little alike...for real.
Well, I would say I got a reasonable rate for the pics; Gabe modified his package for me and my budget. But the pics were definitely the highest cost of the wedding. And for good reason. We will never be able to do over the day, so it's worth it to capture the moments perfectly. So very very happy they turned out just incredible!

It's 12 hour shifts - 80 hours in one week, so I can go home early a couple days. So yeah, not much time for anything but sleeping, eating and working. :mrgreen: But, a job is a job, so I'll take it if they offer it.

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:56 am

violin4jesus wrote:It's 12 hour shifts - 80 hours in one week, so I can go home early a couple days. So yeah, not much time for anything but sleeping, eating and working. :mrgreen: But, a job is a job, so I'll take it if they offer it.
Sounds crazy! But I know how you feel. My brother's been looking for a job off and on for about a year and he's starting to get desperate. I'm going to be off school this summer, so I wanted to get a job, but I'm realizing I better start looking soon or I won't get one before the summer's over.

By the way y'all, thanks to FaithWriters I've finished one short story and have a blossoming idea for a longer one. I've done more writing in the past couple weeks than... um... well, I did a lot. :P Yeah, so now it's on to revising, but at least I finished one!
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:07 am

IvyKat wrote:
violin4jesus wrote:It's 12 hour shifts - 80 hours in one week, so I can go home early a couple days. So yeah, not much time for anything but sleeping, eating and working. :mrgreen: But, a job is a job, so I'll take it if they offer it.
Sounds crazy! But I know how you feel. My brother's been looking for a job off and on for about a year and he's starting to get desperate. I'm going to be off school this summer, so I wanted to get a job, but I'm realizing I better start looking soon or I won't get one before the summer's over.

By the way y'all, thanks to FaithWriters I've finished one short story and have a blossoming idea for a longer one. I've done more writing in the past couple weeks than... um... well, I did a lot. :P Yeah, so now it's on to revising, but at least I finished one!
Too Ivy, congrats that's great. I'm also working on a story. but I haven't gotten very far... :( So I am happy that you have finished one!!!

And Leah, I really hope you find a job soon, it sucks being away from a husband or wife when things in life like that happen, and especially with you guys being newlyweds. And those hours are crazy, but when you work as a Nurse/Doctor, Paramedic or Police, Firefighter, FBI/CSI stuff hours can often be crazy, they need people all hours and you often are on call. And if a call comes you have to go. But I hope you have a good job with good hours!!!!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:08 am

Ms. Barbie wrote:.
Pup..., I like the way Tiara says you flip words. So here is one for you... :) looc si PJ

Congratz...but what is that even supposed to say???
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:44 am

JoyAnn wrote:
Pup..., I like the way Tiara says you flip words. So here is one for you... :) JP is cool.

What, cant you read it....? :roll:

Way cool Sim. keep beatinmg those words into submition, you will be as zanny as the rest of us in no time. And don't forget procrastination is the best part of writing.... or something like that. :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:42 am

Did I hear someone mention the P word?

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:
Pup..., I like the way Tiara says you flip words. So here is one for you... :) JP is cool.

What, cant you read it....? :roll:

Way cool Sim. keep beatinmg those words into submition, you will be as zanny as the rest of us in no time. And don't forget procrastination is the best part of writing.... or something like that. :roll:
lol that's what I thought, but I was trying to find out who JP was....so i thought I was wrong, i just realized I'm a moron and JP is Jesus puppy.

the jokes can being now!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:20 pm

That poor guy in the comic strip--is he dead because he didn't get the sigmoidoscopy or wisdom teeth pulled in time, or just getting more sleep? If he can't do the tasks he's put down for himself to do, he can forget the fuzzy pet and remarrying--I assume calling his mother-in-law refers to his ex-MIL. Every morning he he rises, he should sharpen the 32 gross of pencils--well, maybe not all at once, but an electric pencil sharpener can really help. Then make the phone call, make the appointments, and just keep doing the rest of the list. He should be done in a week. Oh, wait, 32 gross of pencils is 4608 pencils--if he sharpens a gross a day, he'll be done in just over a month.

We all must realize we're going to die with a to-do list in our hands, so we may as well organize our to-dos according to importance, do the most critical first, then gradually work our way down the list. If it's something like housework, it might be better if they hired a maid at least once a week. Or a housekeeper; they could not only clean but do laundry, cook, and shop.

Yeah, that's me, practical problem-solver. I can't look at a comic strip without asking myself why didn't the character(s) do this or that to save themselves trouble, and I have to catch myself and remember it's supposed to be funny.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:57 pm

JoyAnn wrote: i just realized I'm a moron and JP is Jesus puppy.
Not at all. JP is actually for Jason Patterson, one of my old story line characters.

JesusPuppy Profile

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Tiara.....yeah, what Pup said. I didn't even TRY to unscramble the letters as my brain just doesn't work that way so I was right behind you in feeling....well, let just say :oops:

DeeJay...I don't normally do funnies either....don't get 'em and when I do, am like you....ask why the person didn't so something differently :)

Well, off to finish my challenge for this week.....boy it's been a struggle, but ain't given up!

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:22 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote: i just realized I'm a moron and JP is Jesus puppy.
Not at all. JP is actually for Jason Patterson, one of my old story line characters.
Well, then hehe but Barb meant it for you Jesus Puppy!!! she told me soo :nod:.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 pm

I know... I was trying to be polite. Sorry. I failed. :oops:

JesusPuppy Profile

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Have a follow-up appt with my dr on Monday to discuss the test results.

Return to “The Water Cooler”