Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Cool Seema....I've been wondering how that was going. Thanks for the update.

IvyKat

Post by IvyKat » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:31 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Oh come now, we are writers, we have great imaginations. I can image me living on a SUNNY beach in the tropics, several sevants bringing me my coffee on silver trays... silver because gold reminds me too much of pavement, and face it... who wants their drinks brought to them on a chunk of the street... :lol:
Ha ha ha! One of the perks of being a writer. On the other hand, I don't know if that really takes that much imagination....
srashmi wrote:Just a quick update. I've been praying for God's will in this situation, and not for one scenario over another. Just found out that Situation A is one step closer to becoming reality. Won't be certain for another month or so. :D Yay, God!
Isn't He amazing?? Sometimes I just feel like dancing and jumping around. :nerd2
~ Ivy ~ Ivypie ~ Sweet Pea ~ Fred ~ Harvey ~ Irving ~ Irvs ~

That Penguin Girl (my blog)

I hear in my mind, all of these voices.
I hear in my mind, all of these words.
I hear in my mind, all of this music.
And it breaks my heart, it breaks my heart.
~Regina Spektor

deejay

Post by deejay » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:18 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Are you kidding. My mom also told me I was a mistake. She had had a hysterectomy after my next older brother was born... the doctor had messed up and a year and 5 days latter I was born. The whole family use to kid me about it.

My mom then told me why they were always kidding me... in so doing she let me know about my eyes and how it had freaked her out. You know... come to think about it, I am still the same. I still freak people out.
JoyAnn wrote:your such a freak...

:rolling
Pup, you're not a mistake under those circumstances. You are a miracle, God has a special job for you to do, that is why He allowed the doctor to mess up so you could be born. And we are so glad you're here! What would we do if Pup wasn't around? It would be pretty dull around here if you hadn't existed.

I once read where this woman had had a hysterectomy, but the doctor left an ovary in her, to prevent her from going into premature menopause. However, despite the lack of a uterus, she became pregnant and had another baby. The embryo attached to the lining of her intestines; I'm sure they had to deliver by C-section. If God wants a person to exist, He does everything possible to make sure they exist, even if their mom had a hysterectomy.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:12 pm

Right on DeeJay...my sentiments exactly!

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:45 pm

AnneRene' wrote:And I enjoy your sense of humor with the little monkies! :)
Thanks. :wink: Several years ago, I learned that in the middle of stress if you don't laugh, you'll cry. Not that crying is bad, but it certainly helps to laugh, too.

Better go......the monkies are returning from vine swinging. Back into the cage they come. :wink:

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:00 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Are you kidding. My mom also told me I was a mistake. She had had a hysterectomy after my next older brother was born... the doctor had messed up and a year and 5 days latter I was born. The whole family use to kid me about it.

My mom then told me why they were always kidding me... in so doing she let me know about my eyes and how it had freaked her out. You know... come to think about it, I am still the same. I still freak people out.
JoyAnn wrote:your such a freak...

:rolling
so, you just don't tell your kids that... lol and you are taking my words and twisting them..great I love that. Heheheh This is the part were I'd do some dorky dance. eheheh
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:02 pm

AnneRene' wrote:Right on DeeJay...my sentiments exactly!
Yes and I give a thumbs up!!! :thumbs
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:04 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
JoyAnn wrote:There is no point.
OOoooo that makes me pointless as well. 8)

It's ok Seema.. just think of the fact that summer is around the corner.
No, again with word flipping...I said I no point and that there was no point for me to to say that!!!!
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:10 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:
I can't imagine doing anything else
Oh come now, we are writers, we have great imaginations. I can image me living on a SUNNY beach in the tropics, several servants bringing me my coffee on silver trays... silver because gold reminds me too much of pavement, and face it... who wants their drinks brought to them on a chunk of the street... :lol:
Food on a platter...of the silver or gold kind makes me think of John the baptist and his head on the platter....lol hahaha
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:10 pm

srashmi wrote:
srashmi wrote:When faced with a situation with two options, how do you know how to pray? Situation A is the one I think I want, but will take a miracle to occur. Situation B seems more likely to occur, but is really scary right now. It could end up being a good thing later, though.

Do I pray for the miracle of situation A to occur or pray for peace as situation B unfolds? Or both?
Just a quick update. I've been praying for God's will in this situation, and not for one scenario over another. Just found out that Situation A is one step closer to becoming reality. Won't be certain for another month or so. :D Yay, God!
Praise the Lord.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

[email protected]
TiaraJoy's Profile

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Sorry, Seema. I did not mean to come across as judgemental. I was concerned that you did not really like your job. Go ahead and vent all you need! :) I am praying regarding your medical issues as well. That makes it hard to work when you are worried/don't feel well.

Tiara, you are just a delight to have around!

Holly, love your wry sense of humor.

Pup..., I like the way Tiara says you flip words. So here is one for you... :) looc si PJ

BTW, this is my 1000th post!
Barb Culler

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:53 pm

Hi Barb....okay, gonna be humble here. This is the God's honest truth....my mom use to say I had a wry sense of humor and I really don't know what it means, so I'm off to look it up.....

Also, just my 2 cents again and this isn't REALLY for me to address, BUT since we're all family :)....you didn't sound judgmental at all with Miss Seema's work...just concerned and in turn, she probably just wondered if she inadvertently painted the wrong portrait. :) Now if everyone gets peeved at me....Pup, will you still be my friend. JUST KIDDING GUYS!

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:02 pm

Okay, I'm back and here's what I found.

1. Dryly humorous, often with a touch of irony.
2. Temporarily twisted in an expression of distaste or displeasure: made a wry face.
3. Abnormally twisted or bent to one side; crooked: a wry nose.
4. Being at variance with what is right, proper, or suitable; perverse.

OR

to pull out of or as if out of proper shape : make awry

NOW THIS made me lol....got these off of google and ok, yeah can see all of it. I've had a couple of people from England say they like my sense of humor, which puzzled me 'cuz I wasn't working at being humorous, so maybe I've just got more British in me than I realize?

violin4jesus
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Post by violin4jesus » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Wow, you guys add like two pages a day! I guess we Westerners are wordy. LOL

Well, I don't have an answer yet from the first job I applied for; she says she'll get back to me by Friday. I did, however, secure an interview for a full-time position in a tiny hospital north of Spokane! So tomorrow after working all night I will sleep a few hours before heading over to my cousin's house about 100 miles west of the city. I'll spend the night with her and then head over to the interview.

Praying that it goes well; I just need a job. It may not be my dream job, but it would be great experience, and it's a unique schedule - 7 on, 7 off. So I would have a week off every other week. Great for getting things done. :mrgreen:

Mostly I just need to get a job, though. Ryan starts in two weeks so we're moving him out there; I have to stay here until I can get a job. So we'll be separated until I can find something. :cry:

I am also following the rest of the conversation....hehe. Seema, I'm glad you're doing better. Pup, you're simply special, and that's why God saw fit to bring you into the world. Plenty of us (myself included) weren't planned by our parents, but God had a plan for us all along. :wink:

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:05 pm

http://vocabulary-vocabulary.com/dictionary/wry.php

wry adjective

Definition: 1. combining amusement and irony for dry humor--sardonic; 2. temporarily contorted or bent to one side

Synonyms: sarcastic, sardonic, cynical, crooked, ironic, mocking, twisted, warped

Antonyms: serious, solemn, sober, straight

Tips: Wry is derived from the Old English wrigian, which means, "to turn or bend." Think of twisted humor that is dry and sarcastic. A wry sense of humor is one that is askew and completely different from a more traditional sense of humor--a wry joke is one that finds a unique angle of comedy.

Usage Examples:

The comic had a wry, self-deprecating wit. (sarcastic, sardonic)
His wry smile led me to believe he was being sarcastic. (crooked, sarcastic, mocking)
Some people thought his wry humor was hilarious; others were offended by his twisted jokes. (sardonic, sarcastic)
The journalist’s wry commentary on the state of world affairs made him a popular syndicated columnist. (cynical, mocking, sarcastic)
Barb Culler

Return to “The Water Cooler”