Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

srashmi
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Post by srashmi » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:36 am

Woke up this morning in pain. :(

At least it's Friday. And there's no rain in the forecast. And God is still in charge. :)

I could keep going, but the circus awaits.

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:21 am

Be encouraged Seema, for you will be in all of our prayers today for God's Holy touch, to lighten your day, remove your pain and lift up your heart.

Right Guys?

Can I get an Amen? :)

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:28 am

You will always be welcome here Leah! We are accepted over on the Sourthern Porch, so we shall go and do likewise out here ! :)
Barb Culler

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:56 am

BTW Barb...your article with the colored pencils was adorable and clever...really thought it would place.

Ms. Barbie

Post by Ms. Barbie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks Holly! Most readers would not understand it if they don't read the forums. So, that would disqualify it for placing. I knew that when I entered, but my brain is void of inspiration and I just wanted something to enter.

Same for this week. If this is an easy quarter, I hate to see what was considered more difficult!

My soul is having a wrestling match regarding writing. I often ask what am I doing here? I feel so over my head in regards to this craft. Part of me wants to quit, yet, something keeps pushing for me to keep going.

I use to think I had the talent for writing, but when I look back at my old stories, I think 'how pathetic they are'.

I guess I will keep at it, mainly because I like the feeling of being part of a group that is so accepting of me. I should consider it a tough class like math, but a whole lot more fun!
Barb Culler

AnneRene'

Post by AnneRene' » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Yep, that makes sense about it having been on the forums which is why I knew it was you when I left my defiant little critique about not being ashamed....sometimes I'm just a little stinker and can't help myself!

As for EVERYTHING you are feeling about writing.....ME TOO, but I gotta tell you that it really is the enemy just coming against you because I have read many of your articles (in fact, have you as one of my tracked authors) and your writing has a light hearted flair which I TOTALLY LOVE and feel we need more of around here. SO DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE LIES!

deejay

Post by deejay » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:59 pm

violin4jesus wrote:I didn't have animals growing up, so I don't have a passionate love for them. I would rather clean up after children than dogs or cats. Although cats would be easier, I think, as they are pretty independent. But I've heard horror stories of cat messes, too. So yeah....we have a fish. Pretty low maintenance. I feed it like once a week. :)
Well, the way I see it, pets are better than kids. Kids not only make messes, but they also talk back, embarrass you in public, break your heart, etc.. Pets generally don't do that. They love you no matter what--you don't see that in kids too often. You can try one of those Littermaid self-cleaning litterboxes, but you do have to empty the bin every day or so. Lots of people choose to keep a pet because it gives them something to do, which includes cleaning up after them and feeding them. Otherwise, well....

deejay

Post by deejay » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:13 pm

JoyAnn wrote:
AnneRene' wrote:Hey DeeJay....gotta say I'm with ya about people who don't like animals, NOW THAT BEING SAID....Sim and Tiara...you know I think you two are little dolls, but it's just something about us critter lovers, like HOW COULD people not like them, HOWEVER....I do understand they cause a lot of mess, hair, hairballs, kitty throw-up....puppy :) :) :) throw-up, accidents in the house and yuckee drool and so on....BUT, their love is worth it to us diehards.

Okay, then....everybody happy? :)
I don't hate...any animals..just don't like a lot of them.
Well, I think it's safe to say that people can be just like animals, in that there are some you love, some you like, and some you don't care for. Here's an interesting thought: what animals don't you like, and why? Remember people make messes and need to be fed and cleaned up after, so get beyond that. Is it a physical attribute, something you've heard about but not experienced, or just an impression? Second part to this question is what kind of people don't you like and why? Is there anything in common between people you don't like and animals you don't like? Because life is too short to hate or dislike anything, whether people or animals. There are people I prefer not to be around, and there are animals I prefer not to be around, but in both instances it's because from either fact or research both people and animals I don't like being around are detrimental to my health or safety. Or they're horribly annoying and I'm not equipped to deal with them.

Incidentally, I once read a story about a girl and her siblings who wanted a dog very badly, but their parents were traveling ministers, so there was no room for a dog. Didn't keep them from trying to smuggle a dog into the car one time at one of their stops, and of course they were forced to let the dog out to go where it could, but the girl just loved animals anyway. She got married and finally got a stable home with her husband, and found out she had a lot to learn, like how to cook. Her first grocery trip she got a bunch of cookies, crackers, chips, etc., what were luxury items growing up, and her husband, bless his loving, patient heart, had to help her learn how to shop for actual food, etc.. But she did achieve her dream of pet ownership. I could be wrong, it may have extended to a pet rescue. I think I read this in Guideposts many years ago. So just because one grows up without pets doesn't preclude eventually owning one. And if your kids decide they want a pet--funny how that always seems to work that way--how are you going to tell them no without them whining and begging? Just a thought.

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:41 pm

I was in the middle of writing and making dinner when my sister informed my that my bed was leaking again. I have a water bed that has a pillow top that zips over the top. And this is about the fifth time it's leaked, the last time only happening a week ago. When she told me that I quickly unplugged my computer not even thinking about the word document I had open and yet to hit save. All I was think was I had to get this way from here before it get ruined. Later once I had cleaned the water up and found the hole. Which was the same hole my dad had just "patched up" I remembered that I just unplugged my computer and didn't save anything I probably just lost it all.

But I didn't! :mrgreen: So thank you Lord for auto recovery. hehehe
Now back to what I was writing.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Well that adds a new term to Bed wetting... a bed that wets itself......
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

JoyAnn

Post by JoyAnn » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:54 pm

JesusPuppy wrote:Well that adds a new term to Bed wetting... a bed that wets itself......
hahaha my dad said I have to get a new bed now. If he would have listend to me a week ago when I said the patch didn't to just be replace it wouldn't have leaked just now.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

[email protected]
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:17 am

Or patched right in the first place... did he staple it correctly. :wink:

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Post by deejay » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:03 pm

I prefer a traditional bed myself. Nothing leaks, if I have to move I don't have to wonder if they'll let me have it--lots of places don't allow waterbeds or large aquariums--and in a drought-prone state like California I don't have to worry about a big water bill filling it up. When drought gets so bad out here that they put water restrictions into place, those restrictions can be tough. And as was pointed out, waterbeds are a hassle. Just my two cents.

srashmi

Post by srashmi » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:11 pm

Feeling better this morning. :) Happy weekend everyone.

JesusPuppy

Post by JesusPuppy » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Praising the Lord for the day He has given you Seema. And may the weekend be even better.

JesusPuppy Profile

Return to “The Water Cooler”