Verna wrote:Come on, Don, don't leave us salivating here--what's the sauce and how did you make it?
Here ya go....
My Hawaiian Grilled "Huli Huli" Chicken.
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 3/4 cup ketchup
* 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 1/3 cup chicken broth
* 2 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
* 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
* Juice from 1 can pineapple slices - set pineapple slices aside for grilling
(Note: Recipe called for above measurements, but I decreased all by half)
* In small bowl, mix the seven ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate.
* Pour remaining marinade into re-sealable plastic bag. Cut 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts in half; add to marinade bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
* Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Coat grill rack with oil or non-stick spray.
* Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade during last 5 minutes.
* If desired, grill pineapple slices on foil tray coated with non-stick spray.
(Note: If grill is too hot, marinade coated chicken will stick and burn)