To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Edy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby Edy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:15 pm

Now Jesus cradles those babies - and He knows what it takes to open people's eyes. Those former clinic workers and their testimony could save thousands of lives. What the enemy means for evil, God uses for good. But, oh the heartbreak!
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:19 pm

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08 ... raq-video/

I needed help after watching the video above about the beheading of babies that ISIS is doing regularly and cried out to the Lord for help for the grieving families (if any of them are left). PLease, heavenly Father, wrap all these babies in your arms, comfort them, hold them close and tell them we love them.....Please intervene. Please send help to those who are fearing for their lives tonight and so terrified.

Here's the comfort that God led me to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YC8SbpsNXI
Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm praying for an army of the Lord's angels to appear and stop ISIS in its tracks. When Howard tries to tell me what he's seen on the internet, I have to tell him to stop. I already get more than I can bear just from links on facebook.

But, what the enemy means for evil...with all the slaughter going on between factions of Islam and more, many Muslims are revolted to the point they are leaving to follow Jesus. Thanks be to God!
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

BettyDee

Postby BettyDee » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Got a chuckle out of the kid stories and the Spam museum.

I am sad and have been praying over the situation with ISIS. How, HOW can anyone be heartless enough to kill little children? I saw a photo of one TINY tot with guns pointed at his head. It sickened me. I don't know what needs to be done, but I know it needs to stop.

I wish you all were here to share the produce from my garden. Some of the plants are starting to die, but I am still getting some things. I have several pumpkins and some sugar baby water melons I will be picking soon. Come on over!
I'm Bound for the Promised Land

BettyDee

Postby BettyDee » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:03 am

Okay, so I was bored this morning, and went to the Spam site. The answer to that age old question, "What is Spam" has been answered! Yes, it's true! It is pork shoulder and ham, and there are no spices except salt added. You can go here: http://www.spam.com/spam-101/what-is-spam-classic and read the fascinating facts for yourself. And now you know the rest of the story.
I'm Bound for the Promised Land

Edy

Postby Edy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:17 pm

8) Inquiring minds wanted to know that. Doesn't sound too bad at all! But, I still think I like corned beef better.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Like I said, Betty, SPAM is meat posing as something else, we are just not sure what. Interesting that they use potato starch. I didn't know that and I have been to the museum.

We just got back from a camping trip to Iowa. When I mentioned that the campsites at Iowa State Parks are only $11/night, Simon asked if there was anything worth seeing in Iowa. He is used to the flat farmland of the part of Iowa in which I grew up. So I took them to the Effigy Mounds National Monument and camped at Pikes Peak State Park along the Mississippi River. That is the most beautiful part of the state (imho).

Only two weeks before Greg leaves to go to college. :shock:
ImageImage

"We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners."

You have wearied the LORD with your words.
“How have we wearied him?” you ask.
By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Malachi 2:17

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:18 pm

These are excerpts from an article I wrote over a year ago.

Don

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I believe the day is coming, perhaps sooner rather than later, when Bible believing Christians will be the most hunted people on the face of the planet. They will be found and brutally dealt with for their unshakeable belief concerning scriptural matters. There is a relentless war raging against Biblical Christianity and all who believe. You don't think so? Then, consider this:

Today, Christians world-wide are being persecuted as never before in history. In some countries entire communities populated by Christians are being destroyed. Churches are being burned to the ground. Christians are being forced to either denounce their faith, or face execution - many by beheading.
A world-wide "Christian cleansing" clearly has begun. In our nation it will likely be carried out legally using force - with serious penalties for “violations”. Expect one day to see door-to-door home inspections as authorities search for "illegal" possession of Bibles and other "offensive religious terrorism” tools used by conservative Christians. Not a pretty picture at all.

Are you prepared for the time when government officials or law enforcement agencies suddenly show up to surround your home at 3:00am demanding to know with a simple yes or no answer whether you are a fundamental Bible believing Christian? Knowing that isolation or even death would likely be in store for you with a "yes" answer, then, how would you respond?

That would certainly be the ultimate "rubber-meets-the-road" question concerning the sincerity of your faith commitment, wouldn’t it? Would you deny your faith to save your own skin, or the lives of your family members? Or, would you willingly die for Him Who died for you?
In the midst of screams of fear and the smell of death, would your faith remain strong while being dragged to face a guillotine or firing squad? I fear that many claiming the label of Christianity are not biblical Christians at all, but rather, are role playing behind a mask of Christianity. They will be quick to deny Him.

More of God's end-time scenario is falling into place and becoming more obvious with each passing day. Read your Bible and, then, scan the news reports. It is happening now. I believe the rapture is an imminent event, but what persecution will Bible believing Christians face before the Lord returns in the clouds to call them to Him? We need to think about that!
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Joanney wrote:Like I said, Betty, SPAM is meat posing as something else, we are just not sure what. Interesting that they use potato starch. I didn't know that and I have been to the museum.

We just got back from a camping trip to Iowa. When I mentioned that the campsites at Iowa State Parks are only $11/night, Simon asked if there was anything worth seeing in Iowa. He is used to the flat farmland of the part of Iowa in which I grew up. So I took them to the Effigy Mounds National Monument and camped at Pikes Peak State Park along the Mississippi River. That is the most beautiful part of the state (imho).

Only two weeks before Greg leaves to go to college. :shock:

What college will Greg attend, and what will be his major?

(imho), the most beautiful monument in Iowa is the sign which reads, "LEAVING IOWA.... WELCOME TO MINNESOTA" :lol:

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Greg will be attending the University of Northwestern -- St Paul for computer science.
ImageImage

By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Edy

Postby Edy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Joanney wrote:Like I said, Betty, SPAM is meat posing as something else, we are just not sure what. Interesting that they use potato starch. I didn't know that and I have been to the museum.

We just got back from a camping trip to Iowa. When I mentioned that the campsites at Iowa State Parks are only $11/night, Simon asked if there was anything worth seeing in Iowa. He is used to the flat farmland of the part of Iowa in which I grew up. So I took them to the Effigy Mounds National Monument and camped at Pikes Peak State Park along the Mississippi River. That is the most beautiful part of the state (imho). Only two weeks before Greg leaves to go to college. :shock:

My favorite part of Iowa is the Decorah area, beautiful wooded rolling hills, off the beaten path, vibrant with history (Vesterheim museum and more) and youthful vigor (Luther College). How close is that to your visit to Effigy Mounds and Pikes Peak State Park? I don't have a map handy and your trip there sounds intriguing.

When people ask us if we'd ever decide to head south for retirement, I tell them the furthest south I'd consider is Decorah, Iowa! :lol:
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:24 pm

Effigy Mounds and Pikes Peak are about 1/2 hour south of Decorah. I agree, that is usually what I tell people also, that the Decorah area is the most beautiful part of Iowa, including the Effigy Mounds and Pikes Peak area. Going a little further south, Strawberry Point and Backbone State Park aren't bad either, especially in the fall colors.
ImageImage

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:36 pm

Reading the news just now about Robin Williams. Robin died of suicide which makes it even harder for his family and fans. Every time I saw his name in the news I prayed for him to be saved from sin and born into the family of God. The news said he had suffered from severe depression as of late which got me thinking about how many creative, funny comedians have suffered from severe depression. Red Skelton, Dick Cavette, Art Buckwald, Rodney Dangerfield, Freddy Prinze, Alan Alda, Richard Dreyfuss, Jonathan Winter (who was Robin's mentor), and dozens more. A lot of studies have been made trying to find the connection between depression and comedy. I hope some good comes out of all this tragedy connected with Robin Williams' suicide. Maybe it will encourage more to seek help and pray for healing from the Great Physician who loves them so.
Last edited by BeachGrandma on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mariane Holbrook

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:53 pm

I just saw that a few minutes ago. He could be a jerk with his humor, but he was still a very talented man.
Anyone who works in the comedy field will suffer from depression; it's an occupational hazard. Remember most comedians came from unhealthy backgrounds, and is the basis of their comedy, as well as their driving force.
I'm going to have to look this up, but I once read an article in a copy of Ripley's Believe It Or Not when I was a kid, about a man going to see a doctor about his overwhelming depression. The doctor thinks a bit, then tells him, "Go see Garibaldi; he's the funniest man alive. He will cure you of your depression." The man then says, "Doctor, I am Garibaldi."

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:40 pm

Okay, it was Joseph Grimaldi, not Garibaldi, and here's the story: http://www.zensufi.com/stories/clown.html

Joseph Grimaldi started his career at the age of two with his father. If you look him up on Wikipedia, you can see what a mess his background was, and how his life turned out. Born Dec. 18, 1778; died May 31, 1837.

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler