To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Edy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby Edy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:06 pm

ready2go wrote:When I was a kid I was always told that "if you can still walk, then you're not sick."

I'm pretty sure that was not good advice.

Don

8) Somehow our generation skipped being coddled, unlike later generations seem to be. Maybe that made us stronger...that is if we survived! Since my mom usually had the latest baby in arms, when we took a tumble she was quick to say, "Oh, what a big girl, didn't even cry." So, we had to swallow our pain and put on a smiley face...unless we'd done some real damage, like a skinned knee. She was a teacher, not a nurse, but she was terrific at nursing skills. I had such good preparation for nursing school because of what I learned at her knee and by her example.
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Carole L

Postby Carole L » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:38 pm

They are holding off on surgery, admitted her and are running more tests and monitoring her fluid intake.
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113

Edy

Postby Edy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:01 pm

It is tough on everybody when a baby is in need of medical intervention. I had always thought I'd love being a pediatric nurse...until my peds affiliation (as part of my training) at the big Minneapolis General (now Hennepin County Medical Center). Oh, how I prayed over those sick little ones. I concluded peds nursing would be simply too emotionally exhausting. So I did OB nursing, instead.

The children we cared for on our ward in Vietnam, however, brought back the old love. Mixed in with the G.I.s, this was my most favorite nursing job ever. We had one little boy, recovering from shrapnel wounds, who connected with one of our black soldier patients. When the little boy took his naps, he crawled in alongside the G.I. like a little puppy. Somewhere in my stuff I have the photo I took of them. Precious.

Praying for the little one, Carole, as I do for myself, that minimal intervention will prove sufficient to correct what's not working the way it should.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:20 am

I wish FW would find a way to alert me when there is activity on the Porch. I never get any notices about the Porch at all and with 2 little boys here running through the house and my nephew's family here from Rochester, NY, I can't get through all my favorite places. But I'm glad you're better, Edy. It still wouldn't hurt to be checked out at the VA, though.

Carole, I'll scroll back to find what your prayer request is.

I found it. I'll be praying for the little one, too. It hurts so much to know a child might be facing surgery. God be with the baby and the whole family.
Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:17 am

This is so interesting

http://www.earthporm.com/25-creative-sc ... und-world/

(you might want to check out the links on the right side of this too. They're interesting)
Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:35 am

These are the most beautiful photos of children I've ever seen. Don't miss any. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom.

http://www.earthporm.com/mother-takes-m ... 1&at_tot=2
Mariane Holbrook

Verna

Postby Verna » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Carole, still praying for that baby.

Edy, let us know how you're doing.

Don, I was part of the generation, too, that said we should "tough" it out . . . and that we did!

Mariane, you always bring the most interesting things to look into and think about. It's an interesting group on this old porch!
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

Edy

Postby Edy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanks, all, for your sweet intercessions for me. Even though I have an appointment scheduled for Wednesday, I am planning to go to urgent care at the VA later today (things simmered down, again, this morning, after two bad nights and a heavy Saturday, which I don't want to "enjoy" [endure!] again, any time soon).

Right now, I'm covering the bases for the prayer request connections at church, and checking the latest email before I head out.

TTYL when I have more time! You're the best.
:thankssign
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:12 am

Edy, did you get any relief from your Urgent Care visit last night. I'm still praying.

I love you,
Mariane
Mariane Holbrook

Carole L

Postby Carole L » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:44 pm

Relena and parents are heading home. Turns out the problem was Mom! Not enough milk. She will be supplementing with formula. Relena gained 80 grams over the weekend!! :superhappy

Praising God it was something that could be fixed so easily!! :angel2 :angel2 :clap :clap
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:33 pm

Praise the Lord !!! What great news! I'll bet there's singing and dancing in their house today. :clap :clap :clap :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy

Thanks for letting us know, Carole.
Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:35 pm

This is too sweet not to share with you. Please turn your volume up a little and turn on full screen. I wish I could hug this precious baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o-VplYr ... lYrqBs#t=0
Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:50 pm

Carole L wrote:Relena and parents are heading home. Turns out the problem was Mom! Not enough milk. She will be supplementing with formula. Relena gained 80 grams over the weekend!! :superhappy

Praising God it was something that could be fixed so easily!! :angel2 :angel2 :clap :clap

Oh praise the Lord! Isn't it exquisitely exciting to see how He answers our prayers?! What blessings, and relief, for the baby, parents and extended family. I'm so delighted for all of you, Carole.

We had such a pleasant urgent care visit, yesterday. Our VA hospital has people working there that are just like family (military "family" is mighty close knit). My lab work and vital signs were fine, and symptoms have settled down, again. So, we returned home with orders to report for an ultrasound this morning. We'll learn the results at my Wednesday afternoon appointment in the women's clinic (not my favorite place to go, but that's how the VA sorts us 8) )

If it weren't for our hot weather, this week, I'd probably feel almost normal. But, heat and high humidity wipes me out. So, it is take-it-easy time until all is resolved.

Thanks again for all your prayer support - which reminds me. I should share a most delightful email I received from Howard's brother's and sister's church pastor. You would all love her, she is so scripturally sound with a fun-loving personality (very like my step-mother in law), a wonderful combination for the Lord to use on behalf of the kingdom. For those who might not know, the Wesleyan denomination ordains women. Howard's step-mom was one, too, working mainly with children's VBS, etc. Howard's dad and Vivian's first husband were both Wesleyan pastors who had been widowed, the first one with young children. Some of you may have heard of the Bardsley pastors
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

Edy

Postby Edy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:04 pm

I hope these excerpts from our correspondence (between Pr. Jean and me) will encourage all of you as well:

...God impressed on me yesterday to pray for you. It reminded me of the Great Shepherd who goes ahead of His sheep, to prepare the way - knowing it will be safe in His hands because He has surveyed the terrain and His footprints are already there.

I just wanted you to know that the Lord dropped your name in my heart way before my head knew anything.

You are a woman of prayer and I've been praying that the faithfulness of your prayerful heart will come back double, triple, and 100 fold to bless you.

We as a church are praying, as well.

Rest in His love, dear sister in Christ.

I responded "...And, such an exciting report about the Lord's prompt to pray for me. Yesterday (Saturday) was definitely a good day to be on the receiving end of your intercession at the throne of grace...I've had similar prayer experiences (in advance of even later breaking international news, as I recall). We're certainly given glimpses of the Lord's glory and presence when that happens, aren't we! God is so good....."
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Action in Israel is really heating up this afternoon.

In the past couple of hours the following airlines canceled flights to Israel following a massive rocket barrage just launched at Tel Aviv and its southern, northern, and eastern suburbs. (United -US Airways -Delta -Lufthansa -Austrian -Swiss -Air France -KLM -Turkish Airlines)

Planes en-route to Israel being re-routed to other countries.

Rockets being fired into central Israel.

Code red warning sirens in dozens of central and southern Israeli cities.

A mosque in Gaza destroyed by Israeli military after rockets found inside.

A shutdown of airline operations at Ben-Gurion Airport.

The situation is changing by the minute - hard to keep up with it. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler