To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Edy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby Edy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Verna wrote:Thank you for your prayers. Surgery went well. Hope to heal fast. Hugs to all.

Praise the Lord! Thank you for the update and good report, Verna. I'm reminded of one of my patients when I worked orthopedics at the U of MN hospital. Since she had not asked for any pain medication post-op, I asked her if she didn't need some. After a couple times of her refusing medication, I had to ask, "Aren't you having pain?" She replied, "Oh, it hurts, but nowhere near how the (pre-op) arthritic hip hurt!"

And, judging by my own bone pain when I broke my ankle, here I was expecting she'd have at least as much pain after such a major surgery. :shock:

I'm hoping you have similar post-op comfort as my patient while you are on the mend, my dear!
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:37 am

Verna, I'm so glad your operation was a success. I was praying even though I couldn't get an Email sent to you. We have 4 computers here (John's, Tim's, Jackson's and mine) and we all lost service 4 days ago. What a bummer! John had to order a new modem and it was delivered UPS express tonight so Tim was able to get the computers running again.

I was able to use my neighbor's for just a few minutes but didn't get nearly enough done so here it is now at 2:30 a.m. and I'm still trying to catch up with things on my computer. My niece in Africa goes crazy if she doesn't see some kind of post from me on Facebook so I did that on my friend's computer for just a minute. But I couldn't receive or send out Emails.

Now all is well and I'm back in the loop.

Verna, will you have to go to rehab or something similar for therapy?

Carole, I'm so glad to see you and happy things are going well with you. I see you sometimes on Facebook so that's nice, too.

I sent in 3 more stories tonight to Chicken Soup for the Soul which I've been working on. I do hope they accept some of them.

Living on the beach, it's foolhardy not to buy hurricane insurance on top of all the other insurance we need here. The new bill for it came today and it was a whopping $3,600, up $800 from last year! We both almost fell over! But we can't afford NOT to have it because as sure as we dropped it, we'll have a hurricane blow our house into the ocean or float it out to sea. Living at the beach is not cheap, trust me.

I love you all! :thumbs :thumbs

Night!
Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:15 am

Uff da, Mariane!

I guess I won't consider moving to the beach - just visiting will have to do. Although, we don't hear about hurricanes on the west coast...they're just prone to earthquakes! :shock: I'm not partial to them, either. Minnesota's lakes might be cold, but we only have tornadoes and blizzards and the occasional flooding. 8) We know how to deal with the first two, and live on higher ground to avoid the third.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

Carole L

Postby Carole L » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:29 pm

D and Magnolia.jpg
D and Magnolia.jpg (114.03 KiB) Viewed 266 times

Speaking of storms, this tree is just around the corner from us. It was really blowing, and rain came down in sheets for about 1/2 hr.
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113

deejay

Postby deejay » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:31 pm

Actually, hurricanes have brushed California several times in the past. Don't believe me? Google "Hurricanes in California" or "Tornadoes in California". I guarantee, the results will amaze you. The last one was Kathleen in 1976.

Verna

Postby Verna » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:01 pm

Mariane, they taught me therapy exercises in the hospital to do at home, and told me to walk, walk, walk. Thankful to be home!
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

Edy

Postby Edy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Guess what! I'm receiving Porch notices, again. Thank you, FaithWriters support team, whoever pulled it off! 8)

Verna, that is great you can be at home. Do take time to heal well before going back to those marathon races. :D

Yes, in this world we shall have surprises in the weather department, that's for sure. I'd never heard of tsunamis until the devastating one that hit in the far east in recent years. Am I correct that an earthquake out in the deep triggers that phenomenon? (My brain's computer memory is too full to store much new information. :P )
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

Verna

Postby Verna » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:44 pm

Not a good day here--pain-wise, prayers appreciated!
Verna

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:12 am

Dear Father, our precious friend, Verna, is in need of a touch directly from Your hand. We lift her up to you in arms of faith, asking that You deliver her completely tonight from the pain she is suffering. You were so compassionate to the woman who touched the hem of Your garment in great need, and healed the man lowered down through the roof to You, so desperate was he to see You. Your Word is full of those who were healed and You instructed us to pray for healing. So tonight we ask You to heal Verna, give her a good night's rest and may she know in the morning she has been touched by our mighty, powerful God who sent Your son to die for our sins and our sicknesses. We give you thanks in Jesus' name. Amen
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Verna))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) :loveyou
Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:33 am

AMEN to Mariane's prayer for Verna!

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Verna

Postby Verna » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:05 am

My very dear friend, Mariane, God answered your beautiful prayer in a wonderful way. I slept well, and I'm much better today. I even cooked breakfast this morning! It's strange how when you're in a situation of pain. everything else around you kind of fades away, but I believe I've passed a milestone and can witness to the joy of God's healing presence.

Wherever you all are, I hope your weather is good, and you have "Joy unspeakable and full of glory" Hugs to all my friends.
Verna

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Edy wrote:Guess what! I'm receiving Porch notices, again. Thank you, FaithWriters support team, whoever pulled it off! 8)

Verna, that is great you can be at home. Do take time to heal well before going back to those marathon races. :D

Yes, in this world we shall have surprises in the weather department, that's for sure. I'd never heard of tsunamis until the devastating one that hit in the far east in recent years. Am I correct that an earthquake out in the deep triggers that phenomenon? (My brain's computer memory is too full to store much new information. :P )

Yes, you are correct. Most of the time it is an undersea earthquake that triggers a tsunami--formerly known as a tidal wave, which is not an accurate term. Sometimes an undersea landslide or volcanic eruption can trigger then too. The USGS site--www.usgs.gov-- is a good place to find information on the subject. Just type tsunami in the search field on the main page.

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:24 am

Poor Ron Reagan, Jr. He's another example of a flea staring up at the world's largest elephant and saying, "There is no elephant. What a stupid fairy tale" (when with no effort at all, the elephant could obliterate the noisy, bothersome little pest). But this provides an example of the great mercy and restraint of a mighty, holy, loving God who hopes Ron will come to his senses while he still has time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7INIhD9P0Pw
Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:46 am

I saw that "ad" for the first (and hopefully only) time a couple nights ago on our channel 11 tv. After being stunned and dismayed, I couldn't help wondering how he could have missed the vibrant witness of both his father and his brother Michael to follow such a dismal path in life. And, I couldn't help thinking what an embarrassment he has turned out to be for himself, more than anyone else. Poor Ron, is right. I like your illustration, Mariane, about the flea and the elephant. I will have to borrow that, next time I run into a deluded atheist on one of the sites for comments.

That being said, I marvel at the peculiar wisdom of the Lord in his plan "for good and not for evil" that He keeps some folks' eyes veiled, for the present. Our assignment is to bring the good news, but it is the Holy Spirit that works the seed into the soil of the heart and provides the increase.

When the veil is finally lifted, I anticipate the atheist's first sight of the Savior will instantly win his/her heart as we all weep for joy that the lost is found.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

Edy

Postby Edy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Well, I didn't have long to wait, BeachGrandma! You can click on the youtube link and wait for the comments to come up...or I can post this for you, here:

Edy TJ 16 hours ago
Trying to live without God, is like trying to live without love. God is Love, His gift for us in so many ways.

tigergreene 9 hours ago
You are incredibly arrogant. Get off your high horse. Love is not the sole property of bible thumping christians. There is no god, Edy, wake up.

Edy TJ 6 minutes ago
+tigergreene I guess it depends on one's understanding of love. My apologies if telling the truth sounds arrogant. But I imagine the flea in this illustration could be accused of arrogance as well: Another case of a flea staring up at the world's largest elephant and saying, "There is no elephant. What a fairy tale." :)
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler