To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Edy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby Edy » Sat May 17, 2014 9:27 pm

deejay wrote: ...Someone--BeachGrandma, I think?--shared a window cleaning solution and said it did a great job on a couple of big sliding glass doors and eight big windows. How much square footage would that be? I'm asking because Pastor Brian would like me to start cleaning the windows at church, and there are a lot of them, most very large. I measured as best I could; I just want to be able to calculate the amount of the ingredients. We have some window cleaning solution, but it says don't use it in direct sunlight--and most of our windows face south. I'd have to clean the windows in the middle of the night if I used that stuff......

It could have been me, myself and I, deejay. But, I don't remember if I posted or not. We did try this recipe a few weeks back, and window washing just became my new chore-less chore. Hubby and I made the rounds so swiftly I could hardly believe it. Here you are:

HERE'S A MAGICAL WAY TO CLEAN YOUR WINDOWS!!!
This is the best way EVER to clean your windows!!! No
drying is needed, and you won't have any spots or streaks on your window! You can clean 2 big sliding glass doors and 8 large windows in minutes!!!

Here are the ingredients you need to use:
1/2 gallon warm water
1 Tablespoon of liquid "Jet Dry"
2-3 Tablespoons of liquid laundry detergent or dish washing soap

Mix all of the ingredients above. Spray your windows down with your hose to get them wet then wipe or brush on the solution onto your windows, then immediately hose it off. That’s all there is to it and you're done. The remaining water just sheets off and you don't need to dry it off!

Do give your roommate a hug from all of us. I can still turn on the waterworks, myself, when I think about our lost pets, or read the story I wrote about the big tragedy we had when I was a teenager. A person tends to blame herself, second guessing, "if only" thoughts. I know many might think it's silly (but I do have at least one scripture verse in support of the idea), but I absolutely anticipate our dear dog Toni running to meet us at the pearly gates when the time comes for the new heavens and the new earth.
The Pale Green Sedan
Romans 8:21
Revelation 21:5
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Allison

Postby Allison » Sat May 17, 2014 10:35 pm

BeachGrandma wrote:
I'm curious. How many of you are presently entering the Challenge? I haven't paid my dues in a couple of years so I'm not eligible but I wish those of you who do submit entries would post a link here so we could read them, or if you know someone who has submitted something that's really extraordinary, I'd like a link to them, too. I doubt if I can comment but I would like to read them.

Love you guys! :loveyou

I still enter the challenge on a regular basis. Actually, my last two have even made EC!

7th place for omnishambles: Murphy vs. Me

4th place for digital detox: They'll Think I'm Crazy

You should still be able to comment, so long as you're a member of the actual FW site. The paid levels are only for entering, not for reading and commenting. And even with the "silver" non-paid levels, you should have four vouchers for entering the challenge.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sun May 18, 2014 6:35 am

I attended a choir concert at church late yesterday afternoon that was simply fantastic!

It was beautifully and powerfully done in word and song – so much so that there was hardly a dry eye in the place. I don’t remember the last time I heard such a terrific presentation of music and testimony.

I’m going back this morning for their 9:00am church service.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun May 18, 2014 8:05 am

I'm on vacation at Atlantic Beach N, orth Carolina, anyone from the Porch around this area? It's quite pretty, though I could do without the scary bridges. My son drove from Durham and one of my daughters came. Wish the whole family could come, but someone had to stay home and take car of pets, oh and go to her job. It's graduation weekend at many colleges so they are quite busy. This was the only time that worked for most. Now my hubby wants to leave WNY and move here. I think it's because the area was hit so hard this winter. But I will concede it's beautiful here and not too hot yet.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Verna

Postby Verna » Sun May 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Welcome Shann, You can "sit with us" on the porch any time! I do not live near the beach, but I love SC beaches and NC beaches, too. I have been also to your coast and walked on your beaches there, I must admit that I like the east coast better for walking, but the West has all those beautiful rocks. I have not seen a highway in the South any prettier than those in Monterey where the mountain drops right down to the ocean. I hope on your vacation the weather will be great, and you and your family will have a wonderful time in North Carolina.
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

Verna

Postby Verna » Sun May 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Edy, I need to give your window-washing trick a try!

Don, That kind of musical service brings joy to my soul. I'm glad you can enjoy those at your church.

Mariane, I still enter the challenges most of the time and have some EC's from time to time.
Allison, Congratulations on your EC's. She's right. You can just go to the challenge contest and make a comment, whether you are a paying member of FW or not. I had fun writing the one for this week.
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article- ... p?id=48486.
Verna

Verna

Postby Verna » Tue May 20, 2014 8:33 am

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday, Dear Allison
Happy Birthday to you

Hope this is a really special day for you Allison with many, many blessings. I'll leave a big fudge cake with ice cream on the porch for all to share with you.
Verna

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue May 20, 2014 11:39 am

:violin HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALLISON. :party

If you look in the big box in the corner of the Porch you'll find a huge cake with the appropriate number of candles, 6 liters of Pepsi, chips and dips, butter mints, Hagen Daaz Ice cream, strawberry short cake with real whipped cream, Boston cream pie, chocolate chip cookies, banana splits, hot fudge sundaes wit chopped pecans and a cherry on top, and my favorite, chow mein with roasted cashews.

The last is mine. I could eat it for any occasion.

We're taught Ole Blue (our faithful hound) to do tricks for you and a musical treat by the men's quartet (with only Don in it because the others quit), a Hawaiian grass skirt contest with Verna, Edy and Betty and all the other girls, and to top it off, a surprise appearance by our favorite comedian, Red Skelton. (That was a bit difficult to pull off but we did it for you.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MANY MORE. GOD BLESS YOUR SWEET SELF !!!
:loveyou :loveyou
Mariane Holbrook

Allison

Postby Allison » Tue May 20, 2014 12:52 pm

Wow. Sounds like a great party. *grabs the ice cream (I assume it's chocolate) and chocolate chip cookies for herself* You all can divvy up the rest. :)

Thank you!
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Edy

Postby Edy » Tue May 20, 2014 3:03 pm

Will wonders never cease - I just received an email from FW for the Porch, after weeks or more of being out of the loop! It must have been the birthday party. Whoop-de-doo, and thank you for being born, Allison! :superhappy

:birthday :birthday :birthday

Since you are all most likely stuffed with so many party goodies, I think I'll just hide in a corner with my offering of Edy's famous fudge, and the store-bought raspberry cheesecake I love, and inhale it all by my self. :lol:
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue May 20, 2014 3:42 pm

BeachGrandma wrote:

We're taught Ole Blue (our faithful hound) to do tricks for you and a musical treat by the men's quartet (with only Don in it because the others quit), a Hawaiian grass skirt contest with Verna, Edy and Betty and all the other girls, and to top it off, a surprise appearance by our favorite comedian, Red Skelton. (That was a bit difficult to pull off but we did it for you.)

Me??? A one man quartet?

Actually, that's no problem. With my hoarse voice from the spring-time allergies, I sound like a quartet. No one will know the difference.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON!

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue May 20, 2014 5:00 pm

(deleted by me)
Last edited by BeachGrandma on Wed May 28, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mariane Holbrook

BettyDee

Postby BettyDee » Wed May 21, 2014 9:03 am

As usual, I'm late to the party. Any fudge left?

Mariane, I am so sorry your son is having to deal with such a mess. Was anyone able to get pictures when the ex DIL was caught? I would think that would say mountains about her.

I have so much to do today, I don't know where to start. I think I'll throw a party and make cleaning fun. Y'all are invited!

My poor book is suffering as well. I need to be writing. Maybe I can find some inspiration today.

Y'all behave.
I'm Bound for the Promised Land

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Wed May 21, 2014 11:10 am

deleted by me.
Last edited by BeachGrandma on Wed May 28, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mariane Holbrook

Verna

Postby Verna » Wed May 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Praying, my very dear friend, that God will open the eyes of the judge to the truth and implant in his heart what is best for the future of your two precious grandsons--and T and you and your husband!
Verna

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler