To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby RiversidePeace » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:46 pm

Thanks. Everything went well. I really don't know why I was so worried. :wink:

Chrissy

ready2go
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby ready2go » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:49 pm

I just looked out my back patio door and can hardly believe what I saw!

A big, beautiful bald eagle is sitting on a tree branch no more than 40’ from my back door!!!

We saw that happen once about 20 years ago. They usually just fly by and don’t stop to say "Hi".

I saw a loon swimming out there today too.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:10 am

ready2go wrote:I just looked out my back patio door and can hardly believe what I saw!

A big, beautiful bald eagle is sitting on a tree branch no more than 40’ from my back door!!!

We saw that happen once about 20 years ago. They usually just fly by and don’t stop to say "Hi".

I saw a loon swimming out there today too.

Don

What's a "loon"?

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:17 am

I couldn't let this opportunity go by. (grin)

What do you call a loon who scratches his bites?

A lunatic !

(I just made that up; can't you tell?) :superhappy :clap :superhappy :clap :thumbs

What a dizzying 4 weeks this has been. First, Jackson came down with a high fever and the flu, followed quickly by Charles, then Tim, then me, then John, in that order. This one hit John and me especially hard, probably because of our age, but we haven't been able to shake it off. When John misses 5 days in a row of having breakfast with his other McDonald's buddies, then we all take notice. Our poor lungs are nearly worn out with such deep chest colds plus everything else in the flu arsenal. I hope the rest of you have been well.

Please don't forget to watch the blood moon tonight about 2 a.m. EDST. Then I guess we can wait to see if John Hagee's prediction that something catastrophic is about to hit the earth is true. Who was it who said, "It's always something!?"

Laterrrrrr :
grouphug2
"I long, O I long to be holy, conformed to His will and His Word.
I long to be gentle and Christ-like; I long to be just like my Lord."

Mariane Holbrook

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:42 am

Okay. haha. But what is a "loon"?

Chrissy

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:21 am

RiversidePeace wrote:Okay. haha. But what is a "loon"?

Chrissy

A bird... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loon
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:40 am

RedBaron wrote:

Chrissy

ah… I always thought Katharine Hepburn said "loom" in the movie 'On Golden Pond'. Probably the typical accent. I knew her "loom" was a bird/duck.

Thanks, Shari. :)

Chrissy

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:33 am

Yeah, M and N can often sound quite similar.

RiversidePeace wrote:
RedBaron wrote:

Chrissy

ah… I always thought Katharine Hepburn said "loom" in the movie 'On Golden Pond'. Probably the typical accent. I knew her "loom" was a bird/duck.

Thanks, Shari. :)

Chrissy
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Edy

Postby Edy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:30 pm

My hubby found this link about the blood moons, yet another interesting perspective! http://unitedwithisrael.org/the-blood-m ... jewish.../

The Blood Moon and Jewish Destiny
"...“When the Jews perform the will of God, they need not worry about omens [or celestial phenomenon]. Thus says the Lord ‘Do not be frightened by the signs of the heavens.’” (Talmud Sukkah 29a)

That reminded me...since we have this word from Zechariah 2: "...And I will be to her a wall of fire all around, declares the LORD, and I will be the glory in her midst.’” ...For thus said the LORD of hosts, after his glory sent me to the nations who plundered you, for he who touches you touches the apple of his eye: “Behold, I will shake my hand over them, and they shall become plunder for those who served them. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent me...." Gives me goosebumps!

I do wonder what momentous event(s) could be on the horizon for Israel, the Lord's timepiece. I've been praying that the veil will be lifted from all eyes, so they recognize their Messiah Jesus. THAT would be the best event of any!
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:58 pm

Edy wrote:My hubby found this link about the blood moons, yet another interesting perspective! http://unitedwithisrael.org/the-blood-m ... jewish.../

The Blood Moon and Jewish Destiny
"...“When the Jews perform the will of God, they need not worry about omens [or celestial phenomenon]. Thus says the Lord ‘Do not be frightened by the signs of the heavens.’” (Talmud Sukkah 29a)
[/b][/color]

Be aware that the Talmud is not our inspired Scripture.

A rare pattern of total eclipses, known as a lunar tetrad, will occur during 2014 and 2015. In other words, a lunar tetrad is four consecutive blood-red moon events taking place in a relatively short period of time. That has only happened seven times in the past 2000 years. The upcoming tetrad will be the eighth - a number that signifies New Birth, New Creation, or New Beginnings.

Genesis 1:14 (KJV)
“And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; [and let them be for signs], and for seasons, and for days, and years:” (emphasis mine)

All seven of the lunar tetrads during the past 2000 years have either fallen on or very near Jewish Feast Days – specifically, “Passover” and “Tabernacles”. The Jewish Feast Days were established by God as significant appointed times for Israel and the Jewish people. Historically, Passover has been a time of deliverance or war for Israel.

This is what Luke 21:25 (KJV) has to say concerning signs that warn of the last days:
“And there shall be [signs in the sun, and in the moon], and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;” (emphasis mine)

History has recorded that during each of the seven previous tetrads, an event of major proportions has taken place. They include God-appointed times of both disaster and victory for Israel.

The odds of four blood moons occurring in sequence on those Jewish feast days, and with an eclipse of the sun happening in the middle of this tetrad, is beyond our ability to calculate. The only logical answer is that it will be a supernatural alignment controlled by the hand of God.

So, what major event or events will happen during the years of 2014 and 2015? Specifically, what will take place with Israel and the Jewish people? No one can know, but based on the history of tetrads falling on Jewish Feast Days over the past 2000 years, there should be little doubt that something significant will likely take place during that time.

Is the tetrad event of 2014 and 2015 a warning from God that such an event(s) is imminent? We will soon know.

Edy wrote:
That reminded me...since we have this word from Zechariah 2: "...And I will be to her a wall of fire all around, declares the LORD, and I will be the glory in her midst.’” ...For thus said the LORD of hosts, after his glory sent me to the nations who plundered you, for he who touches you touches the apple of his eye: “Behold, I will shake my hand over them, and they shall become plunder for those who served them. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent me...." Gives me goosebumps!

I do wonder what momentous event(s) could be on the horizon for Israel, the Lord's timepiece. I've been praying that the veil will be lifted from all eyes, so they recognize their Messiah Jesus. THAT would be the best event of any!

We need not wonder what momentous events might be on Israel's horizon. The scriptures are very clear about them. I could write pages on what lies ahead - not only for Israel, but for the whole world.

And yes...the veil will be lifted from the eyes of the Jewish people who survive (1/3rd of them) those upcoming events.

Don

Note: My comments are excerpts from a writing I did in January 2014
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:42 pm

John Hagee needs to learn astronomy. The reason it's a "blood moon" is because light from our sun is passing through our atmosphere, making the moon--which reflects the sun's light--appear red. They explained this on the news. I couldn't see it because totality occurred just after midnight in my area, and I was too tired to stay up and watch.

Edy

Postby Edy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:55 pm

My nephew says for us to see a "blood moon" isn't that significant (although it can certainly be a reminder to "look up!"). If it is visible over Jerusalem, that is something else. So, I wonder if the research on the seven earlier series of blood moons, connected to historic events for the Jews, were seen over Israel or not.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Edy wrote:My nephew says for us to see a "blood moon" isn't that significant (although it can certainly be a reminder to "look up!"). If it is visible over Jerusalem, that is something else. So, I wonder if the research on the seven earlier series of blood moons, connected to historic events for the Jews, were seen over Israel or not.

Here is a writing with graphs that explain the blood moons in the past as well as the projected future. The author is not some astrology kook, but rather, is a born again believer. Read about him from the home page of the link.

The writing is long, and the charts must be studied closely for understanding. It also shows which ones have been and will be over Jerusalem (not sure if that is significant).

Much can be learned from all the graphs, but pay close attention to Graph 8A. That one is an attention-getter!

http://bloodmoonscoming.com/?page_id=127

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

Edy

Postby Edy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:59 pm

Thanks ever so much for that link, Don. It looks absolutely fascinating. I'm sure I'll be spending the rest of the day (around other obligations) giving it my full attention. I love studying such organized research.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:43 pm

As a child, we called a red moon a 'harvest moon'. The red has never reminded me of blood but as a time to share what God has provided/given for us.

I hadn't heard the phrase "blood moon" until I was in my 30's and even then it was rarely referred to as that.

If anything, the name change may prompt the connection of the blood Jesus shed for me and you, and His promises that He will always provide for us.

Whether I choose to research or read up on the 'blood moon' facts or theories is irrelivant to my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ who has always been the provider of my faith as well as the necessities I need in my life. If Jesus returned today, tomorrow, next month, in a year or a day long time to come, my faith that He will take me home out of this sinful world and, as the Bible tells us, to continue to make disciples untiil he comes again in all His glory.

If the "signs" are correct, my first thought is not to try and connect this blood moon with that and that blood moon with this, but to share the wonderful news of Jesus. God loved us so much that he sent His only son to died in a barbaric time and place in such a cruel and agonising way, by a savage race in history…because He loves us. Sins are forgiven and whatever the day brings after a "blood moon" or the next, we have the faith in knowing something more beautiful to look forward to..His coming when ever that may be.

I'm ready.

Have a Great Easter.

Chrissy

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler