To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Okay. Enough playing. I need to get the church directory up to date before Christmas and I'm playing too much.

Chrissy

ready2go
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby ready2go » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Yea Chrissy!!! Mission accomplished! Now you own photobucket. 8)

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Since I'm not a subscriber of Photobucket, I wonder if I could do it through Picasa. I use Picasa all the time to crop and all the other things to my photos. Whatcha think?

Meanwhile, if I can get Christine to come over, maybe she can follow Edy's instructions. Thanks so much, Edy. If I have to, I'll join Photobucket.
"I long, O I long to be holy, conformed to His will and His Word.
I long to be gentle and Christ-like; I long to be just like my Lord."

Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:35 pm

I just found this info about Photobucket. http://photobucket.com/terms

Maybe this explains why Edy doesn't receive bills from them.

Mariane Holbrook

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:52 pm

I just opened a free account for now.

Chrissy

BettyDee

Postby BettyDee » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Wow, y'all are chatterboxes. It's hard to keep up.

I have a free Photobucket account. Have had it for several years. I find it to be pretty user friendly. It would be nice if we could upload images directly from pour computers to this board, but we can't. I know that some sites are starting to do that now.

Don, you mentioned you are a pretty good cookie baker. I'm our unofficial official church baker for pot lucks, etc. I hereby challenge you to a cookie bake off. When the winner is announced, we'll have a formal scale-tossing ceremony so we can all eat without guilt. :superhappy
I'm Bound for the Promised Land

Edy

Postby Edy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Betty, I'll be your official cooky taste-tester, and I won't even charge anything for the service! :P I'm such a cooky monster! I noticed a photo on facebook, today, for a chocolate chip cooky recipe made with a nutella filling! Uff da! :thumbs

Passing along a prayer request for my brother-in-law from his son Loyal:

Please keep my dad (Scott) in prayer. He's been treating an ulcer (?) on his foot as an outpatient for several months. Now they've decided to admit him to the hospital, since it hasn't improved (he has type 2 diabetes). Please pray that his foot will make a complete recovery. Thanks, everyone!
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:19 am

Edy, I'll be praying for your brother-in-law. Poor guy!

Edy (again) - Can you post that choc chip cookie recipe with Nutella filling. I'm crazy about Nutella.

Chrissy - Where did you find the application for a free membership to Photobucket? I couldn't find it.

To anybody - Is Photobucket another name for PhotoShop?
I'm going back to bed. I'm having a hard time staying asleep any more. (sigh) :cry2

Mariane Holbrook

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:26 am

BeachGrandma wrote:
Chrissy - Where did you find the application for a free membership to Photobucket? I couldn't find it.

The very first page that comes up after your account name and password is verification. There's 3 choices. The free account is basic and low storage. The 2nd level has a fee and has a bigger album space. The third one is a hiigher fee with mega space.

I don't see a link to go back to the free account but I did notice that links pop up every now and then to "upgrade".

Chrissy

RedBaron

Postby RedBaron » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:06 am

BeachGrandma wrote:To anybody - Is Photobucket another name for PhotoShop?
I'm going back to bed. I'm having a hard time staying asleep any more. (sigh) :cry2

No, they aren't the same. PhotoShop is a downloadable photo-editing program. Photobucket is a free/pay online photo-storage site, with some basic photo-editing abilities.

https://secure.photobucket.com/register
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Ms. Barbie

Postby Ms. Barbie » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:14 am

:) Merry Christmas everyone. Remember me? :)
Barb Culler

Edy

Postby Edy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:05 pm

Oh, Miss Barbie! I'm so happy to see you here. I recently saw some photos on facebook of your darling little grand nieces. Can you show them off here for the non FB Porch pals?

BeachGrandma - I'll see if I can find a recipe for those cookies. All I saw was a photo, but I will check my friend's fb page to see if she has the recipe there.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Some major mental slippage going on...

Okay, so I left home to attend the regular senior's gathering at church this morning. I arrived a bit early, but didn't see anyone near the meeting room.

After waiting there for about 10 minutes, I then went to the main reception desk and asked if the meeting had been cancelled due to yesterday's snow storm. They said no, it had not been cancelled.

I wandered around for another 10 minutes, and still saw none of those who regularly attend. At that point I decided to go back home.

As I was driving down the road to home I heard the time announced over the radio. What???? Then it hit me! I had arrived for the gathering an hour early.

I found a place where I could turn around, and went back to the church. After sitting in the parking lot for about 15 minutes, I went inside to find about 25 people there for the gathering.

Those 25 people were there on time...and I happened to show up an hour early. Like I said...major mental slippage going on!!! :?

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Edy

Postby Edy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:39 pm

My friend Kim had the link for those cookies. I suspect Mariane and Don will drop whatever they are doing and try this out ASAP: http://thebitesizedbaker.com/2012/09/18 ... -sea-salt/ :P

Another link, you might find this interesting: http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... on-rip.php

I heard Roger speak many times, preaching, always, without notes for Sunday evening services at Straitgate church. I think I heard tell that he had memorized the entire book of Psalms, if not the whole New Testament. He was perhaps the most brilliant man I've ever met. Some said he could have been a candidate for a U.S. Supreme Court judge, if he hadn't been so high profile on certain controversial issues (including the Bush V. Gore election case).

He was my Howard's first cousin-once removed, Roger's mom being baby sister to Howard's grandmother.

While on the subject of RIP news, are any of you familiar with the name Merlin Carothers? One of my facebook friends posted information about him. The name sounded familiar, so I checked it out. Among other connections in his biography, he graduated from Marion College in Marion Indiana, dear to the heart of some of you here on the Porch.
http://merlincarothers.remembered.com/
http://www.foundationofpraise.org/biography.html
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

Edy

Postby Edy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:00 pm

And, while I'm here and thinking of it, I have a new captivating piece of music to share with you. My brother Paul heard it on the radio and tracked it down. It's even better watching the performers! I've never seen such a huge orchestra. You may have seen the young conductor profiled on 60 Minutes.

The opening clarinetist is the cutest showman, like he knows he's on camera and giving his best performance. But, he isn't the only one! They all look as if they could be soloists on their respective instruments. Take notice of the drum player sitting behind the cymbal. He could be my nephew Loyal's twin. Funny how we see strange faces that immediately resemble people we know. (The little flute player just past 5:00 reminds me of my grandniece Allegra, too.)

Paul described the piccolo notes as a little bird sitting on the horns of a bull, as if the music resembles a bull fight. 8) The violin bows dancing in unison remind me of a swarm of insects, for some reason...like long-legged grasshoppers! Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA7vEIj6Lzk

My favorite spots on the video show up at: 1:50, 5:00, and 6:18.

Oh, and I don't see a single blond in the bunch - they all remind me of the lost tribes of Israel.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler