Okay, this is no joke. I need input of your most evil, scheming ideas to help with a problem that has been plaguing me...and I need 'em quick!
Some smart xxx kid about 9 or 10 years old has been ringing my doorbell between 5:00 and 5:30pm the past three days. Then, he jumps on his bicycle and pedals up the street as fast as he can go while looking back over his shoulder toward my house.
By the time I get to my front window to see who is there (I never open the door without first knowing), he is half a block up the street. I've never seen the little twerp before. By the way, he has an accomplice who stands guard in the street while his partner in crime is ringing the doorbell.
I've kept watch a bit, and they don't ring other doorbells. They probably heard that some old duffer lives alone in the house, and decided to have fun hassling him. My concern is that if they don't get some reaction out of me, they will think of other more adventurous things to do...like, prop open my back yard gates to let my dog escape. THEN, THEY WOULD KNOW WHAT TROUBLE IS ALL ABOUT!
I'd like to trap the little brat, and I have thought of a few ways.
1) I could hide outside behind my stone flower box within reach of the door without being seen. Then, wring his scrawny little neck.
2) I could set up an overhead, remote controlled, drop-down net to trap him.
3) A remote controlled tazer might work.
4) Build a trap door on the porch floor with a deep pit below.
5) Set up a loud recording of mad, snarling pit bulls that would begin when the door bell is touched.
6) I could ignore them and just put up with it until our cold weather sets in. Sub zero days would probably keep them home.
The only problem with just putting up with them is that I shouldn't need to do that. I don't need hassles from those little creeps or anyone else.