To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

DJGray
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby DJGray » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Edy wrote:We have friends in Washington state. And, I have a cousin or two in either Seattle or Spokane (for some reason, I cannot keep the two names straight). Perhaps you have crossed paths. :thumbs

Actually, yes. We had lunch last week. Image

ready2go
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby ready2go » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:49 pm

Welcome DJ! Mighty glad to see ya.

Men folk have always been a little scarce around here. With all the women on the porch, Dub and I need some manly support. Those women kinda take over a place, ya know.

I like your sense of humor, too. Sometimes I manage to squeeze in a humorous word or two edge-wise. However, I'm expecting my eviction notice any day now. My damage deposit is history, too. The ladies probably spent it all. :roll:

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm around. I'm just lurking. :D

See? I told you I crash both parties, even though I don't actually live in either region. ;)

In other news, if you hadn't seen on facebook, I submitted the last payment for my student loan this past Saturday! I knew I was close, but I didn't realize just HOW close I was, so when I saw how close I was, I decided to just pay the rest in a lump sum. :superhappy
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

Edy

Postby Edy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Good for you, Allison! :thumbs That is a grand achievement and I'm sure a weight lifted. Now you won't know what to do with all your money! :P
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

dub

Postby dub » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:13 am

Miss P and I are in our 60s, it wasn't but a few years ago it seems we finally paid off her law school loans. Congrats Allison.

All the muggy cloudy, misty, sprinkles, but no real rain ... a frustrating day. Today is bright and sunny and so far, not a cloud in the sky. Oh, well, have to keep cleaning ... relatives enroute.

Y'all have a wonderful day in God's world.
"Here I am Lord, send me."

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:48 am

I performed surgery yesterday!

Yep, that's right - surgery! The patient tried very hard to avoid the procedure, and even fought against the razor-sharp knife while on the operating table. However, the surgery was completed and successful as expected, but the patient died.

You see, I surgically removed two nice, bone-free fillets from the four pound walleye I skillfully caught while fishing on our lake yesterday. For those who do not know about such things, the fillets from 2-4 pound walleyes are the best. Them's mighty good eatin'! 8)

Into the freezer they went. Then, after I catch 3-4 more of them I'll invite the porch sitters over for tasty walleye dinner. Walleye...Minnesota's finest! Yumm!

Don
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

dub

Postby dub » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:50 am

Great Don, I'll bring some fresh Tuna to throw on the grill too.

Cool morning in the swamp, but it is a pre cursor of temps to come, weather dude said 90s return next week. I actually have air conditioning on to take humidity out of the air. Relatives from TN expected sometime after lunch. They will be here till Tuesday, then the Atlanta folks move in. As they say on Motel 6 commercials - "We'll leave a light on for ya."

Y'all have a wonderful day celebrating God's Word.

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:54 am

dub wrote:Great Don, I'll bring some fresh Tuna to throw on the grill too.

Cool morning in the swamp, but it is a pre cursor of temps to come, weather dude said 90s return next week. I actually have air conditioning on to take humidity out of the air. Relatives from TN expected sometime after lunch. They will be here till Tuesday, then the Atlanta folks move in. As they say on Motel 6 commercials - "We'll leave a light on for ya."

Y'all have a wonderful day celebrating God's Word.

Fresh Tuna on the grill? Yumm!

I've never caught one of those bad boys. But then, my fresh water lake would be hazardous to a Tuna's health.

The temp hit 91 degrees here yesterday. Last night powerful thunderstorms hit the area with high winds, hail and buckets of rain. The gauge showed 2", with more of all the above promised to come today, tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night, Sunday, and Sunday night.

That will float my boat, and probably sink it, too. :(

Speaking of lakes...
I have signed up for a 1 1/2 hour boat cruise and lunch on Minnesota's famous Lake Minnetonka scheduled for Thursday of next week. It's not just any boat, either. It is a refurbished old passenger steam boat that was hauled up from the lake bottom a couple of years ago. It had sunk and had been down there for many years. I hope they found all of the holes and plugged them. I wouldn't want to get my feet wet in 40' of water, ya know.

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

Verna

Postby Verna » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Welcome Dj, We like men on the porch--for the heavy liftin' doncha know.

Don, if it doesn't moo or cluck or oink, it's not meat for me, though I do like a good tuna melt sandwich. I had a great sandwich at Longhorn for lunch. I'm partial to their grilled chicken with cheese and bacon--all dipped in honey mustard.

I have a friend coming by tomorrow--so a just baked (by Me!) pound cake is on the counter.--Just coming for dessert and coffee. I'll put the rest on the porch, along with some Derby pie.

I've been enjoying the summer not-so-humid days, and wonder of wonders, we put the regular bird feeder back up and the few squirrels who did not move to "greener pastures" when we took it down are not bothering it.

Glad you got those college loans paid Allison. That's a big achievement.

Sunshine to all--with just enough rain to keep the world green!
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

dub

Postby dub » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Please pray for our region. A random shooter shot four people in a nearby village. Three in front of Walmart and one in front of a law firm. No report on the victims, as they are all at the hospital. So far there seems to be no reason given for the shootings, but the report noted that the shooter was heavily armed and planned to shoot more. He too is in the hospital with gun shot wounds, I suppose from police fire.

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:31 am

My goodness, Dub, that's awful !! :( :( :( :( :clap :clap

WELCOME, WELCOME, D.J. I have to ask, does D.J. stand for Disk Jockey or is it your real name, like David Jennings, or Dean Jordan or what. Hey, I have an idea. Let's have a contest about what your initials stand for. We get to guess as many times as we want to and the winner will be a hand-delivered fish dinner prepared by our own Don.

Let the guessing begin! I'm thinking: :book2 :book2 :book2 :book2 :book2

Delbert Jackson
:superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :clap :clap :clap :clap
"O Jesus, Jesus, dearest Lord, forgive me if I say
For very love, thy sacred name, a thousand times a day.
O Jesus, Lord, with me abide; I rest in Thee whate'er betide.
Thy gracious smile is my reward. I love, I love Thee, Lord.

Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Don Juan? :angel2
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:32 pm

Edy, I'd declare you the official winner but of course, I can't do that. D.J holds the key to this puzzle. Great answer, tho.

BTW, I was so late in getting your book and the others sent out. I sent out 6 and you'd think it was a monumental task, the way I kept putting it off. They were so thick that an ordinary envelope wouldn't work and I wanted them to arrive in good shape. Anyway, I'm glad yours arrived.

You know that story about John and the car horn? I'm thinking of writing it up and sending it to Chicken Soup For the Soul publishers. Might work.

Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:37 pm

I'VE GOT IT !!! I KNOW THIS IS IT !!!

D.J. stands for Rev. David Jeremiah, TV pastor extraordinaire !!!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :superhappy :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Okay, here is the real answer.
All of you might think you have guessed the right one, but here is the real deal.

D.J. stands for Dow Jones.
You see, Mr. D.J. invented Wall Street...he owns it...he lives there...and he is super rich.

Now since I have revealed the correct answer, the promised walleye dinner is all mine. I get to eat it all by myself, and I deserve it, too. I can already taste it. Yumm!

:wink:

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler