To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

BeachGrandma
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby BeachGrandma » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Joanney, I'll be praying for you and hope if you go home tonight that you can post just a little something so we have recent word from you. You've been through so much and now I'll be glad when the surgery is over and you start feeling well again.

We all love you dearly.
"O Jesus, Jesus, dearest Lord, forgive me if I say
For very love, thy sacred name, a thousand times a day.
O Jesus, Lord, with me abide; I rest in Thee whate'er betide.
Thy gracious smile is my reward. I love, I love Thee, Lord.

Mariane Holbrook

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:24 pm

Joanney, I'm so sorry to hear this. You've suffered with this for too long already. Hugs and prayers, dear lady.

Don, how is Carol? Any word on when she may be able to return home and have hospice care?

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:26 am

After 2 units of blood last night and various things to stop the bleeding, my hemoglobin is even lower this morning. So, two more units of blood. The doctor said blast night that if my hemoglobin wasn't so dangerously low, he would have done an emergency hysterectomy last night. But it was only at 6.4 (5.8 this morning) and it needs to be at least 10 for surgery. His goal is to get hemoglobin up and di surgery by end of the week. He doesn't think I can wait until March 28 when it is scheduled. Problem is, they will have to convince insurance to pay if b4 April 8. But this visit might just put it in emergency status which it sounds like ins would thehave to pay as overriding pre-existing. Please pray for the finances of this whole fiasco as well. Thanks.

Sorry, don't know how to change this to red from my pbone, but thought I would gvive an update.
ImageImage

"We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners."

You have wearied the LORD with your words.
“How have we wearied him?” you ask.
By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Malachi 2:17

Pam-MN

Postby Pam-MN » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:04 pm

Oh, Joanney, I couldn't get on the FW forums last night...have no idea why. But I got a link in my e-mail to Southern Porch so here I am.

I have been so out of touch lately. But please know that I'm praying for you and will add you to the prayer list among my prayer partners up here. And, of course, I'll pray about the finances of this situation.

Love you, Girlfriend. God loves you, your boys love you, and family and friends all over will be praying for your swift and complete recovery.

Sending hugs.

Pam

Edy

Postby Edy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Joining in the circle of prayer surrounding you, Joanney. We can also stand on God's promises that He provides for our every need. So, in that we can rest, and "in nothing be anxious." The Great Physician has it all covered. :grouphug2 :loveyou
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 pm

I AM HOME! My hemoglobin was at 8 this afternoon so I got to come home. The ultra sound showed that I not only have fibriods (the largest of which is about the same size as it was last March) but also bi-lateral ovarian cysts. The bleeding has pretty much stopped, and the goal is to keep it that way until the scheduled surgery, so I have a prescription for that and also a prescription for iron tablets.

I have at least tomorrow off at both jobs and will spend the day relaxing, and maybe a few errands if I feel up to it.
ImageImage

By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:26 pm

Joanney, thanks for keeping us posted. What a lot to think about and do to prepare for surgery in such a short time - with the boys, work, things at home, insurance, etc. Praying for you.

Don, how are things with Carol?

Edy

Postby Edy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Joanney wrote:I AM HOME! My hemoglobin was at 8 this afternoon so I got to come home. The ultra sound showed that I not only have fibriods (the largest of which is about the same size as it was last March) but also bi-lateral ovarian cysts. The bleeding has pretty much stopped, and the goal is to keep it that way until the scheduled surgery, so I have a prescription for that and also a prescription for iron tablets.

I have at least tomorrow off at both jobs and will spend the day relaxing, and maybe a few errands if I feel up to it.

Praise the Lord! Will you be able to wait for the scheduled surgery date, when your insurance will be in force?
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:50 pm

From what the doctor said, the plan is to wait if we can keep the bleeding stopped. But if it starts again I need to call and we may, depending on the severity, need to do it as emergency status. I talked briefly with a gal from the financial office at the hospital. She suggested that I apply for Financial Assistance as secondary insurance and then even if insurance covers it, my out of pocket will be less.
ImageImage

pacwriter
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby pacwriter » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:20 am

Just stopped in to say high, tip of my hat and on to the beach.

Verna

Postby Verna » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:32 am

Joanney, I had an urge to pray for you this morning--even before I read your posts on the porch. I'm thankful for all those on the porch who care and pray and am glad to be a part. I will continue with others to pray for your physical and financial needs and for the stress you are under due to both. You have such a loving mother's heart. I'm sure your boys are concerned--so I'm adding them to the prayer list. God bless you.

Welcome to pacwriter.
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Glad you're home, Joanney!

I got my staples removed today, and there was almost NO pain. Woohoo! Now if they'd just let me out of the house, I'd feel like a real girl again. :)
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Laurie wrote:

Don, how is Carol? Any word on when she may be able to return home and have hospice care?

Carol is still in intensive care at the hospital, and will likely be there for several more days. Her condition is still very unstable, but some things have shown some improvement. However, others have grown worse.

As much as Carol wants to be at home in familiar surroundings with everything and everyone she has loved and known for many years, and as much as we want her at home, it might be too soon to do that.

We feel it would be best for her to spend a few weeks or a month in an outside care facility where her every need can be monitored, and with staff attending to her 24/7 under hospice control. After her specific needs for care have been identified and in place, and if her condition permits, then, bring her home where she desires to live. That would provide the time needed to set up the home environment with the equipment and supplies in a hospital room setting as needed- as well as the personnel needed for her required care.

Neither I nor our family members have the expertise, energy, or time available to consistantly work care shifts 24/7 for as long as needed. If Carol's condition should deteriorate in the outside care facility as I suspect it will, then, she would likely need to stay there.

I believe her time on earth is very short. It is a horrible situation any way you look at it.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Don, does the ICU that Carol is in allow her to have flowers? I would like to send some to her as I know how much she enjoys them. What hospital is she in? Can you send me the address and room number? Thanks.
ImageImage

forHIM

Postby forHIM » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Joanney, so glad you are home and will continue to pray for you as you await surgery. I am glad that the talked the the financial office as I know that they can offer you assistance if you need to have surgery before your insurance kicks in. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts ( a lot of my thoughts are short prayer during the day) that God will provide all your needs.

Don, so sorry that Carol is still in ICU and that she may not be coming home for awhile. I know that it must be very hard for you not to have your bride home with you. But, this can be the time the Lord uses to renew your own strength and allow you to catch up with your sleep. I will keep you both in my prayers and thoughts too.

Allison, so glad the staples are out. How soon till you are able to go outside and play? I know that when I am laid up after surgeries staying inside is the hardest part of the recovery. But, again God uses this time to renew our strength and give us a good excuse to be waited on :D

May our Lord take care of all His sheep on this porch. May His peace, strength, and renewing power rest on the hearts and souls who are in need. Amen and Amen
When God calls me to account, what will I answer Him? Job 31:14

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=29757

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler