To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

BeachGrandma
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby BeachGrandma » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:45 am

Joanney, do you bake them after thawing them or bake them frozen? Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom. I kid you not!

Edy, that story was so priceless I wish I had written it. The thought that we can sing in other worlds was something I pondered after reading it and it was a very comforting and beautiful thought indeed. Thank you for posting it.

I admit to being more than just a little concerned about the Electoral College win coming up. I feel we conservatives are more complacent and content than we should be. Do you have any feelings one way or another about this possibility?
Last edited by BeachGrandma on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I long, O I long to be holy, conformed to His will and His Word.
I long to be gentle and Christ-like; I long to be just like my Lord."

Mariane Holbrook

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:16 am

Happy Birthday, Verna! :party

teal - team

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:53 am

I thaw the pies first, but not always all the way. I baked one this morning and left it here on the porch for Verna's birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VERNA!

:birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party
ImageImage

"We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners."

You have wearied the LORD with your words.
“How have we wearied him?” you ask.
By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Malachi 2:17

Joanney

Postby Joanney » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:55 am

team --> ream
ImageImage

"We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners."

You have wearied the LORD with your words.
“How have we wearied him?” you ask.
By saying, “All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them” or “Where is the God of justice?”

Malachi 2:17

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:01 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VERNA!

:party :birthday :party

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:10 am

BeachGrandma wrote:

I admit to being more than just a little concerned about the Electoral College win coming up. I feel we conservatives are more complacent and content than we should be. Do you have any feelings one way or another about this possibility?

I am not just "a little concerned"...I am "very concerned" about the election. It is possible that we might not know the outcome for days, or even weeks. Just ask Bush and Gore about that. The handlers of both candidates likely have "hidden tactics" in place to insure that their man will come out on top. You are right, we must never become complacent or content that our candidate will win.

This is likely the most important election of all time, and it will determine the USA's future...at least for the short term, and probably much longer. I am very concerned that the "wrong man" might occupy the Oval Office for the next four years.

I fear for the future of this nation and the American people. I fear that people who are struggling today will find themselves in a deeper hole with no way out. I fear that the freedoms all have enjoyed might quickly disappear with the stroke of a pen. I fear for the healthcare of the aging and other so-called "unproductive" citizens. I fear that the value of life itself will be compromised even more than it is now. I fear that open worship by true Bible believing Christians will become illegal because it will be deemed socially unacceptable. I fear for the security of our country.

I fear for those things...and more, but God is in control of today and tomorrow. We must trust Him.

I also fear for all of you and yours. I fear for my family...and selfishly, I fear for myself, too. I fear for the millions who by repentant faith alone have not received Jesus as Savior, Lord, and the Master of their life. The time remaining for them to "get spiritually ready" is almost gone. The time is now here to "be ready" for His soon return. Maranatha!

Don
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Laurie

Postby Laurie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm really concerned, too. Jobs, economy, health care, foreign policy... Goodness, it doesn't look good even if my preferred candidate gets in. And if he doesn't, I'm especially afraid. :(

Dealing with a lingering headache today from that allergen exposure last night. :(

Carole L

Postby Carole L » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:01 pm

I would like to see the Electorial College dowe away with.it's no longer needed. All other elected positions are by popular vote, the presidency should be, too,
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:20 am

HEYYYYYYY, Wait just-a-minit ! What happened to the birthday posting I put on here this morning, wishing my dear friend, Verna a Happy Birthday? Using what limited birthday Smileys we have on Faith Writers, I decorated the posting with everything I could find to tell Verna how much we love her.

I filled it full of :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday wishes; enough to include everyone in Charlotte, NC. And now I don't see even one of the cakes I especially iced for dear Verna

So, I guess I'll have to celebrate again, only this time using different thingys:[/b] :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday :party :party :birthday :birthday

So, I hope this reaches you, dear Verna, before another year has passed! You're the youngest 40-year-old I've EVER seen! God bless you. I love you.

Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:01 am

Ream ---> Roam

Mariane, you sure know how to fill up a page! :P I could only find one
:birthday to YOU, dear Verna left over!

But, I did get to wish Verna a Happy Birthday over on facebook earlier today - and she must be busy partying since I haven't seen hide nor hair of her either here or there!

Something I found on facebook is a good reminder to still any fears.

America's hope---
Not in the donkey,
Nor the elephant,
But in the Lamb.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven....
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:32 am

I saw that on Facebook, too, Edy, and loved it.

Verna is probably spending the weekend with her children somewhere and having a grand birthday celebration. No one deserves it more!

Don's birthday is somewhere in the middle of November. I'll have to look it up on my trusty, dusty, rusty computer.

BRB

Here it is: Don- Nov. 17
Debby - Nov 24

xoxoxox
Last edited by BeachGrandma on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:43 am

It's hard to ignore the fact that when the presidential candidates are speaking before a group, often times there will be wild shouting and arm waving immediately following significant statements. The outburst sounds much like that of cheerleaders at a basketball game.

I believe both political parties plant paid screamers in the front rows of the audience who respond to cue cards located behind the cameras. The cards are displayed to initiate excitement at appropriate times. Of course, the strategy is to influence the TV viewing audience.

It occurred to me that real excitement could be created if some brave soul could figure a way to hook up a laugh track recording to the PA system...and play it often. Sadly, I'm afraid his life would come to an abrupt end.

Fortunately, the political circus will skid to a halt late tomorrow night for supporters of one of the candidates, and the screamers can go back home. But then, half of the country will be screaming because their candidate lost the battle.

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

deejay

Postby deejay » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:37 pm

I remember that story from Reader's Digest. You left out the part where one day he was talking to Information, and his sister came charging out, screaming at him, and he was so scared he accidentally tore the handset out of the phone. The next thing he knew, there was a knock on the door. A telephone repairman stood there, saying Information had sent him to see why the call had been suddenly interrupted. As he led the way to the phone, he told the repairman what happened. The repairman reconnected the handset, called Information, and told her what happened. I don't know if his sister got punished for scaring him and causing the phone damage.

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:35 pm

deejay wrote:I remember that story from Reader's Digest. You left out the part where one day he was talking to Information, and his sister came charging out, screaming at him, and he was so scared he accidentally tore the handset out of the phone. The next thing he knew, there was a knock on the door. A telephone repairman stood there, saying Information had sent him to see why the call had been suddenly interrupted. As he led the way to the phone, he told the repairman what happened. The repairman reconnected the handset, called Information, and told her what happened. I don't know if his sister got punished for scaring him and causing the phone damage.

???huh??? What story???

Are you lost...or, am I suffering from major mental slippage again?

Houston, we have a problem here in cyber land! Help needed soon!!

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

Edy

Postby Edy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Don, I think you'll like this encouraging news: :superhappy http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/romney-w ... -it-means/
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler