To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

Verna
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby Verna » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:43 am

Good Morning Porch Friends, I think I'm caught up now!

Mariane, I'm praying right now for those precious boys--both of them, but especially the younger one with his concerns. He's a sensitive child and has had to endure more than a child should have to. He's blessed to have you and John, as well as his dad in his life, and I think God is giving you real wisdom in comforting him. May his heart be mature enough to realize that even when God does take loved ones, it's not a forever thing with those who know the Lord.

Yay, Debbie--so glad to see you back. You're a ray of sunshine.

Barb, I think your family will love North Carolina. I hope all goes well with their move.

Joanney, I'm glad God has shown you his grace and made you an example of it.

Congratulations, Laurie, on your special anniversary.

Welcome always, Tomoral.

Don, That song blesses me so much! Thank you for posting it.

Love your encouraging words, as always, Edy.

Carol, I've been wondering if you've fully recovered from your surgery and how you're doing. I get a one-year check-up in October for kidney stones, and I'm praying i'll get a good report.

Carole, I'm thankful for the grace God gave you when you needed it most.

AND I have news! :superhappy Second granddaughter is pregnant. So now the older one will have a baby about March 2, and the younger one will have one about April 1. The girls are close and live in the same time--looking forward to their children's cousin time!

AND I have more news. With the help of a friend who has an editing/publishihg company, I am publishing a book of poetry--most of it from challenge entries. My granddaughters are the graphic designers. I am so excited about this. My husband gave me the money for our anniversary to make my publishing dream come true. I have poems in categories of nature, inspiration, personal reflections, and just for fun. I hope it's published before the year is out. It will be in print and on Kindle and Nook. I have been so busy with editing and organizing and planning that I've not been to the porch much, but I still think of you all and pray for you!
Verna

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverb 17:22

Facebook author page: Verna Cole Mitchell
http://www.magnificomanuscripts.com/

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Mariane, my heart goes out to you and those precious boys and am blessed to see the wisdom God gave you to handle it. I wish there were some way we could protect our loved ones from the pain of life.

Verna, congratulations on all the joy coming your way! I am so happy for you. And I bet those little cousins will be close to one another for life. What wonderful news!

I hope too you will get a good report and have no further issues with kidney stones. I wouldn't wish them on anyone. I think I'm fully recovered from the surgeries now. My biggest difficulty is drinking enough. I really struggle with that for some reason. But I pray God will help me drink what I need.
http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=45576

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

Verna

Postby Verna » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Carol, I've found one bottled water that I like. (The PA had told me that most people with kidney stones don't drink enough water because they don't care for it.) I look for Propel zero Grape on sale; I love the taste. You're right. God supplies what we need ---and more. I drink tap water, too, but this is a treat.
Verna

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks, Verna, I'll check it out.

"God has not called me to be successful, God has called me to be faithful." Mother Teresa

"...not to advance in the spiritual life is to go back. But those who have the gale of the Holy Spirit go forward even in sleep.". Brother Lawrence

Carole L

Postby Carole L » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:22 pm

About the water: a lot of high-end salons give their patron cucumber water. Sounded awful when I heard of it, but loved it after I tried it. Just take a couple slices of cucumber and put it in the water, even tap water. Just leave it there, like you would a lemon slice. It gives the water clean, fresh taste. You can't taste cucumber, just clean water. I love it. Sometimes I even fill a pitcher with water, drop in several slices and just leave it in the frig, so it's always ready. When I was working, I used to fill a gallon jug with water and put in in a cooler at my desk. My goal was to empty the jug by the time I left for home. I need to get back into that habit, of drinking that much water, I mean.
Carole

Proud to be a 500 member.
I don't know the master plan, but I know the Master has a plan.

http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=34113

Green Leaves

Postby Green Leaves » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:00 pm

I never heard of that, Carole. And, wow, I'm impressed that you were able to drink that much. I have never been one to drink much (or eat much for that matter). My daughter tells me I don't eat enough to keep a fly alive. But quite frankly, I feel I am force "drinking" myself.... It feels like such a burden to me hanging over my head. It sounds stupid, I know, but it's that hard for me.

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:35 pm

Verna and Carole, thanks for the water tips. I had been putting a 1/2 tsp of sugar in my water per quarts but don't think that's the right choice. I've asked John to get me the grape drink you recommended, Verna, when he goes to WalMart this afternoon. And Carole, I love cucumber sandwiches so I know I'll like the cucumber water, too. Thanks to you both for the suggestions because like Carol, I find it difficult to drink all the water I should every day.

Tim's fiance is arriving tonight with a friend to spend the holiday weekend here. Tim said he and his girlfriend will probably be married next April. They seem wonderfully suited for each other and they have such a close walk with God that they're seeking His will for every situation they'll be confronted with. She has a 14-year-old son and of course, Tim has 2 boys age 7 and 11. They have a wonderful time swimming in the ocean and playing games on their computers so April can't come soon enough for them.

My computer is cutting off all the time and I'm so disappointed in it and my service man. The computer will lock and nothing I can do will make it run smoothly again. Wouldn't you know it would act up right before a long holiday weekend when no one is available to repair it? I want a new one so bad! But this one is almost new, so my chances of that happening are somewhere between none and zilch. :pirate2 :pirate2 :pirate2 :pirate2 :pirate2 :pirate2 :pirate2 :pirate2

Laterrrrrrrrrrrrrr
. :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou :loveyou
"O Jesus, Jesus, dearest Lord, forgive me if I say
For very love, thy sacred name, a thousand times a day.
O Jesus, Lord, with me abide; I rest in Thee whate'er betide.
Thy gracious smile is my reward. I love, I love Thee, Lord.

Mariane Holbrook

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:12 pm

ALERT

THE HOPE AND THE CHANGE (MOVIE)

This is a movie of the journey of 40 Independents and Democrats who voted for Barack H. Obama in 2008 expecting positive hope and change in government for themselves and for America through the past 4-years. They will give the reasons why their vote will be different this election.

It was recently shown on Hannity's program and the response was so great that there will be another showing this Sunday night on Fox at 10 pm.

Hannity said it was the best documentary he had ever seen.

Mark your calender, if you wish.

Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:09 pm

BeachGrandma wrote:ALERT

THE HOPE AND THE CHANGE (MOVIE)

This is a movie of the journey of 40 Independents and Democrats who voted for Barack H. Obama in 2008 expecting positive hope and change in government for themselves and for America through the past 4-years. They will give the reasons why their vote will be different this election.

It was recently shown on Hannity's program and the response was so great that there will be another showing this Sunday night on Fox at 10 pm.

Hannity said it was the best documentary he had ever seen.

Mark your calender, if you wish.

Sounds like a good movie to see. But, 10:00 pm? I'm makin' a lot of zzzzzzz's at that time of the night.

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:21 am

Can you record it?

Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:45 am

BeachGrandma wrote:Can you record it?

Record what? The movie or my zzzzzzzz's? :?

The movie...yes. My zzzzzzz's...well, nobody would want to hear them. :shock:

(Don searches for instruction manual so he can record stuff on his dust-covered recording machinery) 8)
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Arpy
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby Arpy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:16 pm

What hallo, everybody!
Back from infinity and ambiguity -- and the Virginia Scottish Games -- and visiting the porch. I see things seem to be going fine. No red ink on this page, anyway.

Busy writing the world's best screenplay (see below) and a couple of novels, so see ya'll later.
Arpy

I write adventures, historical fiction, war stories, fantasies, psychological and spy thrillers.

IN PROGRESS:
Snaga - fan fiction fantasy
Emira - action adventure
Confessions of an Evil Genius - psychological thriller
The Play-Actor - sci-fi, historical, psychological spy thriller
Dreamreader - YA psychological thriller
A fantasy without a title
RECENT DRAFTS:
Royal Opposition - action adventure

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 am

I wrote a little devotional this morning that I would like to share here.

Don

~ ~ ~

FROM DEEP VALLEYS TO THE MOUNTAIN TOPS

Today, good people sometimes struggle with pain and uncertainty due to unforeseen circumstances in their journey through life. Unexpected and overwhelming obstacles blocking their path…many of which can be in the form of financial, health, employment, relationship issues, and more…are sources of great concern and heartbreak to them. Many folks are desperate, and do not know which way to turn.

Perhaps I can understand some of what they might be going through because I have also faced formidable trials more than a time or two during my life. Yes, there were times when I found myself in a deep valley with a steep mountain blocking my pathway. But, do you know what? God is in the business of moving mountains for us if we have placed our complete faith and trust in Jesus as Savior and Lord of our life. Although none of us can know what tomorrow might bring, He knows of all our tomorrows and beyond.

In Jeremiah 29:11-13 we read: "'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.'"

That is a great promise for all who have committed their life to Him! Jesus’ hand is always outstretched and ready to receive all who are willing to reach out by accepting Him as Savior, and by declaring Him Lord of their life. Take His hand and hold on tightly! Ask Him to lead you each step of the way through the dark valleys, and He will do it according to His plan for your life. Cast all of your concerns on Him and trust Him, for He desires to have a day-by-day personal relationship with His own. He cared for me in my times of need...and He can do the same for you.

Perhaps you already possess the heart knowledge of salvation, grace, and the comfort He freely offers to all who would choose to accept it. If so, you need to praise God and thank Him! But if not, then, turn to Him today. Reach out and receive Jesus as Savior and Lord of your life. Place your complete faith and trust in Him and His promises. Then, follow in His footsteps as He leads you out of the dark valleys and into the sunshine on the mountain tops.

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

Verna

Postby Verna » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Wonderfully encouraging --and inviting, Don. God bless you!
Verna

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Don, since God's Word will not return unto him void, I'll be anxious to find out who reads your post and how it deeply impacted their life. God bless you for caring for the lost and dying and wanting to see men and women experience a New Testament conversion.

Mariane Holbrook

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler