To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Southern Porch Extension

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: cori67, RedBaron, Shann

ready2go
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Southern Porch Extension

Postby ready2go » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Edy wrote:Don, how do we know that weather report wasn't just a big April Fool's Day joke? :P

You will know the answer to that after peeking outside your window when you get up tomorrow at 5:00 or 5:30am. :lol:

Don
John 14:6
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"
http://faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=41225

http://faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=18654

"The Israel Connection"
http://theisraelconnection.blogspot.com/

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Edy

Postby Edy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:42 pm

Hope SPRINGs eternal...but it's raining ice, here. Guess that answers the joke question! :mrgreen:
"Jesus Never Fails!" Love, Edy
The Gospel is such Good News even Christians don't believe it!
The Power of Story
We are the third temple! Acts 7:48, 1 Peter 2:4-5
Essentially Lutheran
My StoriesMy Blog:The Prairie Nightingale

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:35 am

From the looks of Edy's Email, I'd say she has S.N.O.W. Big Time !!!

:brrr :brrr :brrr :brrr :brrr :brrr
"I long, O I long to be holy, conformed to His will and His Word.
I long to be gentle and Christ-like; I long to be just like my Lord."

Mariane Holbrook

Edy

Postby Edy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:30 pm

Howard took the ruler outside with him and measured seven and a half inches from top to bottom of new snow, before he shoveled. It was not the light and fluffy stuff, either. But, the sun came out and warmed up the shoveled sidewalks, so they are now clear and dry. It is all supposed to be melted by the weekend.

My niece is home to Minnesota from Tennessee, visiting her folks. She posted on facebook "Yes, I shoveled snow at midnight...and loved every minute!" She misses her home state. I replied: "Now we know, Grace! Your visit brought on the snow, just so you could enjoy this gift from Heaven. Praise the Lord! :)"
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:09 am

This was printed in Reader's Digest along with 45 other things like it:

1. The average apple you see in the supermarket is 14 months old or older.
2. Grocery stores usually don’t have the best milk prices. The milk at drugstores and convenience stores is typically priced 30 to 50 cents less per gallon.
3. If you’re worried about what’s in your ground meat, buy a piece of roast when it’s on sale and have your butcher grind it up for you in-store. A sirloin roast would be so delicious as hamburger. Let's not buy any more packaged ground beef.
4. Find out when your butcher marks down meat. At most stores, it’s between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
5. Groceries will happily cut your meat into any shape you want. They will also slice your loaves of bread any thickness you want.

Mariane Holbrook

BettyDee

Postby BettyDee » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:14 pm

Wow, hard to believe some of you are having snow, and lots of it. It's definitely spring here - wind and all.

We have had a tragedy in our family. Don's niece's husband was killed in a head on collision on Thursday morning. He and our niece had only been married a few weeks and have a new baby. So sad. Prayers appreciated for everyone.

I'm trying to get in the mood to do some spring cleaning. My sister is coming next month and I would like for everything to be polished when she arrives. Not that she cares, but she's never seen our new home, and I would like for it to look extra nice. Anyone want to volunteer to come and help? Some of you folks in the colder climates could enjoy our warm, weather down here. :wink:
I'm Bound for the Promised Land

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Betty, I'm so sorry to read of your loss.

A young life taken away is difficult, if not impossible, to understand. However, God had other plans for your niece's husband, and all must trust in His infinite and perfect wisdom.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Don
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

"I have a story to tell...the saving gospel to share...and the fire of the Holy Spirit burning deep within my soul."

Edy

Postby Edy » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:35 pm

The sudden death of a young person has to be so terribly difficult to comprehend. My best friend from nurses' training had more than one such experience. I asked her how she could possibly cope, imagining how devastating it must be. She replied that God gives each of us grace to endure different types of trials, and coping with loss must have been her gift.

But, oh the grief! Praying the young wife, especially, feels the Everlasting Arms around her, and Comfort for a lifetime for all the family.

Thanks for letting us know, Betty.
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

BettyDee

Postby BettyDee » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Thanks, friends. I feel like he had accomplished what he was sent here to do, but like both of you said, it's till hard to lose a young person. I appreciate your words so very much.
I'm Bound for the Promised Land

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:16 am

BettyDee wrote:Thanks, friends. I feel like he had accomplished what he was sent here to do, but like both of you said, it's till hard to lose a young person. I appreciate your words so very much.

Have beeen praying for the family.

How tragic.

Chrissy

RiversidePeace
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

Postby RiversidePeace » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:28 am

We have entered Autumn here down under but no real change yet only windy and wet days that seem to follow another then back to humidity and warm nights. Some trees are losing their greeness but they all have their leaves still attached.

I do so love the breeze when I ride my 3 wheeler bycycle along the river path aross the road. Yesterday the weather was perfect for riding so I rode further than I have done before. I only stopped and returned when I did because the bridge path across the river is to narrow for anyone to walk or ride pass me coming in the opossite direction. Being a heritage bridge, I don't expect it to be widen anytime either.

Weather perdictions are not very clear for the coming winter so we will just have to wait. Last year was cold but that's probably because we had only sheets on our windows and no heating until the last month of the season.

Praying everyone and hope you all have a beautiful Spring.

Chrissy

BeachGrandma

Postby BeachGrandma » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:24 am

I imagine one of the hardest jobs in the world would belong to the preacher who delivered the sermon or eulogy at the memorial service of a young parent or a young child. The bereaved want some answers and often there aren't any obvious ones beyond "It's God's will" or "His/her
time on earth was done." Then the grieving husband is left with the question, "But our little children need their mama. There are some shoes a daddy just cannot fill." I pray the God of all comfort and peace will fill the hearts of all your grieving relatives today, Betty.

Tim is in D.C. for 3 days with 4 busloads of students. He was sick all last week with the flu so he's really dragging. I pray for his health and the safety of all the kids. Normally, son Johnny, who owns the business assigns 3 or 4 directors for such a big group but April and May are the busiest months for school trips so all the other directors are busy with tours, too.

Jackson is home sick from school today with a terrible cold so I hope it doesn't develop into the flu, too.

Love you guys and gals -

Mariane Holbrook

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 am

Well, I did it. I know...it was a gutsy thing to do, but I simply couldn't help myself.

So, what is the "it" thing that was so daring?

Okay...yesterday I removed the snow shovel and roof rake from my deck and placed them in the garage. They are now packed away for the long hot summer.

My thinking now is that if a big early-spring snow storm should hit my area, well...it can just melt and disappear without my help. Enough is enough!

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

Edy

Postby Edy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:13 am

This morning when I got up, I had to check how the sunshine looked coming through my shiny windows! :superhappy Yesterday, hubby and I tried a new and speedy way to wash windows. I didn't need to crawl up a ladder (I hate heights!) and saved a lot of elbow grease.

In case you'd like our "recipe," here you go:

Of course, we can only use this method (with a hose) on the outside of windows! :)
But, I think I'll try this inside with a little spray bottle of water, with a towel at
the bottom of the window to soak up the water.

========================================
HERE'S A MAGICAL WAY TO CLEAN YOUR WINDOWS!!!
This is the best way EVER to clean your windows!!! No drying is needed, and you won't have any spots or streaks on your window! You can clean 2 big sliding glass doors and 8 large windows in minutes!!!

Here are the ingredients you need to use:
1/2 gallon warm water
1 Tablespoon of liquid "Jet Dry"
2-3 Tablespoons of liquid laundry detergent or dish washing soap

Mix all of the ingredients above. Spray your windows down with your hose to get them wet
then wipe or brush on the solution onto your windows, then immediately hose it off.
That’s all there is to it and you're done. The remaining water just sheets off and you
don't need to dry it off!
=======================
I have a long-handled brush (works great to reach the top of the window without a step
ladder); I took the cover for an ice cream pail out of the recycle and poked a hole in
the center with jabs from a screw driver (while waiting for Howard to get out his
drill!), leaving a hole just big enough to push the brush handle snuggly through it.
That keeps drips from the brush from running down your arms! :)
The Power of Story
Essentially Lutheran

ready2go

Postby ready2go » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:39 am

Two years ago I found a good way to have clean windows - inside and out! 8)

There was no mixing of some magical solution...no brushing...no punching holes in ice cream lids...and no ladders to climb.

I simply had a crew replace all of the windows and patio doors in my house with sparkling clean, new ones.

They installed 24 full-frame windows and 3 patio doors. Oh...I won't mention the size of the price tag. :shock:

Don

"My Journey To Jesus"

"The Israel Connection"

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler