To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Hire
Writers
Editors
Home Read What's New Join
Faith
Writers
Forum
My Account Login
Shop
Save
Support
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

The perfect place for general chat (non-writing related). Please, no political discussions.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

deejay
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby deejay » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:58 pm

No, not looking for a job--as Albert Einstein once said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." I think God wants me to just work at the church. I've had enough times when I felt as if I was pounding my head into a brick wall only to find it was God saying no to realize that. But He's been very good to me, enabling me to be a blessing to others. After all, the Bible speaks highly of the poor, and it was the poorest church, the church of Macedonia, that gave the most to Paul's ministry. He's got something planned, I just have to wait for it.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 pm

So behind it isn't funny anymore. :(

Hiya ShortStuff good to see you. Were those pictures before or after, toooo bright to be during. If you hear from Shann, please let her know I am praying for her.

The fires out this direction have been making things so smoky. Most days it looks like the normal fog all day, unless you notice the sun. But there has been a good side, that blood red moon looks cool. :roll:

Had our first good rain today so the area is clearing some what. I just pray it was enough to help them get things under control, if not putting them out completely. At least the air today smelled clean... for a little while.

I really need a new computer, or maybe a new Windows program for mine. <<still using XP, and finding it harder to do anything online. It is almost 10 years old, but it still runs great, just can't use the net very good. Actually, very little. Most of my online stuff is done on the tablet, but I need extra strong magnifying glasses to read the silly thing. Oh well, I guess I will have to admit it after all.... I am getting......

Old. :(
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:03 am

Thanks for prayers. Still in hospital and feeling miserable.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:40 am

Being in a hospital around a bunch of medical peeps would make me feel miserable too. :(

JesusPuppy Profile

Shann

Postby Shann » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:33 pm

Just got home. It's nice to be in own bed! Thanks for prayers and love. :D
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Shann!

My future great-nephew will be named Michael Anthony; but that's what my niece and her husband are going with now, I'm told.
My sister sent me an email yesterday, asking if I'd received a package she'd sent Sept. 1st. I said I'd check; I'd picked up my mail that morning but didn't see any notifications. Then last night I was going over my mail and reading it, and there's this tiny post-it note, written in Spanish, that I had a package. Got it this morning; it's a bunch of toiletries.

The other day I came home to find another resident had passed away. That's the third since I've been there. Someone said he had gray hair, so it was probably his time to go. But I did say a prayer for his family and friends; I myself didn't know him, like I didn't know the other two.

Checked on my cousin in Florida; she's okay, power has been out since Sunday. She said she hasn't checked with my aunt, but she believes she's okay, was supposed to have been moved out by other family members.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 pm

My post was deleted. :(

Stopped by last saturday and said, "Hi Shann, welcome back." And it is not there now. I know I hit submit. At least I think I did. :roll:

Oh well, it is raining again here, maybe it will put out those fires. Working in the rain sure does dim MY fire. :brrr

JesusPuppy Profile

Previous

Return to The Water Cooler