To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby jaybird » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Shann wrote:Wow you have been a chatty bunch of coconuts. It's so nice to see some life in the rest stop.

I do like your crazy family idea Becky. You have so much to draw from. Man between Pup and Holly and Amy all oddballs. And I could be the normal one.

Oh man I'm so tired think I'm going to bed early. I did finish the 27 page editing job done. It needs a final run through but glad I'm done.

I do hope I can get a decent bed. I think it'll help a lot.

Shann, did you sleep well?

AWWW, Amy what a romantic that Andy is!

I celebrated my bday on Sunday and my sis and hubby came over. We watched football, most importantly, the Seattle Seahawks. I received some movies, including Life of Pi, The Hobbit and Redemption Ride--the latter a Christian film I highly recommend. I watched that today.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:47 am

Amy, Congratulations on the dating anniversary! That's so beautiful that Andy serenaded you! I'm praying that you would have renewed energy. Blessings!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

AnneRene'
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby AnneRene' » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi Guys!

First off....Jaybird......

Image HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY.

And Shannikins....I wanna know too! Did ya sleep that night? Mes has trouble sleeping too and sometimes I don't E V E N want to go to bed to fight the torment of not being able to sleep well. :(

Chrissy....don't give up on those vacation pics....mes really does want to see 'em.

And Amykins....glad to see you and know that you and Master Andy are still working on that long distance relationship....boy, that's a tough one. However, that serenade thingy is "over the moon-romantic", which just warms me little heart.

Hi to everyone else. Gotta git busy with "stuff". :D

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Oh Jay I'm so sorry. I can't believe that I forgot your birthday and it's on 11-11 too. Next to matching undies and biting elephants 11-11 is my favorite thing! I'm glad you had a good day. I haven't been on to play Word with you because my tablet is broken and that's were all my games are. Chris has let me borrow his, but he groans when I mention putting a game on it so I've been trying to get by with the horrific ones he has. I did download the Candy one, but didn't do the others. The part was supposed to come Friday, if it's not here today his tablet may get more games. For some reason I can't play them on the PC they freeze up.

I should be working on getting Amy's birthday present done. When I thought I might see her for her birthday in August I worked really hard, then when our plans fell through...I kind of put it aside. She knows I'm knitting her something with the look thingie that I got for Christmas, but it's so big and heavy it keeps breaking so it's much harder to do.

I need to finish the MS and proof Q's theology paper and only have a day or two to do both. I'm a bit stressed by it all. Plus I have had a bad headache and backache for weeks now. I can hardly see anything from the migraine and it hurts to strain my eyes. If I'm away from heating pad too long my bag starts screaming obscenities. Between not moving as much and replacing my rice cakes with PB cups I can feel the pounds piling on every few minutes. I made Chris promise not to buy me rice cakes and honey, now I think I'm going to ask him to do the same for candy. Then I'm also eat tortilla chips with melted cheese and oatmeal. Not very healthy which may be why I feel so cruddy. I'm eating my yogurt still though.

Has Becky been on since I hinted that the crazy family good be us? She either got extremely inspired by us or insulted that she would consider such wacky characters as us...or I guess she could be helping her grandparents. I mean she wouldn't be insulted because I suggested she use us as characters, she can be the queen oddball. I'm sure Amy would step down from her throne to let Becky be Queen Bonkers Beakers. :tongue

I used a lot of you when I was asked not to use my Wrigley character anymore because she was too recognizable. Okay I need to either go back to editing or bed, not sure which. Oh Pup the poem? I'm still waiting!

And Jay, if you would like a echt editor or just a plain proofreader for your 2000 word piece, I'd be delighted to do it for you. I can do a piece that short for free too, just let me know! Good lucj.

If any of you haven't entered the challenge in a while, you should really try. There have been a big decline in the numbers this quarter some in the low 40's and I know they really need people. Remember you get 4 chance for free if you're not a gold or platinum member. The topic is like living in a fishbowl and now they don't want a bunch of stories about dirty fishbowls or anything fishy just a story about people scrutinizing the lives of others.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Hey Holly! We's both been on at the same time! I don't think I did sleep. I haven't been sleeping much. Instead I've let anxiety and what not overpower me. I am excited because the book is getting close to being done by Christmas! I hope you all will buy one for grandchildren, nieces, nephews, aliens in your basement, cats that live next door, cousins, sisters, brothers, dogs etc.

For my buddy Jay (So Sorry I missed it)

Just because I love purple and often stick my tongue out behind your back (or in front of your back if you happen to be facing east at the time)

There was a really funny one of a skeleton who was wearing a birthday hat and it said Am I late? I thought it was hysterical, but didn't want to offend anyone, plus now that I am a moderator I have to be somewhat dignified.

Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Sparrow wrote:Texting is the easiest way for me to keep in touch, since I can do that from bed.

Yeah but you aren't as good at it as Shann... she does it in her sleep. :rolling

Nice to see you drop in Little Bird (you know how I worry) but I know how life can run you ragged, so I won't complain. Much. :P
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Shann wrote:If any of you haven't entered the challenge in a while, you should really try. There have been a big decline in the numbers this quarter some in the low 40's and I know they really need people.

You are so great at motivating me, Shann! I had an idea for this week's challenge, but kind of pushed it off since I'm so busy NaNoing. I'm going to do it though!

BTW, I'm a third of the way through my novel, 17,000 words or so. I'm a bit behind though, so I think I'll put in 4 hours of writing tonight and catch up on my word count and write a challenge entry.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:26 pm

My parents hit a deer on the way home tonight. Mom said she saw a deer on the side of the road and hit the break to slow down but didn't realize there was another right in front of them. They hit the deer and then it flew in the air, landed on top of the hood then flew to the left and landed somewhere in the grass on the other side of the road.

The car was leaking things and making sounds and obviously in no condition to drive. My grandmother had to go pick them up and they had the car towed.

So glad they are okay, although mom feels horrible and is shaken up and sore.
Dum Spiro Spero

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:32 pm

I'm glad they're okay! That would be pretty freaky.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:42 am

Glad they made it ok. If they had lost control of the car, it could have been hairy. BUT.. I have to be honest, when I read...

The car was leaking things

I did giggle a little, "Yeah, it's leaking Bambi guts." :sorry

JesusPuppy Profile

deejay

Postby deejay » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:42 pm

Did the deer make it, or do you now have fresh venison in the freezer?

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:25 pm

DeeJay- No on both accounts.

We don't eat deer meat. Although everyone else 'round these parts do.
Dum Spiro Spero

Allison

Postby Allison » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:11 pm

Too many accidents!

I was in a car accident on Friday. I'm fine, and so is the other lady. I was going straight through a green light and the other lady was making a right turn, failed to yield, and hit me. $6000 worth of damage. :shock: Thank goodness for insurance!

Then on Saturday, we found out my cousin, Kathy, who's been battling a recurrence of breast cancer wasn't expected to live more than a few days, and she passed on Monday. It was not a good three day weekend. *sigh*

Be praying for Kathy's family. I know she is in heaven now, but her immediate family members (mom, dad, brothers, husband, step-daughter and daughter) are not Christians.
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:47 am

Adding them to the prayer list.

JesusPuppy Profile

jaybird
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby jaybird » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Allison, my condolences.

Becky, I'm glad your folk are alright.

Shann, I already sent my story, however, next time I'll have you proof for me. I look forward to get your book. Thanks for the bday wishes Shann and Holly.

The snow is on its way they say. Who is "they" by the way. Say, hey I'm rhyming.The infamous "they"-- it's them. That sounds scary.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"Why sweat the small stuff when it's really not a big stink" - my quote

http://www.journalhome.com/ThingsToShare/

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler