To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

A place for general chat (non-writing related). Please keep political discussions to the relevant neighborhood forum.

Moderators: RedBaron, cori67, Shann

JoyAnn
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Pacific Coast Rest-Stop

Postby JoyAnn » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:28 pm

Sorry about the cancer. And I thought it did, so IDK why it didn't show up going to try again with Click, I was so happy with the way my firs poem turned out that I have been wanting to try another but none of the topics yet have sparked something so I am hoping that one of them soon does because I would like to try another poem.
~Jazzy~Tazzy~
~Tazzarina~Terror~
~Terrorizer~Princess~
~Spunky~PopTart~JoyBells~

"Oh, I KNOW I'm not confused."

"Yeah, I am a Moron."

In His Love and Mercy, Tiara Joy

Terrorizer41192@hotmail.com
(I can't even get into this one, so if you sent anything to it I won't get it....)
TiaraJoy's Profile

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:11 am

Make up your own topic and do one anyway.

I have filled tons of notebooks with poems that no one will ever read. Mostly because I dont carry them around with me, it would take a truck... :roll:
....JesusPuppy (or just call me Pup) Image

And just for the record, I am a Male.

"I am a writer, I do NOT lie... I fictionalise." JP

"The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee.." Num. 6:24

JesusPuppy Profile

Cypress Times, online Christian news paper.

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 am

JesusPuppy wrote:Well Leah at least he stayed up for the important thing... watching Doctor Who. :mrgreen:

:lol:
Yeah, we're enjoying the episodes. Pretty cheesy overall, but we're still in the beginning-middle of season 3, so my mom tells me it's just introducing the characters and the old enemies and such, and it will get way better. So she says. Remains to be seen. :wink:

Well, after hounding our landlords on Monday, they finally got us a second door opener, and also gave me a set of keys that work slightly better in the doors than the copy I had made of the first set. Overall, though, our new place is very nice, and as a condo it's quieter than the apartments we've lived in. There's so much space, but then again, we haven't yet moved everything in. I still need to go back to the old place to get more dishes and books and random knick-knacks. Once we clear it, I plan to hire someone to clean it. I definitely want our deposit back in full or at least mostly full. I'm loving the unpacking and setting things up just how I like it. And Ryan is doing better about keeping things clean.

A bit wiped from two nights of work. Last night we had our memorial for Melissa, which was a short service in the chapel at the hospital. It was good, though I cried enough to need to wash my face about three times before I looked presentable to work. I had an hour in between that and work so I could grab dinner (breakfast?) and some caffeine. We haven't been as crazy busy but it has been steady.

Hope y'all are having a good week.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:50 am

Hi guys, I've missed you. Have you missed me? :mrgreen: Sorry I haven't been around. I haven't been doing well and am just barely clinging on to the basics of what I need to do. I can't remember when I came here last, but I've had a low-grade fever for five and a half weeks now. I'm still waiting for some test results back and I have an echo-cardiogram on my heart tomorrow, trying to find a cause for that and my worsening fatigue and weight loss. Andy has been sicker lately, too.

I feel like I'm losing more and more function over the last year, so it's kinda scary. I haven't been able to write my own stuff for a long time, but I was hanging onto the fact that at least I could still help others get published, but I haven't really been able to keep up with that the last few weeks either.

And then I went and just accepted another interpreting job, so maybe I'm totally insane now. :roll: I'll be working 4 and a half hours a week.

I went back a couple of pages to read the updates. I knew about Jay's cancer and his cousin--hard stuff. :( Praying for you, Jay, and your family.

Leah, so cool you got to catch a baby, even if it was by accident. Hope things don't turn out too badly with your landlord. Sad about your coworker. Did you ever hear how she died?

My oldest sister just found out they are having a surprise baby, arriving eight years after what they thought was their last. :lol: They are a little nervous cuz she's been really sick with this one, and she has chronic health issues too, but they are all excited. Their three girls had been asking for a baby. God said yes!
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.
My Website, Sparrow's Flight

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:20 pm

So my friend and I started using an App (me on my iPod and she uses it on her phone) called Voxer. It's a free walkie talkie app but basically you can send voice messages, text messages and photos to each other and its kind of a lot of fun. Especial the voice messages cause its like in between texting and calling on the phone. lol

Oh and you can do a group message with like me and four or five other people. Its really cool! :)
Dum Spiro Spero

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:42 pm

Praying for you Little Bird. :( And yes I have missed you.

Just don't seem fair. With everything you have going against you in life it just seems to get worse. The Devil must really hate you for some reason. Maybe if you weren't so nice all the time... :wink:

Tell your sister congrate on the new little one, and let her know there is a good side.. she will have a ready made babysitter in her oldest kid. :mrgreen:

Well, meself, I dug out me bike today. And I am regretting. OOOOOOOOuch. First good day in some time, and I have to kill meself with muscle cramps. Toes, legs, back. But... at least my face don't hurt. :roll:

Leah.. If you think the new ones are cheesy, you should watch some of the old black-n-whites. When the enemies were guys in layered on rubber suits that looked like guys in layered on rubber suits.

JesusPuppy Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:14 am

Andy and I have watched through Season 6 of the new Doctor Whos and yes Leah, they do get better. Though I thought Season 1 was pretty good. We tried to watch some of the old ones, but they are harder to get through. I didn't make it through more than part of the black and white ones, but the color ones are a little better.

I want a TARDIS look-alike cat tree for my cat. And, I want to get kittens and name them Tardis and Idris. :mrgreen:
Amy Michelle Wiley
Check out my booklet, Bring Your Writing to Life: a writer's guide to "show; don't tell". Buy it here.

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:13 am

:rolling

There are a lot of little inside jokes and stray comments that most people dont get in the new shows. When Sarah Jane showed up it had several, but you wouldn't know how funny the comment was if you hadn't watched the WHOLE show. I love the new shows, but the old clasics are still my favorites. Like old friends you grew up with.

JesusPuppy Profile

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:02 am

I'm sad I can't watch the Sarah Jane Adventures, but they aren't free on Amazon Prime.
Amy Michelle Wiley

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:27 am

I'd appreciate some prayers for peace right now. I got a message from work that they want to set up a meeting with me, but they didn't say what for. And of course I can't find out until next week whenever the meeting is. Now in my head is swirling the thousands of possible reasons I basically suck and they have to sit down and rub it in. I know I'm not perfect and I can't be super nurse, so it really is hard when my failures are pointed out. Hopefully it's a small thing that I just need to acknowledge my understanding. I really really don't like getting cryptic messages, ESPECIALLY at the end of the day just before the weekend, which gives me all weekend to fret about it. Lord Jesus, please please please help me to trust you and not worry!

I did a lot of cleanup and packing last night at the old apartment, and then we had small group tonight so I didn't get much sleep. So I'm pretty tired. We have to be out of there and have it cleaned by Tuesday, so I do need to get over there and do more, but we'll see. Maybe I should nap here now and go over before work.

Hope all y'all are having a good weekend. Night night.

Rebecky

Postby Rebecky » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:26 pm

We had to put our 9 1/2 year old Lab mix down today.

He started limping real bad earlier in the week and then he slowly got worse. He couldn't even get up or walk or anything and this morning he was crying a lot. My parent decided to take him to the vet this morning, but mom couldn't go so dad had to take him alone. Turned out he had bursitis of the left knee, most likely from a past injury, and it was so bad that he'd never respond to treatments and even if he did he'd most likely never walk again so putting him down was the right and best decision.

I've been crying all day, even before he was gone knowing what would end up happening.
Dum Spiro Spero

Shann

Postby Shann » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:21 pm

I'm sorry Becky. After you texted me I looked up some things and they said Labs have problems with hip and knee joints so I wondered if maybe that was it. I think it's weird that big dogs have a shorter lifespan than small dogs, but from what I read 10 to 12 years is the normal for those dogs, so I could say all the usual things like at least you had nine good years with him, but that doesn't help, but a good cry and cuddle does. Since I can't cuddle with you scoop up your Yorkie and tell her (or is it him?) how much you love him and he'll help ease the pain some. I know it's hard, our 16 yo dog died when I was in the hospital. Poor Lyd was so upset, I felt terrible that I couldn't be there for her so we both cried together over the phone. If I hadn't known that Chris just left me and would be home in a few minutes I would have yanked out the IVs and started walking the 6 miles in my nightgown...probably would have been picked up by the cops and taken to the psych wing, but that might be what I need...

I'm not sure why, but I feel so down lately. Usually at the very least I pop in here every day even if I don't speak, but lately I don't even have the energy to do that. I need to finish editing this MS. It's turned out to be a very complicated matter, the lady is really nice she just doesn't understand the meaning of intellectual property. It's basically turned from a simple editing job (I was the third editor so it was supposed to be a breeze just triple checking.) Not only is it a total mess, but I have to double-check everything and if it is from another place rewrite it in original words. It was suggested that she use dialog and use quotation marks instead of writing: I told my husband to go downstairs. Well she listened and this is how she fixed it: I "told" my husband...

I'm not complaining because I am so grateful for the job. I really enjoy editing and getting some money is a huge boost! The people I've worked with are super sweet and have been really responsive to my suggestions. I know they are looking for a couple of more people who would be willing to be detailed oriented, and go the extra mile. It doesn't pay a lot, but if anyone likes doing proofreading and knows the rules or has access and is willing to double-check them, I'm sure the company would be interested in using you. I know Amy is not up for it right now. They also need layout and people to do formatting and marketing. It's all work from home stuff, but it's a nice start into the world of writing.

Sorry Leah about the anxiety. I can totally relate. In 9th grade, I was supposed to stay after for talking in class (really can you believe that?) and when I started to leave the teacher said something to me. My friends were all about so I acted tough and responded using words I can't repeat here and am horrified that it even came out of my stupid teen mouth. Of course, not only was it Friday, but Memorial Day weekend so I was tortured from the second the words left my mouth until the teacher's phone buzzed in science class asking me to go to the principal's. Of course, everyone knew what I did and the kids all oooohhhhheddddd.

I know not the same thing, but thought it might distract you for a minute or two. Maybe it's something quite inconsequential and not at all something you did wrong. Could it even be something like checking to see how you are coping since your co-worker died?

We had one doctor who used to be a tyrant. She was known for going after new nurses. It's funny because there were only two OB docs in town and before I worked there I liked Dr. R way more than Dr. G., but after a few minutes of working there that changed. Eventually Dr. G became Q's godmother and when Mom's aneurysm ruptured she came into my hospital room (I was a patient coincidentally with my PC doc) and she held me for 20-30 minutes well I sobbed. She never said a word, just held and rocked me gently.

But when I first started, we had an emergency and I was fresh out of nursing school. I knew I should be doing something but had no idea what. I had very little actual patient experience. Dr. R snapped at me and I responded. "Remember, I'm new and I don't know what to do but if you tell me. I'll do it."

I think she must have respected that because she never came after me too much. When she did I would stand up to her. She isn't taller than 5 ft but boy could she be scary when she got mad! So know I'm thinking of you and praying that all goes well.

I can't believe Amy has turned into a Whoivan (I asked my hubby I've never heard of the word) I knew what a Tardis was (only because Lyd bought a tree ornament for Chris and it's right next to me) I asked him what Idris was and he didn't know!!! I had to google that! I told him I was going to shame him in front of you all. Okay I'm either going to go back to bed or work on editing. Not sure which but don't worry I'll let you all know! Maybe :mrgreen:
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

JesusPuppy

Postby JesusPuppy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:45 am

Kiddo, so sorry about the dog. It would be like loosing my brother, Except I would be happier loosing my brother actually. :roll:

Leah look on the bright side.. if they were going to fire you they would have had the meeting this week. In know not to incouraging but I tried.

Sparrow wrote:I'm sad I can't watch the Sarah Jane Adventures, but they aren't free on Amazon Prime.

Can you wait til the conference??? I can make you copies. :wink:

I mean really. Sarah Jane Smith was my favorite Doctor Who companion. Of course I would have copies. :mrgreen:

Info for Shann:: Idris is the mental awareness of the TARDIS, as it was incarnate in the form of a human woman in the episode "The Doctors Wife"

JesusPuppy Profile

violin4jesus

Postby violin4jesus » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks, guys, for the encouragement. Sorry, Becky, about your dog. :cry: I've never had a long-term pet, but I know it can be really rough to grieve over a loss like that.

After talking with my charge nurse last night, I feel a little better. She said that usually when she's called in it's for clarification on a patient's chart as to what she did. I told her about the case I think it is (not able to share details but boy is it a juicy story, Shann) and she said it sounds like that would be very possibly the reason. I'm hoping it is, because I can completely defend my charting in that case. Hopefully it is completely minor. You're right, JP, if it was a really big deal they would have taken me off the schedule and I think I would know. Ryan keeps telling me to calm down and not worry. So I'm trying to forget about it. It was a busy night and I had a lot to do, which kept my mind off it last night.

Sorry you're so busy and stretched, Shann. I'm glad you can be helpful to someone who can't write good. :wink: Hope you get it done quickly and can rest up.

Sigh. Gotta get some sleep before heading back to work tonight. Have a good Sunday, y'all.

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Hey all just popping in. It's been a rough day. Q called very early and is quite anxious about his final tomorrow in the Old Testament Class. He sent me the study guide because I'm good at mnemonic thingies, but oh boy is that something. it's easier to understand you Dr. Whospeak than that! He has 68 things that he must know all kinds of details, Bible verse etc. The first on the list was Antiochus Epiphanes who was a seleucid ruler of Palestine and is known for banning circumcisions and is referenced in Daniel 8:( as the little horn. I gave him some ideas to remember but can't say them on here) He said if they didn't help him, at least he got a good laugh. But out of the 68 things, he will have 5 on the test and will be given 30 minutes to write a paragraph on four of the five of the sixty-eight. Man I prayed that if this is where he is meant to be God will lead me to the correct ones to help him with my silly remembering things and then I highlighted a few that seemed like God was saying tell him to know this. it's intense stuff.

I am worried though because he has always struggled with school and Duke is the second hardest Masters in Divinity program in the country. He was so upset and stressed. it's hard not to be able to fix things like that for him. I know how hard he has worked. He spent hours on the paper and didn't do well and did numerous rewrites but the TS just said no that's not what you need to do, then the next time he would contradict himself. I helped him with that paper by editing it for him and giving some feedback but it's way over my head.

I did wash my sheets, blankets, nightgowns (and matching undies of course) and hung them on the line, so soon I'm going to shower and put a fresh gown on and climb into my fresh bed. I think that's what Heaven will smell like--clean sheets right off the clothesline!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler