I'm Having Trouble Setting the Right Time on My Posts.

Frequently asked questions for life at FaithWriters and here in the forums.

Moderators: RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne, RedBaron, itsjoanne

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

I'm Having Trouble Setting the Right Time on My Posts.

Post by Deb Porter »

Setting the time to reflect your own local time on your posts (and those of others) has been a problem on these message boards for a long time; however, that problem seems to be sorted out now, and you should be able to get it reasonably close--as long as you know the GMT (+ or -) for your part of the world (give or take ten or so minutes--which makes me wonder if it registers the time from when you first start writing your post).

To find out how far ahead or behind Greenwich Mean Time your part of the world is, visit this site:

Click on your country, and then select your region from the map. It will tell you how many hours plus or minus you are from GMT.

For example, my time in Sydney Australia is +10 GMT normally, and +11 GMT when we have Daylight Savings Time.

So with the GMT information for your region, go to your profile here on the boards:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpB ... ditprofile

Scroll down the page almost to the bottom. Just before the "Avatar Control Panel" you'll see an option to set the Time Zone and Date Format.

Change the Time Zone to match your region's GMT time.

Scroll down the page to the Submit button. Click on that, and your posts (and everyone else's) should start to match the time in your part of the world.

Little reminder ... if you do have Daylight Savings Time in Summer, make sure you remember to adjust your time on your profile by increasing your normal GMT by 1. After Daylight Savings, pop back to your profile and set it back by 1.
Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator
Breath of Fresh Air Press

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to “FAQ”