To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

New to Nonfiction

If you're a non-fiction writer (other than inspirational articles and devotionals) this is the place for you.

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

GodGirl
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

New to Nonfiction

Postby GodGirl » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 17 year old aspiring writer, and am trying to find a genre or style of writing to really focus on. I've recently decided to try my hand at writing nonfiction. Does anyone have any tips/ideas on how to get started?

DeeRedeemed
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: New to Nonfiction

Postby DeeRedeemed » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:40 am

Just look at life around you, check what the Bible says about it and start writing!
Blessings!
Dee

RachelM
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:02 pm

Have you tried the weekly writing challenge? Most of my entries are nonfiction, and I find the deadlines very motivating. :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

GodGirl
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby GodGirl » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Thanks for the great ideas. I have tried the Challenge a couple of times, but as a Silver member, I only have 4 credits. I'm hoping to upgrade soon, however, which should give me more opportunities:)

Shann

Postby Shann » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:20 pm

I was going to suggest the challenge as well. I have written some nonfiction. Most of my stuff though is fiction with a lot of my real life in it. You may want to consider writing a testimonial (especially if you upgrade, then you could enter the testimony contest.) Another good nonfiction is devotions. In fact, FW is doing a daily devo written by each member.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to Non-Fiction Forum