To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Children's Non-Fiction

If you're a non-fiction writer (other than inspirational articles and devotionals) this is the place for you.

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

jessjenkins
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Children's Non-Fiction

Postby jessjenkins » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:45 am

Hello Fellow Non-Fiction People!
I'm a very new writer (well, new to considering myself a writer - not to writing) I love writing fiction but I have a great desire to write a non-fiction book for children/younger teens about modern missionaries. I love the great missionary stories but it seems that the most recent well-known missionary story is Jim Elliot (which is an amazing story and I love it, but it was quite a few years ago)
There are so many amazing creative and technology-oriented missions opportunities and I want to introduce these opportunities to children and teens.
So my question, I guess, is, Is non-fiction for children a viable market? One big problem for me is I live in South Korea so I can't really go out to a book store and check things out. Researching what is currently out there via internet is a challenge because I can often only look at the cover of a book.
This project may need to be postponed until I get home for a long enough period of time to do some serious market research but any input from more experienced writers would be greatly appreciated.
:thankssign

Return to Non-Fiction Forum