To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Goals for week beg 28th July

If you're a non-fiction writer (other than inspirational articles and devotionals) this is the place for you.

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

ChristineMuir
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Goals for week beg 28th July

Postby ChristineMuir » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:31 am

Hi all,

How about we try and motivate each other and post our writing goals for the week - say Friday - Friday? Let's try and be realistic and then we can review them at the end of the week.

I'll start...

My writing goals for the coming week are:

1 x blog post onto spinning a yarn (I try to use the blog as a pointer to the resting in faith blog)
1 x blog post onto resting in faith
1 x article for Lent (up to 1,000 words) (I like to get things in early!) - maybe the first draft rather than the completed article.
I x devotional (around 300) on 'addiction'.

That's me done :-) will let you know how I got on next Friday.

Anyone else want to post theirs?

pheeweed
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Goals for week beg 28th July

Postby pheeweed » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Great idea. My goals for the week:

3 blog posts
research for my Bible study book at least twice (once I get started I'll go for a few hours, so I don't need to put a time on it)
500 words a day on my novel (I know, fiction, but it's all writing)
Phee
A friend of the Bridegroom

http://www.delightedmeditations.blogspot.com

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8 NLT

ChristineMuir
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby ChristineMuir » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:58 am

I also have a novel that I put away - but have just been accepted onto a mentoring programme so will have to look at that too.

Good luck for the week ahead - let's pray we can both post successes on Friday :-)

seasalt44
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby seasalt44 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Next week (August 7-11, 2012) my husband and I will begin the first of travels to promote the book we co authored, The 11:45 Call. We have an itinerary, promotional material and a willing heart to do whatever it takes to get the book in the hands of the readers God has called to read The 11:45 Call. We realize this is a Bible Study and have committed ourselves to offering to teach the study at writers retreats to be held by Christian Bookstores and churches. The purpose of the retreat to have people explore how they are impacted by The 11:45 Call and to have them write about it and share with others.

I will let you know how it goes.

Return to Non-Fiction Forum