To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Am I the only one?

If you're a non-fiction writer (other than inspirational articles and devotionals) this is the place for you.

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

yeggy
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: Am I the only one?

Postby yeggy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:56 pm

kql314 wrote:Hello- I write nonfiction, in the Christian realm. I co-wrote a book on Christian/ Church history, info at
http://www.toptenchristians.wordpress.com

and also am a columnist for http://www.taberstruths.com, and have another interesting project in the works. Regarding biblical archeology.
God Bless!

-Ken

Exciting topics, Ken. :clap
Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx

Blog: www.fridayisforfiction@wordpress.com

WarmPuppy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby WarmPuppy » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi there,
I also write non-fiction. My original goal was to write a book about a very specific life experience, and have used that experience in a couple of my writing challenges. I like the term "narrative fiction" because it seems the most accurate of what I've been doing so far. I am trying to immerse myself in this Faithwriters culture and learn as much as I can. I feel like my writing is finally starting to take
flight. I hope to be blessed as well as be a blessing to other writers.
Janet
Happiness is a WarmPuppy. Charles M. Schulz

pheeweed

Postby pheeweed » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi Janet,
Welcome. I expect you'll grow as a writer and make some good friends, just as the rest of us have. There are so many different kinds of non-fiction. I'm guessing your narrative fiction is a lot like some of the creative non-fiction I've been exploring.
Phee
Phee
A friend of the Bridegroom

http://www.delightedmeditations.blogspot.com

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philippians 4:8 NLT

yeggy

Postby yeggy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Glad you are finding a writing 'home', Janet.
Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx

Blog: www.fridayisforfiction@wordpress.com

seasalt44
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby seasalt44 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:12 pm

My husband and I have published a non fiction book-a Bible Study. We are working on 2 more. I have a workshop on start up for ministries and non profits, I love to write fiction, but it seems God keeps directing me toward non fiction. I also write character studies of people that I meet on the streets in ministry. We work with the homeless, street missions and at risk youth, so they are not the people many of us would have the chance to meet in our everyday existence.

Non fiction is not hard to make believable sometimes fiction is. Thanks for asking this. Have a blessed day, Brenda

Fadingman
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Fadingman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 am

I write non-fiction, and just discovering the meaning of 'creative non-fiction' from this thread, I write that, too. I just don't write as often as I'd like.

I've written studies and devotions for decades, at first on my BBS (electronic bulletin board system) in the '80's and 90's, and then on the web. Creative non-fiction is relatively new for me. I started with a short devotional post about Isaiah 6 (http://dtjsoft.com/isaiah-6/), then started blogging through Jesus' ministry years which became the basis for the first part of my first book.

(I used to *hate* to write!)
Andrew Bernhardt
Seeing Jesus - A Disciple's Perspective
Salvation costs me nothing. Discipleship costs me everything.

Previous

Return to Non-Fiction Forum