To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

It feels good not to be alone!

A place for new members to introduce themselves and to be welcomed to the FaithWriters' Community. Don't be shy. We love meeting new brothers and sisters in Christ.

Moderators: beaedwards, RedBaron, Shann

Katy Foster
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

It feels good not to be alone!

Postby Katy Foster » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:46 pm

I think this is just what I needed. I registered with Faith Writers over a year ago, but then tried to concentrate solely on finishing a Bible study I wrote for my son. I finally finished it, got it published, and feel like I am obeying God in my writing ministry.
But now I feel so exposed, and even a little lonely. Then I remembered FaithWriters. I am grateful and honored and anxious; my Baptist composure may start to bust at the seams. I am thankful for the backspace button. :superhappy

Come forth
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Re: It feels good not to be alone!

Postby Come forth » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:10 am

Welcome and blessings, Graham.
May we all get eyes to see and ears to hear,
A Revelation of His Word, crystal clear.
Admitting our need to be drawn in,
Less of self, more of Him.

My prayer for us all.
God bless us with the Revelation of His Word, Graham
http://www.shekinahcloud.com/page/page/8464330.htm

tomoral
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby tomoral » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:09 pm

:superhappy You will never be alone here. So many fine people and friendships to make. Greatest people of earth, I say.

Welcome and join in all the fun. The weekly Challenge starts back April 3, be sure and enter. It's great experience and you get friendly feedback.
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

RachelM

Postby RachelM » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:14 am

I'm glad you're back! I know what you mean about feeling alone. Writing has become such a big part of my life, but there aren't very many people who can relate, so the people here at Faithwriters have filled that space in my life.

Congratulations on getting your Bible study published!
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

philippa
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby philippa » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Katy Foster wrote:Then I remembered FaithWriters. I am grateful and honored and anxious; my Baptist composure may start to bust at the seams. I am thankful for the backspace button. :superhappy

Kathy I know to a certain extent how you are feeling. I have been flat out with other things that I really believe God had me attend and now it seems He has turned me back to FW. I'm delighted. It is a lovely community. Imagine when we are all in Heaven- 'oh hello; so you are Kathy. I'm Philippa-nice to finally get together'. :rolling
Or it is entirely possible that we will be captivated by Jesus and give Him all the attention.
My imagination does sometimes burst out.
Cheers,
Philippa

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi Katy welcome back. I totally get some of the things you are saying. I have a serious chronic illness. I was in the hospital for 9 days and just got home and still feel cruddy so I'm a bit late catching up. FW has saved my life. I've made friends, found hope, and even gotten some jobs that never would have happened if not for the wonderful site and people. I hope you give it chance again. There are some wonderful opportunities for paying members to market their books on FW. You really should check them out. I still smile when going through the site and see the ad for my picture book. I've sold more copies than I dreamed of in just a few short months. I've used the royalties to donate to the camp fund at my church and help send a kid to camp. It's awesome! Welcome back and I hope to see you around more as I get back on my feet.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to Newbie Nook