To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Not New. Recycled.

A place for new members to introduce themselves and to be welcomed to the FaithWriters' Community. Don't be shy. We love meeting new brothers and sisters in Christ.

Moderators: RedBaron, beaedwards, Shann

EnadVira
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Not New. Recycled.

Postby EnadVira » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:49 am

I am not new to faithwriters, but I am recycled to this part of faithwriters.

I love faithwriters and know it to be a great encouragement, and challenger, and educator, for those of us who write, or maybe just think we do.

I love the art forms and try to see the varied expressions of the artist as an expression of what is inside them. Each one of us has experiences that are not the experience of the whole of those who will read what is written. None of us writes for every reader; every reader will not identify with us nor with our style of writing.

Apart from sordid language and very poorly spelled words I appreciate each persons effort to communicate what is inside them. Art forms, i.e. writing, is a personal exposure of ones inner self.

Perhaps some see this art form as a tool for making a money, and I suppose that would skew the "inner person" thought and take the entire effort to another room entirely. For that segment of writers there are rules and rules and rules. I am not saying they are wrong, not for them anyway. :cop

So here I am, Hello! I am not one who likes the rigid rules applied, and especially to poetry.

If anyone cares to read "The Greatest 100 Poets of the Last Century" (it is a cd series found in most public libraries) you will find that poetry does not have to be perfectly rhymed and metered to be highly recommended as poetry.

Somewhere else, not "newbies" I'm sure, I would like to see a discussion on the subject of poetry. Is anyone interested?

EnadVira

Enad= a hard gemstone
Vira= courage

I look forward to being a part of your circle of sharers.

RedBaron

Re: Not New. Recycled.

Postby RedBaron » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:40 am

Hi and :welcome
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

RachelM
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby RachelM » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Welcome to the forums! I enjoyed your thoughts on poetry. I'm considering writing a poem for this week's challenge, but haven't written poetry since I was 15. It will definitely be a challenge! :D
My FaithWriters profile: RachelM FW member profile

Faithn
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Faithn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi,

I like your ideas on poetry :D

My desire to write isn't to make money for sure. My first published works were in the local newspaper when I was 15 years old. Didn't make anything, just wanted to write for the glory of God!

I plan on entering the Writing Challenge, but I'm not sure my style will be kosher. I love to write a poem or prose about the subject, then I delve into scripture and write a short expository. Does that sound crazy? :clown

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Welcome back to FW! I'm glad you decided to check out the forums. I agree poetry can be many different things. I write some, but it's not great since I'm tone deaf and have a hard time hearing rhythm. If you scroll down a bit, you'll see a thread called poetry corner. Usually people post poems there, but you could start a thread discussing it as well. We have some truly gifted poets here that's for sure. Have fun exploring and feel free to jump into any conversations. :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Come forth
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)
Pencil 6 (300-499 Posts)

Postby Come forth » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi and welcome to/back/pushingon FW. :lol:

Blessings, Graham.
May we all get eyes to see and ears to hear,
A Revelation of His Word, crystal clear.
Admitting our need to be drawn in,
Less of self, more of Him.

My prayer for us all.
God bless us with the Revelation of His Word, Graham
http://www.shekinahcloud.com/page/page/8464330.htm

buckspub
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby buckspub » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi EnadVira. Poetry is the one writing art that puts me in awe of every one of its writers -- I have never understood it, never will, and hold each of its writers in complete respect (because it's something totally beyond my skills! )

Buck

Return to Newbie Nook